Final Fantasy XIII

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm about 1/2 to 2/3 of the way through Chapter 12. Got all my characters almost maxed out on level 4. All weapons and the accessories I use are maxed also. Hope to finish this in the next day or two. Things do get more difficult in Chapt. 12 - but you get crazy CP with the kills....so that's nice. In Chapt 12 you have to fight
Spoiler Spoiler:

I'm about 1/2 to 2/3 of the way through Chapter 12. Got all my characters almost maxed out on level 4. All weapons and the accessories I use are maxed also. Hope to finish this in the next day or two. Things do get more difficult in Chapt. 12 - but you get crazy CP with the kills....so that's nice. In Chapt 12 you have to fight
Spoiler Spoiler:

So 4 is the max?

So 4 is the max?

Yep.

Just finished the game. Chapter 13 is just one damn battle after another...I was like when is this going to be done already....get me to the boss fight! All I can say is the ending is a WTF moment. Kinda good...but I found it confusing as well. Will be interested to hear what others think of the ending once more have finished it. I have to say I'm glad to be done with this. :lol

any advice on what paradigms to develop for what character? also, I'm hesitating to begin weapon upgrades since I don't want to pour all those resources into a mediocre weapon or one that won't help the character. I'm pretty early in the game still, I think around the end of chapter 6.

any advice on what paradigms to develop for what character? also, I'm hesitating to begin weapon upgrades since I don't want to pour all those resources into a mediocre weapon or one that won't help the character. I'm pretty early in the game still, I think around the end of chapter 6.

I just developed the ones they started with -

Lightning - Commando/Ravager/Medic
Snow - Commando/Sentinel/Ravager
Hope - Medic/Ravager/Saboteur
Vanille - Medic/Ravager/Synergist
Sazh - Ravager/Synergist/Commando
Fang - Commando/Sentinel/Saboteur

Weapons - I cant remember what they were called - I maxed out their original ones - but then transformed Lightning, Vanille and Hope's and then maxed out those ones.

As I got to Chapters 12 and 13 I ended up pretty much sticking with Lightning/Vanille/Sazh. There were a few times when a Sentinel was needed and I would swap in Fang for Sazh. A lot of those harder battles you really want to have Sazh give Haste and all the other stuff to your characters while Vanille and/or Fang sabotage the enemies before you start fighting. If you get a preemptive strike - just got for a full out assault with all your members while the enemy is staggered and then when he isn't any longer you can Sazh/Vanille/Fang work their magic. I would also always have 2 members who know Medic on hand. Some boss fights almost KO all your characters after certain attacks and it's good to have two Medics curing everyone while someone like Sazh gives them all haste/shell/faith/etc...

Last edited:
Yep.

Just finished the game. Chapter 13 is just one damn battle after another...I was like when is this going to be done already....get me to the boss fight! All I can say is the ending is a WTF moment. Kinda good...but I found it confusing as well. Will be interested to hear what others think of the ending once more have finished it. I have to say I'm glad to be done with this. :lol

A couple of questions for you, since you have finished.

It's not really story spoiler.
Spoiler Spoiler:

A couple of questions for you, since you have finished.

It's not really story spoiler.
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Started chapter 11 a little bit ago. Can anyone tell me how to make my ultimate weapons or havent I gotten far enough for that yet?

I watched a youtube video about the ultimate weapons. Yeah no! I don't have time for all that BS. LOL! I'm still on chapter 11 though. I have most stats maxed out to lever 4 and can kill anything. I'm trying to complete all the missions just to extend the game. Anyways, thank you Final Fantasy! I am loving every minute!

Last edited:
It is simple. You just need a ____load of money.(like 8,000,000) Which is not so simple to get.:(

After a break this weekend, I set the goal of completing this by Friday.

It is simple. You just need a ____load of money.(like 8,000,000) Which is not so simple to get.:(

After a break this weekend, I set the goal of completing this by Friday.

It's not that simple. I can't add any more to my weapons. There is a star there but that's it. No special name or anything. I can't figure out what material I need to make them go higher. What am I missing?

It's not that simple. I can't add any more to my weapons. There is a star there but that's it. No special name or anything. I can't figure out what material I need to make them go higher. What am I missing?

You need to apply the weapon's catalyst. Tell me which weapons you are leveling up, and I'll tell you what item they need are and where to get them. You can actually buy most of them, but they aint cheap.

You need to apply the weapon's catalyst. Tell me which weapons you are leveling up, and I'll tell you what item they need are and where to get them. You can actually buy most of them, but they aint cheap.

Cool! Thank you! I will check when I get home. Actually I know 2 of them. One is the lightblade and the other is vidonfir or something.

Cool! Thank you! I will check when I get home. Actually I know 2 of them. One is the lightblade and the other is vidonfir or something.
No problem. I don't see a lightblade, but I do see Vidofnir for Hope.

For Vidofnir you need to apply an item called Scarletite. You can buy it for 100,000 in The Motherlode store.(be sure you don't have one in your inventory already first) Go to a save spot and enter the upgrade menu, Scarletite should be the only item you can apply to Vidofnir. Vidofnir's name will change to Hresvelgr, and you can upgrade it to level 41 max(the little star will appear again I think).

When you get to that point you will need to apply another catalyst called Trapezohedron, which costs 2,000,000.

I got 3 of the catalysts just doing different battles - they were dropped afterwards. When I went to upgrade a weapon that had a star by it - it showed me there what I could use. With a fully upgraded weapon all the components are shaded (so you can't use them) - if you have the right catalyst - it will not be shaded.

Now what catalysts I used and which battles I got them from - I can not say. :eek: I just figured this out by luck. :lol

No problem. I don't see a lightblade, but I do see Vidofnir for Hope.

For Vidofnir you need to apply an item called Scarletite. You can buy it for 100,000 in The Motherlode store.(be sure you don't have one in your inventory already first) Go to a save spot and enter the upgrade menu, Scarletite should be the only item you can apply to Vidofnir. Vidofnir's name will change to Hresvelgr, and you can upgrade it to level 41 max(the little star will appear again I think).

When you get to that point you will need to apply another catalyst called Trapezohedron, which costs 2,000,000.

Thanks! And thanks to you too Jen! You lucky woman!

yeah, I've changed the line up, redone the paradgims, I can get down to just him & then I lose :confused:

Which boss fight are you doing? Do you have any of those helpful potion things you can use? Not actual potions - but there are two that will cast haste/shell/veil/etc.....before the start of the battle. Sometimes that is helpful to do to give you the upper edge in the beginning of the battle - and often times that can make a world of difference.

If you are still stuck - let me know which boss it is (I can't remember going just by the Chapters) and I'll tell you how I did it. Which may not be the best or easiest way - but it worked for me. :duff

Back