Figuremaster Les' Figural Fabrications

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:monkey5 Oh man Les!!!I can't get enough of that headsculpt!

Great photos there too MaulFan!

Les,I know you probably have been asked this before, but have you considered applying to some collectible companies a la Sideshow?

FMLHICKS18.jpg
My God... it's Full of Stars! :D

Wow Sean! Nice freakin shots man! I need to send some stuff to you already. :lol

Really showcases Les' work, brings out that level of detail you only see when it is in hand. :rock

unbelievable! Thoose are awesome photos. I really can't wait to have mine up on my shelf. Les you've really done a fantastic job with these.

:family :chew

Outstanding Maul!!!! Seriously, those pics are off the hook! I still need to take some good pics of my Marines... should be getting the lights this week from Hurricane.

For some strange reason, I LOVE the orange background.

:D

Hey, Les, you seem to have an eye for finding deatil, and parts. Or perhaps it's just luck. ( Your 9th doctor is proof of this to me) Either way, Can you help me try to find something? With the pending release of the new HT superman, I'm trying to find a Good Likeness of Tom Welling. The reason should be obvious :rock Any suggestions?

Thanks EVERYONE for all the very kind words about the Hicks heads.
And most of all, DAMN, Maulfan! Your photos would make a dead mule look like the Taj Mahal! Amazing! I am simply astonished at them. I have saved every one in my files. I am deeply, deeply flattered. And very grateful, because, FINALLY, everyone can actually see it! Better even than I can when I am painting it! :lol My camera work is not so hot....:D

And Lerath, I too want a head for Tom Welling. Who knows. I have yet to see one that looks like him out there though. I think we are talking sculpt commission, from someone. And, thanks, I think...about the luck bit. I hope some meager skill (at finding stuff) is there. I do try. :D
And yes, I think I have a eye for a head. That one I found for my 1927 silent Napoleon still surprises me. It was RIGHT THERE in front of me the whole time! Just this boring Dragon headsculpt. But, it was also, a perfect Albert Dieudonne. So, it does take an eye for facial structure to see that in them.

As for that 9th Doc, I had a nice buddy is all. I knew that walkie talkie head would work. I easily found or made the rest. He isn't too hard to make.:D

And as for Tom Welling, nothing yet....
Always looking though! :rock

And a quick shout out to ANYONE near those horrid fires in the L.A. area and San Diego,
Hang in there! I know all too well the smell and fear of local wildfires. As many here may remember, just this year, here in South Georgia we had the largest state fire ever, right here!
So, I am with you all in spirit! And that means you too Sideshow Toys offices! I know you are right there in the thick of it! To you and all who live in all that...
My thoughts and prayers are with you!

Les, I'm DYING to see your repaint of Aragorn and any other LOTR pieces you do. My Faramir is simply inimitable, and I'm pleased and grateful beyond expression to own the best Faramir out there--you really do understand the hearts of your customers and friends. I'm super curious to see what comes of Strider!

Les, I'm DYING to see your repaint of Aragorn and any other LOTR pieces you do. My Faramir is simply inimitable, and I'm pleased and grateful beyond expression to own the best Faramir out there--you really do understand the hearts of your customers and friends. I'm super curious to see what comes of Strider!

You and me both. Les is working my Aragorn and a few other pieces that I am dying to see (no pressure Les:D)

No problem Les, it was an honor to finally show off your work through my personal style.

You're so awesome, my absolute favorite part of the scult work you did for the spiked hair is the short strands falling on his forhead, takes it from that pretty, Hollywood makeup spike like T2 arnold and makes it more like a grunt with helmet hair, great call on your part working that touch in.

You and me both. Les is working my Aragorn and a few other pieces that I am dying to see (no pressure Les:D)

You're the one getting Aragorn? I am SO jealous! Well, at least I can enjoy Faramir. I've never owned a one-of-a-kind collectible before. Still, I really wanna see the finished project. I can't get over how real the hair is on Faramir; he painted every strand so that it looks like there are layers and layers in it--it's so beautiful! Your Aragorn is going to look superb.

FINALLY!

WORK TO POST!

The HALL OF HICKSES IS DONE! :chew

Enjoy!

HallOHickses4.jpg

Hickses2.jpg

Hickses3.jpg

Random examples...some clean, some dirty. All coated and curing!

Hickses5.jpg

Hickses4.jpg

Hickses1.jpg

Shipping will commence tomorrow, and notices will ensue. Couple of batches, with some delayed to go with other sets in progress for certain folks. Info will be emailed as I ship.

Thanks everyone for your patience with me. This was not an easy project. Maybe now you can understand why I have been so slow lately (other than family and babies and burns etc...)
Other heads and figures are up soon.

Now,...to sleep...to dream... :D
Just saw this!
YOU'RE A F'ING MACHINE!!!​

To anyone that received a Hicks head that was not dirty...
I tried my best to ask everyone preferences on their's, with the standard, or default head being clean. If you didn't email me, you got a clean one.

If I missed your preference email for a dirty one, I apologize. Some emails got past me, and didn't make it to my notepad that I worked from. I had to spend hours trying to make sure all my ducks were in a row, organizing and such, as you can imagine, just to paint these.

I will not be attempting any projects in this large a number again. Smaller, more controllable projects or in phases, next time, if at all. And no more with such variant possibilities. Only one kind (dirty, clean. whatever) at any given time.

So, please, my apologies if your preference was not accounted for.
Thanks for your patience with me in this.
I hope you like your Hicks heads.

Les

Got my head this moring Les and Im delighted with it, it looks amazing and so lifelike it defies belief. I feel honoured to have a FML headsculpt at last.

I'l get right onto finishing your headset bro! Thanks again :)

Les I got mine and it's a piece of work. amazing work. I can't believe it looks even better in person then in the pictures you really should give yourself a well deserved pat on the back and some R & R after this.
My wife was impressed with it too (although since she has never seen aliens and probably never will so she couldn't comment on how close it looked to the character). She was impressed with how much better it looked than the one that comes with the figure and the detail and quality of it.

I can't wait to see how LOTR repaints turn out. Farimir looks fantastic so I can only imagine the others will look great too.

To anyone that received a Hicks head that was not dirty...
I tried my best to ask everyone preferences on their's, with the standard, or default head being clean. If you didn't email me, you got a clean one.

If I missed your preference email for a dirty one, I apologize. Some emails got past me, and didn't make it to my notepad that I worked from. I had to spend hours trying to make sure all my ducks were in a row, organizing and such, as you can imagine, just to paint these.

I will not be attempting any projects in this large a number again. Smaller, more controllable projects or in phases, next time, if at all. And no more with such variant possibilities. Only one kind (dirty, clean. whatever) at any given time.

So, please, my apologies if your preference was not accounted for.
Thanks for your patience with me in this.
I hope you like your Hicks heads.

Les

We're all just very fortunate that you were willing to undertake such a mammoth project. Thank you! (And I love mine, got it yesterday.)

Actually you know what, I do have a complaint/beef about the Hicks head. I received and it looks great in fact he looks too good. Nobody told me what having a Les custom would do to the rest of my collection. He makes all the other USCMs look bad (I mean before I was thrilled with them but now they just lost their sparkle). I think they’re getting jealous and might revolt because they don’t look as good.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back