Finally Got Married!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Sooooooo, as a lot of you know, Jenn and I were engaged last year. This is the year we hope to tie the knott.

I've been looking at the average cost of a wedding and am getting around $30 grand. Now, that number made me want to blow my brains out.

I was wondering if anyone here could give me some tips and ideas?

I have a location I would love. It's going to cost around $11 grand or so. That doesn't include invites, dresses, rings, etc.

Oye. Help!

Last edited:
Re: Planning a Wedding

You're marrying KurJen?

I don't think she'll feel too good about that. I may be a catch and all...but I don't think I'm her type.

Also, my fiancee might really dislike that idea. ;)

BuffBuff on the forum = Jenn.

No not me, another Jenn. I'm Jen with one n. :lol

BG - I have a good friend that did a very nice wedding for under $5G. But she spent a lot of time shopping around for good deals for cakes, did her own invites, etc... Often times you can find great sales at bridal dress shops when they are trying to get rid of older stock. It takes more time to find these deals - but they can be found. And she kept the guest list small - so not a huge catering bill.

Good luck - almost everyone I know has said that planning a wedding was one of the most stressful experiences of their lives. :(

People overspend on weddings. Keep it simple. Also, going into debt for a wedding is a bad way to start a marriage.

Have a Vegas Elvis Wedding! :D

elvis-wedding-2.jpg
;)

People overspend on weddings. Keep it simple. Also, going into debt for a wedding is a bad way to start a marriage.

We have a very, very nice savings account and would not go into debt at all. Even if we went over what I'm seeing as the average.

And Darth...yeah, yeah that. I'm gonna consider that.
:lol

pix is correct............keep it to a small ceremony & BLOW THE REST ON THE HONEYMOON...............:banana

pix is correct............keep it to a small ceremony & BLOW THE REST ON THE HONEYMOON...............:banana

I agree with this. I know a fairy tale wedding is a lot of gals' dreams....but I would go with something small and more intimate, have a great honeymoon and put the extra money towards a down payment on a house or apartment.

I agree with this. I know a fairy tale wedding is a lot of gals' dreams....but I would go with something small and more intimate, have a great honeymoon and put the extra money towards a down payment on a house or apartment.

:goodpost::exactly::goodpost:

We just got married last October. Cost came in about $16k, had about 76 people in Vegas and it was pretty much everything we wanted it to be. You don't have to spend a lot for a wedding.

Also congrats! Glad you guys are finally going to make this happen.

I got married in Vegas at the Bellagio eight years ago. It was very nice and came out to about 8 grand. A pittance, compared to what the divorce is costing me.:gah:

If the average cost of a wedding is between $20-$30 grand, I think around $12-$15 grand seems like a fair price.

Although I know nothing about planning a wedding, congrats Buffy! All the best to you and Jenn :D:D:clap :duff

I've been married for a while (going on 7 years) but I remember that we paid for a large chunk ourselves, something really small (less than 100 attending), with a modest reception and pulling very favor possible from DJ to Florist and still cost us about $10K. The photography which I love still cost us about $3K by itself once everything was said and done and the venue I think was about $4500.

It's doable for lower the problem comes usually with three things: Photography, Food and Flowers. Once those are lined up and taken care of, everything else falls usually into place.

If the average cost of a wedding is between $20-$30 grand, I think around $12-$15 grand seems like a fair price.

It could be - just depends on how many people you want to invite. The catering and renting a space will probably be your biggest expenses. And maybe the rings - depending on how fancy you want them to be.

For my last birthday, I had a catered dinner/party for about 45 people...catering bill was around $5G. Another $1,500+ was spent buying booze for the party and extra snack stuff. Many rental places wanted $3K-$5K...but ended up finding a great place that worked very well for only $300! So look around - if you are open to different possibilities - you could find quite a gem for a good price. Then there's entertainment - DJ or a band...that could run another $1000+. I ended up just making a playlist on my ipod and ran it into the sound system. Perfect music line up and it was free! So there are ways to cut corners if you want to keep the price down.

I always said if I got married I would elope. :lol Planning that birthday party was a HUGE stress and I didn't even have to pay for it. :lol

We just got married last October. Cost came in about $16k, had about 76 people in Vegas and it was pretty much everything we wanted it to be. You don't have to spend a lot for a wedding.

Also congrats! Glad you guys are finally going to make this happen.

Although I know nothing about planning a wedding, congrats Buffy! All the best to you and Jenn :D:D:clap :duff

Thank you so much. :D

Mike, we have a photographer who is one of our best friends. He offered to shoot it for us at one point and I am sure he still will. We have a band from Church we are going to look into as well. The food that we are interested in is around $90 per plate. But that fee takes care of the venue in all honesty. Which is great! The dresses and the rings may be the evil part of this planning.
:D

Back