Final Fantasy VII Remake Yes or No?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which do you prefer for a future FFVII release?

• Remake FFVII

Votes: 46 85.2%
  • Sequel to Advent Children/Dirge of Cerberus

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • Other (Prequel, Sidestory, Another film etc.)

Votes: 4 7.4%

• Total voters
I'm getting all nostalgic thinking of Xenogears, FFVI, FFVII, and other JRPGs that were loaded with charm that we'll probably never see again on big budget games.

I haven't played it yet but I've heard Ni No Kuni has some of that charm

There is no denying that FFVII is deserving of a remake, even SE admits that nothing is superior to FFVII since they haven't produced anything to go beyond it to merit a remake.

I'd prefer a 3rd game that brings Trigger and Cross full circle.

+1 for VI remake.

That would be sweet. Cross was one of the more underrated games of that era.

There is no denying that FFVII is deserving of a remake, even SE admits that nothing is superior to FFVII since they haven't produced anything to go beyond it to merit a remake.

The problem is SE isn't the same company that produced FFVII. So even if they did remake it, it would be more comparable to crap like FFXIII than FFVII.

FFVII already has 3D graphics, granted they're dated now, but other than better graphics, how would the game be different? IV, VI, and Crono Trigger all were 2d, and would be much more deserving of a 3d upgrade. But alas, SE is a pale, substandard game publisher that has nothing in common with Squaresoft.

So what makes you think SE would do better doing more from the FF line? No logic in what you people want. They can't do a bad job with FFVII and in turn do good with the others that were mentioned.

Anything beyond these bad sequels is a step in the right direction.

Personaly, a return to story driven, Turn based Menu JRPG's is what I want.

Bring back the Final fnatasy 6,7,8,9 and 10 battle systems, and MOVE AWAY FROM ARPG's PLEASE!

Unless it's kingdom hearts. IT gets a pass, as it's allways been an ARPG

Bring back the Final fnatasy 6,7,8,9 and 10 battle systems, and MOVE AWAY FROM ARPG's PLEASE!

:exactly::goodpost::lecture

What was that RPG where it was 2 guys and a girl and they could transform into like some dinosaur creature or dragon fairy thing? I remember it was always on demo at target and places like that

As much as i loved FFVII, i doubt they'd do a remake on a major Next Gen console. if its just better graphics but same story and gameplay, it may not be enough for them to invest that amount of effort on a game of that scale.

totally agree with this and why I never got into Tales games. Also FF XII....... :monkey4

As much as i loved FFVII, i doubt they'd do a remake on a major Next Gen console. if its just better graphics but same story and gameplay, it may not be enough for them to invest that amount of effort on a game of that scale.

But the dated graphics are the main reason FF VII would be sweet as a remake.

But the dated graphics are the main reason FF VII would be sweet as a remake.

All the more reason they sould remake an older, better game, like FFVI or Chrono Trigger. I personally don't see SE succeeding at anything, but I'd be much more interested in a remake of a 20 year old game that was only presented in 2D sprite grahpics originally, rather than a game that was already presented in 3D.

Back