Final Fantasy XIII

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah man, I'm way past being able to do it. It gets complicated though.

This is just weapon talk but I'll put it in spoiler anyways.
Spoiler Spoiler:

EDIT*** I leveled up my weapons properly...... My characters are now on steroids.

How did you do it? Just keep adding a bunch of random stuff to them?

How did you do it? Just keep adding a bunch of random stuff to them?
I'll do my best to sum it up...

You're going to need a lot of money to do my method. There's enemies in chapter 9 that drop incentive chips. Stock those up and sell them for some cash.

Each weapon needs experience points to level up. Your first step is to get an experience multiplier. I use Vibrant Ooze which can be bought at the Creature Comforts store. Then you need to buy an item that gives you a lot of experience. I use Crankshafts which are bought at Lenora's Garage.

Buy 36 vibrant oozes, and 30 crankshafts. Apply 36 vibrant oozes to the weapon and you will get some experience but more importantly a 3X experience multiplier. Then apply the 30 crankshafts, for a lot of experience.

If you like what you see repeat the process a couple of more times. Just note that the weapons reach a max level around 21-26. Then you have to use a rare item to proceed further.

I know it sounds complicated but it should make sense once you see it on screen. Just save before hand.

You're going to need a lot of money to do my method. There's enemies in chapter 9 that drop incentive chips. Stock those up and sell them for some cash.

Each weapon needs experience points to level up. Your first step is to get an experience multiplier. I use Vibrant Ooze which can be bought at the Creature Comforts store. Then you need to buy an item that gives you a lot of experience. I use Crankshafts which are bought at Lenora's Garage.

Buy 36 vibrant oozes, and 30 crankshafts. Apply 36 vibrant oozes to the weapon and you will get some experience but more importantly a 3X experience multiplier. Then apply the 30 crankshafts, for a lot of experience.

If you like what you see repeat the process a couple of more times. Just note that the weapons reach a max level around 21-26. Then you have to use a rare item to proceed further.

I know it sounds complicated but it should make sense once you see it on screen. Just save before hand.

Thanks for the tip! I guess I will wait until level 9 before I try this. :duff

Didn't realize the weapon levels went that high. Mine are on 5 right now. :lol :lol But I'm still getting through just fine and getting mostly 5 stars in battles. I should level them up some more though...I imagine things are going to get more difficult from chapter 10 on.

Yeah man, I'm way past being able to do it. It gets complicated though.

This is just weapon talk but I'll put it in spoiler anyways.
Spoiler Spoiler:

EDIT*** I leveled up my weapons properly...... My characters are now on steroids.

lightning & hope are starting to be a killer combo for me

lightning & hope are starting to be a killer combo for me

I'm at the point where I can choose between all the characters who I want on my team - I always choose Lightning, Hope and Fang. They are a powerful trio.

That starts to happen A LOT. By the way, if any of you guys get to Chapter 7 or 10, there are some really good ways to farm gil. In Chapter 10 you can fight a soldier that always drop incentive chips. These sell for a lot!

By the way I'm on

Spoiler Spoiler:

The enemies are tough here but there is one spot where you can farm for CP which should put to rest all those Game Over screens you keep seeing :lol

If you want to upgrade weapons and accessories you're going to need a lot of gil and components.

Like I mentioned earlier, there are good spots for farming gil. As for components there are certain organic ones that will bring the experience bonus to up to x3 after using about 36. They're actually pretty cheap in the shop. After that you can use more expensive mechanical components which give higher experience but can also lower the bonus. With this method I don't use as many expensive components.

I've almost fully upgraded one of Fang's weapons to its Ultimate form and have the other characters' weapons at a high level as well.

Uh huh, yeah. I wouldn't have posted this if it wasn't asked about before. Man, I give up on this thread.

Well I'm at the tail end of Chapt. 11.
Spoiler Spoiler:
He's a pain in the arse. After this fight, I heard you can return to other areas of Pulse after this battle? :dunno I hope so, because I need to work on leveling up my characters some more, I think, before I start chapt. 12. I heard the battles get way more brutal.

I just started, on Chapter Two atm, and was wondering if anyone could help with two small things. First, when can I actually start leveling and changing abilities or anything of the sort. Second, with Lightning's weapon, the wikia page shows art of it transforming since it's a gun-blade. How do I do that and is the gun better than the sword?

It's purely an aesthetic thing. If you do a series of attacks, her last one will be a shot instead of a slice.

It's purely an aesthetic thing. If you do a series of attacks, her last one will be a shot instead of a slice.

Thanks Odo, for some reason I had the impression she had the ability to switch whenever wanted.

Well sadly I could not beat that damn boss at the end of Chapt. 11. I tried everything. :mad:

My problem is that when I got to Gran Pulse, I never did any of those side missions or tried to get more CP. I was going to do one mission and thought the yellow arrow was pointing me in the direction I needed to go to find the target and I just kept running until I was at a whole new section that moved the story forward. :duh :lol SO, I've started a previous save and am now doing some CP farming before I proceed. Kind bummed I have to do that tower thing all over again - but it should be a lot easier this time around.

Purchased the game today, haven't played it yet. Can't wait too get into it though :)
Should be an enjoyable ride, though I don't know if I'm all God of War'd out yet lol

On chapter nine farming away on the
Spoiler Spoiler:
I'm not going to stop until I have Fang, Hope, and Light, all maxed out on the crystal thing. That should be enough I guess. :dunno

Ok so I just did the 36 and 30 thing. It shows a star beside my weapon but it looks like I can't do anything else. Howe do I apply a special item? What do they look like? I'm lost. Hahaha!

Ok so I just did the 36 and 30 thing. It shows a star beside my weapon but it looks like I can't do anything else. Howe do I apply a special item? What do they look like? I'm lost. Hahaha!

The star means that the weapon has reached its max level. Now you need a catalyst(super rare/expensive item) to get it to the next stage in its evolution. I have yet to use a catalyst in my game, but I'm guessing you apply it the same way you apply the other items.

If you tell me the weapon you leveled up I'll look in the guide to see its catalyst, and where to get it.

The star means that the weapon has reached its max level. Now you need a catalyst(super rare/expensive item) to get it to the next stage in its evolution. I have yet to use a catalyst in my game, but I'm guessing you apply it the same way you apply the other items.

If you tell me the weapon you leveled up I'll look in the guide to see its catalyst, and where to get it.

Ok cool! I appreciate the offer, but I would rather be surprised unless I get stuck. Thanks for the above tip though! Been farming for over an hour! :lol

I never stopped. I got addicted to just fighting those _____es over and over again. My crystal thing for Fang, Hope, and Light is maxed out at level 3 for all of their categories. :lol I may just farm some more just in case. I know how these games go from easy to hard in two seconds if your not careful.

Back