Figures you regret passing/selling

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My biggest regret was passing on the James Bond line. I remember looking at the Connery from Goldfinger at a Suncoast and thinking it looked awful as it was all twisted in the box.

After I jumped into the 1/6 collecting with Star Wars, I bought the Connery Bond off ebay and knew I had really made a mistake passing on this line. It took a year but I got most off the line.

Also passed on the Universal Monsters. I saw the 8 inch in Toys R Us and really liked them but didn't know they made 1/6 scale until I saw them at a Suncoast years later. As cool as they were, I was into all the Attack of the Clone crap. Wish I had a time machine!

Needless to say, I've been trying to aquire the Monsters.

I regret passing up a great deal on an Elder and Scar Predator.
Could have had both for less than what the going rate is today for one of them.

Sold my HT Pirates Line
Passed on HT Rambo :gah:

I basically regret selling everything I ever sold.

Regret on Selling Palisades Full Size Alien Vs Predator......Although, Sold for $350 A few Years ago, Am Looking to Buy again, Seems Like it can be Had for around $200 on the Bay these days....

i regret passing on the last 2 AVP predators from hot toys (chopper and elder) but i had an oportunity to get the P2 elder so i took it.
i also passed on the entire aliens line , but i was getting married at the time so i didn´t have a lot of money available for figures

So far I have no serious regrets selling any of my HT Iron Man figures, which were my favorite 1/6, and I had them all at one point. At least all of them that were available up to that point. It might hit me one day. But so far I'm not losing any sleep over selling them. I have some custom 'Nam figures I bashed that I'm sure I'll be sad about getting rid of.

I regret not being able to bid on the HT Godfather i have been watching for a week due to an out of control electric bill.:gah:

$218 shipped. 1 bid.:monkey2

Anyway.

Whens that T-1000 suppose to ship!:impatient:

I regret not being able to bid on the HT Godfather i have been watching for a week due to an out of control electric bill.:gah:

$218 shipped. 1 bid.:monkey2

Anyway.

Whens that T-1000 suppose to ship!:impatient:

Just console yourself with the thought that the bidder picked it up for that price, but probably had a ceiling way above that...

Walked past a mint on card Marvel Secret Wars Wolverine with black claws for retail once long years ago.

Passed up the entire collection of LJN's Indiana Jones Temple of Doom figures; at retail.

Traded a dozen or so vintage 12" GI Joes for a quarter of what they were worth, and the person turned out to be a dealer (claimed she wanted them for her son). Sold my stuff twenty minutes after she got the stuff; must have already had a buyer. She's a local politician now.

Sold a 3 3/4" collection to another liar who almost doubled his money selling them on EBay. Although I don't regret selling them as much as to who I sold them to.

Didn't try hard enought to find doubles of the last series of the Masters of the Universe, they're the only ones I don't have mint on card, well except for Clamp Champ.

Once didn't look at the picture of a auction with four figures good enough and noticed "after" someone else did, won it, and posted it, that it had a rare figure in it that was worth 5 time or more what the entire auction went for.

I could go on, but I'm depressed bad enough now.:monkey2

Hmm, I regret not getting into the Universal Monster stuff sooner. My grail is the 1:1 Ardeth Bey bust but I'll never be able to afford it on the secondary market. I also regret not buying the 1:1 Creature bust when it was half price. It was in my cart for the longest time but I couldn't pull the trigger. When I was ready to it was gone.

Stuff I regret selling:

- DCD B/W Mignola Batman bust (though it helped me fund my SSE 1:1 Frankie bust)
- HT Clubber Lang which I sold to buy the Street Version but never found one cheap enough.
- All my Star Wars Legos
- (3) 1:1 Snake Eyes busts which I bought for $25 each and sold for less than $100 each. :(

I regret not buying the Hot Toys Jack Sparrow on sale for $100 from Sideshow during SDCC that year! C'mon HT make me a DX Jack!!!

Walked past a mint on card Marvel Secret Wars Wolverine with black claws for retail once long years ago.

Passed up the entire collection of LJN's Indiana Jones Temple of Doom figures; at retail.

Traded a dozen or so vintage 12" GI Joes for a quarter of what they were worth, and the person turned out to be a dealer (claimed she wanted them for her son). Sold my stuff twenty minutes after she got the stuff; must have already had a buyer. She's a local politician now.

Sold a 3 3/4" collection to another liar who almost doubled his money selling them on EBay. Although I don't regret selling them as much as to who I sold them to.

Didn't try hard enought to find doubles of the last series of the Masters of the Universe, they're the only ones I don't have mint on card, well except for Clamp Champ.

Once didn't look at the picture of a auction with four figures good enough and noticed "after" someone else did, won it, and posted it, that it had a rare figure in it that was worth 5 time or more what the entire auction went for.

I could go on, but I'm depressed bad enough now.:monkey2

That reminds me of when I passed up on the Marvel Legends Deadpool at Target several times some years back. Now I kick myself in the ass as they got for insanely ridiculous prices nowdays.

Sold my Jack Nicholson Joker with Les Walker head (museum paint). Then traded to my P2 Elder to get it back.

Cancelled my Emma Frost comiquette from Sideshow right before it shipped :slap

It just happened to hit at a bad time with a bunch of other things.

Back