Figures you regret passing/selling

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The same thing happened to me... the local Hastings had him in stock, but I kept putting it off. Then, I found out about the 20% off in store sale a day after it ended. Finally I cracked and decided to buy it for retail a day later, and it was sold :cuss

By then it was also gone from GoHastings.com :monkey2

:exactly: That's what I'm saying man! You and I are the ones that keep talking about it in that "other thread" and I wish you'd quit bringing it up! :lol

I WILL have Wolvie...someday. Got a little extra cashflow currently so I'm thinking about jumping on one. The Hellboy II purchase is what's keeping me from purchasing him...that and the fact that I'm HIGHLY interested in the Popculture Thundercat's line that seems it's going to get priced in the high range. I really only want Lion-O, Panthro, and Cheetara but I think that's going to run me $1200.00 if the pricing comes out as expected. But man, with those three on my radar...why not just grab a Tigra too (Not sure I want the twins) and make it a full set...oh yeah there is the space issue as well!

Regret having passed on the HT ED209, I thought it was too big, but always have liked it.
Today, apart from the high prices, I remain reluctant for the rotting dome problem.

I've never sold anything from my collection...i guess i'm a hoarder.

I totally regret passing on the Predator Maquette EX. At the time i thought $999.00 NO WAY, but i would jump on one today for that price.

I also regret passing on the CS Moore Studio Frazetta CONAN the BARBARIAN statue, the paint job is what made me pass, and now i'm kicking myself.

I've only ever sold off three pieces:
1. HT Machiko. I just lost interest in this one fairly quickly.
2. HT Deunan Knute. Could not pose it as I wanted, due to rubber body suit and terrible hand articulation.
3. HT Briareos. See Deunan, but ten times worse.

Didn't regret selling all, was just pissed at the Appleseed figures being so damn limited and ultimately useless. They were practically grail pieces and they ended up being crap.

I do however regret buying a Takara Batman Begins over the HT version.

I regretted selling off my Captain America Ex. PF and my Lurtz Ex. PF, but I needed the money to buy my fiance a wedding ring, so I guess it was worth it in the end.

Still. I miss them. :(

Regret letting go of Rambo and Terminator Endo. And mostly my POTA Bloody Lawgiver :monkey2

Regret not buying [or being able to buy]:
HT Reese
HT Hicks
HT Preds {all}
HT Aliens {all}
HT Rocky set
HT Rambos
HT Dutch
HT Billy
HT Iron Man
HT Marcus Wright
HT RE
HT TT's
HT Hellboy

Sideshow Star Wars series
Sideshow Schultz
Sideshow Outer Limits last few offerings
Sideshow Drusilla
Sideshow Creature from the Black Lagoon

more Playing Mantis Captain Actions, Action Lads and Dr Evils

Robotech's 1:6 Rick Hunter Space Cycle {more than 1}

Awwww, just about ANYTHING 1:6

I canceled all my Exc. Preorders for GI Joe line after I seen the trailer for the movie.

Regret not being aware of the first few Marvel Pf's: cap, thor, red skull, LOGAN, hulk, and doom!! Damn and a few HT!!! Damn it back tracking now! I was(am) a figures guy. May give them up for statues:)

The only thing I regret passing on is the EX Captain America for the regular Captain America PF...at the time, I was new to Sideshow statues and just preordered what they had at the LCS even though I knew EX's were sold direct.

I regret selling my Red Skull EX PF; ESPECIALLY since I sold him to buy a Star Wars PF that I didn't like once I got it. My display just isn't the same without him. It was the HT Leon RPD, but I recently bought him off another board member for a great price and I am just waiting for him to come in the mail. :yess:

I regret selling

1) HT AVPR Wolf Cleaner kit version twice (yes, I sold one, bought it again cause I missed it so much then sold it again, and now I am really kicking myself)

2) HT Godfather

3) HT Machiko She Predator

4) Medicom Comic Spidey (always kept it MISB cause of the notorious reputation, sold it cause no point keeping something I couldn't play with but regret it now cause it is still the best Spidey ever made, hopefully HT will rectify that soon enough)

5) Medicom Kamen Rider Black and Battle Hopper (it's my favourite masked rider of all time but I needed the money and I got a good offer, hopefully Medicom will reissue it one day)

6) SS Old Ben (sold it cause it doesn't quite fit in well with the quality of my other HT collection but now regretted that decision cause that is easily one of SS finest sculpt for the Star Wars line. Didn't regret selling Jedi Luke though)

7) SS Indy (Sold for the same reason as Ben but now kicking myself cause it is really the only decent Indy out there)

8) Passing on HT Wolverine cause wasn't very impressed with the sculpt of the proto and accessories for the price (which was higher than the usual HT back then, but the final product looks fantastic it's just one of HT finest hour. Luckily I found one MIB for retail last month. It's easily my favourite HT figure)

I regret not picking up the Hot Toys Godfather. Especially since people were raving about it the whole time. I should have known better. I will rectify this when Hot toys starts to calm down with all the great releases.

This is my big regret too. Did the whole Enterbay vs. HT debate and decided to wait on both. Stupid.

medicom FMA mustang, decided to wait for price to come down, stupid.
medicom Daft Punks, simply the most impossible figures to get on my want list.
well, at least i'm not the only one who can't get them.
were they like extremely limited editions? or just super in demand?

medicom FMA mustang, decided to wait for price to come down, stupid.
medicom Daft Punks, simply the most impossible figures to get on my want list.

Last set I saw go on ebay about 2-3 months ago and they went for roughly $400 (before shipping) I kept an eye on them cos they looked sweet but couldnt justify the price.

Only thing ive ever sold which I regret was my HT Tumbler! Didnt have the space to display it so decided to let it go....used the money I made to buy 3 new figures which im very happy with just wish i hadnt convinced myself it not being on display meant I shouldnt have it :slap

Should have kept it until i get a bigger place lol live and learn, thats my only major regret.

Back