Figures you regret passing/selling

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Regret passing on when it was at retail price
All Hot Toys Rambo
Hot Toys P2 Elder

Hot Toys P2 SSE about a year ago on craigslist for $250 but I picked up a Hot Toys Robocop from the seller for $150, didn't have enough cash during the time.

Regret Passing:

HT Blade
HT Wolverine
HT Hellboy
HT Rambo
HT Robocop

Regret Buying:

Medicom Batman Begins (That piece of crap is worthless)

oh we can do buying regrets too?

HT AVP Predators.
HT Aliens Marines.
HT Aliens Warrior
Medicom RAH Boba Fett.
Sideshow Star Wars. any of it.
Sideshow LOTR. any of it.

luckily, i got rid of most of that crap.

ht blade and ht hellboy, blade was available and hellboy was long gone when i got in the game 6 months ago. i will get these, just waiting on a good deal.:pray:

oh we can do buying regrets too?

HT AVP Predators.
HT Aliens Marines.
HT Aliens Warrior
Medicom RAH Boba Fett.
Sideshow Star Wars. any of it.
Sideshow LOTR. any of it.

luckily, i got rid of most of that crap.

I don't know, I just wanted to ease my frustration, let off some steem, haha :lol

" Let off some steem, Bennet" - Commando

Passing: HT Robocop. Not a figure, but I regret passing on the Saturday Toys prison coveralls tan set because I can't find it now for a bash.

Selling: All my Keaton Batman Customs because I love that Returns Catwoman that's coming out but it will look out of place without a Burton Batman. :banghead

ht blade and ht hellboy, blade was available and hellboy was long gone when i got in the game 6 months ago. i will get these, just waiting on a good deal.:pray:

Don't want to make it worse, but Hellboy was still available 6 months ago and under $140.

My only regret passing (not a real BIG deal to me) was the Predator 2 BD version. $140 brand new.

My only regret selling was both my Robocop and Robocop III HT's figures. :(

Venom comiquette. Evilbay had one seller that had 10 of them for $225 each. I was going to do it but said next month. Well needless to say it now has sold for 400-600 in the past month. Now its not worth it to me

Forgot to mention the Powerloader... didn't buy it due to space. Displaying it would still be a problem, but its a problem I'd like to have :lol

I regret not picking up the Hot Toys Godfather. Especially since people were raving about it the whole time. I should have known better. I will rectify this when Hot toys starts to calm down with all the great releases.

OC Batman. Makes me even sadder that this guy was like $130 when he came out.

Iron Man Mk 1. Missed that cheap gohastings deal.

:exactly: Let's see if I can make this short, they sent me a Sideshow MK I mini bust when I bought mine. Btw, the MK I was $130 something shipped at the time! Sent it back and the lady said they had another showing in stock and they could send it to me but my track record with them at that point was 0 - 2 so I passed. Recently my record has increased to 3 - 2 so it hurts a little that I didn't give them another shot at correcting the error. Just can't bring myself to pay crazy Ebay prices now.

In the past my biggest regret in selling was the Nazi Kroenen figure, but thanks a trade recently with a board member I was able to reacquire him.

Currently, I'd say passing on the HT Blade and Wolverine has been weighing on my collector senses. I'm trying to correct that one though.

Man I wish you would quit bringing up that Wolverine! :lol Another gohastings deal but I found out the local stores were honoring the 20% off deal (that deal at the time that was like every figure on their site EXCEPT Wolverine of course) that their internet store was offering. Went down to get it a day later than I wanted and my local Hasting's had sold theirs! :gah: He would have been like $150 or something...again having a hard time pulling the trigger on him now.

So those, and I kind of regretted not getting the T-800 before Alter Ego sold out but I got one on Ebay for $165 shipped so I was happy.

I have to say that I've only been collecting for about a year now so a lot of figures I wanted when I started were all catch up pieces. That said, the thing I'm happy about most this week is I bought a brand new Hellboy II HT's figure for $205 shipped. :yess: One that closed a little while before mine went for $285 or something crazy like that.

Now I just have to track down that Wolverine, Aldo Raine (some are going for close to $100 on Ebay), and possibly a Leonidas. Other than that I think it will be mostly new pieces from there on out.

The only thing was my hero model blaster from Blade Runner, not a figure. And i got a hold of the new "C" model which is even nicer so it all worked out.

Man I wish you would quit bringing up that Wolverine! :lol Another gohastings deal but I found out the local stores were honoring the 20% off deal (that deal at the time that was like every figure on their site EXCEPT Wolverine of course) that their internet store was offering. Went down to get it a day later than I wanted and my local Hasting's had sold theirs! :gah: He would have been like $150 or something...again having a hard time pulling the trigger on him now.

The same thing happened to me... the local Hastings had him in stock, but I kept putting it off. Then, I found out about the 20% off in store sale a day after it ended. Finally I cracked and decided to buy it for retail a day later, and it was sold :cuss

By then it was also gone from GoHastings.com :monkey2

Don't regret selling off my 1/6 collection one bit, it was out of control like a rabid dog and needed to be put down.

If it counts, I do kinda regret selling my Wolvie/Sabes dio (twice), but it's all good - I took lots of nice pictures to remember him by :lol

Back