Final Fantasy next-gen tech demo shown during E3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plasmid303

Super Freak
Reaction score
top_en.jpg

There's not much to this but the graphics, and it very well may not end up being a game at all, but I thought graphics nerds and FF fans might like to check out this tech demo Square-Enix showed during E3. After seeing this and Star Wars 1313, I am very very ready for next-gen.

-It's real-time
-Made using their next-gen engine named 'Luminous Studio'

(I recommend you load the video in 1080p before watching)
[ame]https://youtu.be/UVX0OUO9ptU[/ame]

Here's the actual presentation of the tech demo, where you can see them manipulate it in real time.

[ame]https://youtu.be/Q9xhFpuIMX4[/ame]

Last edited:
Kinda reminds me of the old tech demo thing they did for the PS2 back in the day that seemed impossible and was. Still nice looking stuff. Square sure knows how to do graphics.

I look forward to tech demos in the near future and I'm sure we'll being seeing a bunch of them for the next Xbox and PS next year. I think we're all jaded enough at this point to take anything shown in tech demos with a grain of salt, but it's always nice to see potential.

As for this FF demo, I like the setting. I'd like them to keep it for FFXV.

I look forward to tech demos in the near future and I'm sure we'll being seeing a bunch of them for the next Xbox and PS next year. I think we're all jaded enough at this point to take anything shown in tech demos with a grain of salt, but it's always nice to see potential.

As for this FF demo, I like the setting. I'd like them to keep it for FFXV.

I'd say smartened up rather than jaded hehe. We've been fooled by tech demos and target videos more times than I can recount. I still vividly remember all those bogus PS3 videos. I agree though...at least they're thinking about the future and sharing their ideas with us. I'm sure their all thinking about it, but few are talking about it publicly which is really annoying to me.

The tech is impressive but I'm not sold at all on the world being represented.

I love tech demos. This one in particular has a very interesting universe. I would love to see a movie of i since surely no gameplay could match the epic spectacle this demo shows.

I wish Square would make more Final Fantasy's with more varied designs like this one since they literally could do anything with each installment. Hell they could have done Avatar if they wanted.

They could shake things up with FF if they wanted to, at this point. I think many people would say that public opinion of this franchise has been at the lowest it's been in its history.

For as middling as FF13 was, it's graphics we're really good, almost to par with that FF7 tech demo from 2006. Almost.

seriously one of the best right so don't know why there isn't a remake yet

The Square-Enix head honchos claimed it would take way too long. They said it'd take some ridiculous 10 years to make, which I think is absolute horse ____ honestly. Besides, the way they're making FF games now is way too anime tropey so they might just ____ a remake up anyway.

Why can't they remake FF6? :(

THIS!

FF6 is perfect as is. 16-bit games hold up pretty well. PS1 games on the other hand...

They even bothered to remake FF3 and FF4 (twice!). All they need to do is work their way up by remaking FF5, then FF6, and finally FF7. FF8 and beyond don't need remakes.

I'd be happy with an HD port so I don't have to drag out the SNES.

Tetsuya Nomura is too busy working on other FF projects. There would be no way that an FF7 remake would happen without his involvement.

At this point, a remake of that game just sounds incredibly difficult, since we're now at the end of this generation. I can't imagine how much it would cost and how long it would take to remake FF7 for the next cycle.

To be honest, I don't want a remake of FF7.

That tech demo looks gorgeous. I kinda wish that they'd turn it into a game. The world and the female character intrigue me.

Back