Finally Got Married!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Planning a Wedding

We are going to Italy for our honeymoon. Woooo.

:lol We went to Disney World, there was an Italy there....but we loved every second of it.

7 years? Same with us, we were married in 2005. Costed about $30K.

My wife reminded me that we're going on 8 years but that's because I'm still getting used to this stupid 2012 but if we came up with a cost of $30K, I don't think we would have stopped laughing now. I'm glad we didn't spend as much on the wedding because by 2006 we had our own house, whereas a friend of mine who spent $70K on her wedding is still living with her parents because they are still paying off the wedding plastic 4 years later.

It's been almost a year since we've been engaged.

Wow, a year already. My wife and I were engaged for 5 years before we finally got hitched, we when picked a date the only response we got was "finally". :lol

Aw Mike, so sweet, 8 years!

Jenn and I will use savings for our wedding. We wont be using any kind of credit. So we wont be spending money we do not already have. We can still buy a house this year if we wanted, but we're going to wait until next year. :D

I know she and I wont spend more than $15000. That is WAY the max. I am hoping $13000. So I'll let you all know. :D

More tips and suggestions are great though. Keep em coming.

Awesome! I'd love to be there, Christina, and I shall do my best. :1-1:
When's the date?

Re my wedding, I chose the route of not spending much on it ($3500) and on traveling Europe instead. Did get married in Vegas but not on the strip. In a nice restaurant that had a gazebo in back. There's so many weddings in Vegas, prices are very competitive. (Plus my Mom's there...)
I wouldn't necessarily do that again but then I have no plans on marrying *him* again either! My 'do over' is gonna be better in every way. :lecture

:lol

Last edited:

CONGRATS !!!!!

You should save money on the wedding, but blow it all on strippers for the bachelorette party !!!!!

In all honesty, try to get some deals. I have some friends that were in the mindset of "it's the only time I'll get married, I want to splurge." Not only did they get divorced :lol, but before they did, they were in debt up to their eyeballs just from a wedding.

I have also had friends who used amateur photographer friends to do the photography to save some money....but that is a personal choice.

CONGRATS !!!!!

You should save money on the wedding, but blow it all on strippers for the bachelorette party !!!!!

In all honesty, try to get some deals. I have some friends that were in the mindset of "it's the only time I'll get married, I want to splurge." Not only did they get divorced :lol, but before they did, they were in debt up to their eyeballs just from a wedding.

I have also had friends who used amateur photographer friends to do the photography to save some money....but that is a personal choice.

Oooo can I be invited for that part please :D :lol :panic:

Congratulations on the upcoming wedding!

My wedding was about $9,000, but that was back in 1993. We had a sit-down dinner at a hotel ballroom. We got married in a smaller banquet room in the hotel (I refused to get married in a church). If I did it over again, I would definitely use more of the budget on food and less on decorations. Our photographer was pricey, but I am glad we didn't skimp on the photographs. We didn't have a honeymoon, but stayed that night in the hotel. I think if you love your dress, have great food and music, and a good photographer, not much else matters. We didn't really need wedding programs or stupid colored paper napkins with our names & wedding date printed on them.

Good luck with the wedding plans!!

While I can't offer any advice on Wedding Plans I wish you both the VERY best :clap :1-1:

...and be sure to post many many piccies of your special day :lecture
x :wave

My wife and I got married at an Embassy Suites which always has a beautiful sun lit area in the center which the hotel surrounds. We paid $10k to have the wedding in the garden, included appetizers and food for the people. It was really nice and made everything easier since everyone stayed in the hotel too.

Now that doesn't include the gowns, rings, etc but it was a major moneysaver.

Re: Planning My Wedding

I just want to say thank you for all of the congrats I am getting, and the advice, etc. It helps a lot to see what others have paid.

For now I got all of the quotes I need for the 1st place we looked. It will be just over $10k for the 2 different rooms, booze, all of the chairs, linens, appetizers, plated food (sit down not buffet), waiters, bartender, etc. So it does include a lot.

But even if we can find another place on the lake that is beautiful, that would include all of that, and it be $3k or so cheaper, we may go that route.

With the place we do like, they also offer 10 rooms at something like $18 a room. When we stay there we pay almost $300 a night. So it is a really good price. And we have family flying in, so that would help a lot.

It is so much to consider and we can't take our time if we plan to do it this year. And the prices we were quoted were for different days and high and low seasons. So we need to make some decisions sooner than later. I would get a wedding planner but I would rather spend that money on the BDR. (Serenity - Big Damn Replica)

Did somebody say Texas Freaks Clothing Optional Bachelorette Party?!?!

2007_08_holdsteady_crowd.gif

That is way, just way, too much pink MLP in one post! :lol

Avatar, two sig pics, and an embedded image! WTF happened to you TK-PONY? ;)

I got married back in 1999 and it was about $15,000 total. We got married at the chapel on the University of Houston campus. It was a neat place because it was all windows.

345887818_mDj9h-L.jpg

^^ not my picture

We had the reception at the Hilton that was also on the UH campus and had the food catered through them. This Hilton is attached to the college of hotel and restaurant management, which allows those student to get hands-on experience.

We also had a professional photographer and a DJ. We probably had around 100 people total

Back