Finally Got Married!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Planning a Wedding

Sounds like you throw a great party, Jen. I need friends like you! :rock

And congrats, Christina!

BG, the best way I've found to REALLY cut cost for a wedding is to cut your guest list down, pure and simple. Evey other cost cutting method is only marginal.

:lol My wife's ring was pricey, not for celebrities but for us it was about 6 times my salary! My ring was modest only $150 but it still looks great. As for dresses, my wife only paid $500 because she went to one of those bridal events and it was originally $3000. She looked fantastic though.

Have a Vegas Elvis Wedding! :D

elvis-wedding-2.jpg
;)

Yes, this! :clap

We have a very, very nice savings account and would not go into debt at all. Even if we went over what I'm seeing as the average.

And Darth...yeah, yeah that. I'm gonna consider that.
:lol

:clap :clap :panic:

Happy for you Buffy, but sadly I know absolutely nothing about the costs associated with tying the knot. I have been considering, of late, getting hitched at the Zen Center which I have been attending, because the grounds are so gorgeous, and we have the giant Buddha out in the back. Really been considering that lately.

In fact, if you're really coming to Vegas to get married, I can put you in touch with my Guiding Teacher, who does the ceremonies.

:D

We spent about $40k on our wedding not including honeymoon which was around $6k. If we had to do it all over again we would have done a destination wedding with just family and closest friends and would have been at our honeymoon location already. I'm going to be 100% honest and say that I remember very little from our wedding because you're on such an adrenaline and emotional high. Hell I didn't even get a chance to sit down and eat the food we paid for and still see someone in a photo I didn't even know was there everytime I flip though the photos. Keep it small, and invest more money in your honeymoon than the wedding itself.

:lol My wife's ring was pricey, not for celebrities but for us it was about 6 times my salary! My ring was modest only $150 but it still looks great. As for dresses, my wife only paid $500 because she went to one of those bridal events and it was originally $3000. She looked fantastic though.

A friend of mine got her dress at a clearance sale at a bridal shop. She got her dress for also around the same price and it was easily a $4000 dress. She looked amazing and it was such a beautiful gown.

We spent about $40k on our wedding not including honeymoon which was around $6k. If we had to do it all over again we would have done a destination wedding with just family and closest friends and would have been at our honeymoon location already. I'm going to be 100% honest and say that I remember very little from our wedding because you're on such an adrenaline and emotional high. Hell I didn't even get a chance to sit down and eat the food we paid for and still see someone in a photo I didn't even know was there everytime I flip though the photos. Keep it small, and invest more money in your honeymoon than the wedding itself.

40k? You could buy like 100 TDK Tumblers :D:lol :panic:

We are going with no more than 50 guests. I have a venue picked out that is very good to us. It's an incredible place! I just need to be 100% sure Jenn wants it there. Though, it's so incredible (and on the lake) I know she wont say no. It's our favorite place. And it also offers 10 rooms for guests. Which is good for my family/friends coming in from the North. Rings I know wont be an issue at all. We aren't worried about that cost.

The costs we DO have to worry about is traveling. No, not for our honeymoon. But for our 'marriage.' We have to travel to a state that allows same sex to do it officially, and then get our butts back to Austin asap to have the wedding all over again. But WITH people. In the states that allow it, we're just going alone. We don't see that as anything special. It's just paper. What happens later is the special part....Hey, not that!!! I mean the wedding with family and friends.

We are going to Italy for our honeymoon. Woooo.

SAM, YOU BETTER COME! But not on our honeymoon, just to our wedding.

40k? You could buy like 100 TDK Tumblers :D:lol :panic:

That's not much for a wedding these days. It's not like a down payment where you drop it all at once. It's an accumulation of being nickel and dimed to death througout the course of planning up to the day itself.

Congrats on getting married!

When I got married, we spent about 2.5k including the honeymoon,
we got married on a beach south of Cancun, with about 25 guests... we organized the whole thing in 2-3 months...

To each his own, but I couldn't even consider spending 10k or more on anything (besides a car or a house obviously)....

That's not much for a wedding these days. It's not like a down payment where you drop it all at once. It's an accumulation of being nickel and dimed to death througout the course of planning up to the day itself.

Remind me never to get married please :lol :lecture

Congrats on getting married!

When I got married, we spent about 2.5k including the honeymoon,
we got married on a beach south of Cancun, with about 25 guests... we organized the whole thing in 2-3 months...

To each his own, but I couldn't even consider spending 10k or more on anything (besides a car or a house obviously)....

My honeymoon was right next to you at Playa Del Carmen.

Remind me never to get married please :lol :lecture

The key is to find a women who's daddy was responsible enough to save for his duties as a father. That should be your number one requirement to marry anyone. Don't even worry about liking the girl or not. That'll come with time as long as he foots the bill.

Awesome choice for a honeymoon! I love Italy. :D

Where are you thinking about getting married? Not the party.

Awesome choice for a honeymoon! I love Italy. :D

Where are you thinking about getting married? Not the party.

I thought Iowa because it's close but Jenn gave me that look that said..uhhhh no! So, Boston.

On my gosh, you guys are planning already?!? That's so awesome! I remember just like it was yesterday when y'all got engaged! :)

I've been married for a while (going on 7 years) but I remember that we paid for a large chunk ourselves, something really small (less than 100 attending), with a modest reception and pulling very favor possible from DJ to Florist and still cost us about $10K. The photography which I love still cost us about $3K by itself once everything was said and done and the venue I think was about $4500.

It's doable for lower the problem comes usually with three things: Photography, Food and Flowers. Once those are lined up and taken care of, everything else falls usually into place.

7 years? Same with us, we were married in 2005. Costed about $30K.

On my gosh, you guys are planning already?!? That's so awesome! I remember just like it was yesterday when y'all got engaged! :)

It's been almost a year since we've been engaged. And um, you're coming! So your work WILL give you the time off or I will go there myself and make them!!! They don't want to mess with me.
:nono

:1-1:

Back