Figuremaster Les' Figural Fabrications

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Which Hot Toys body do you think is the best match in skin-tone for how you've painted Hicks up (and, for that matter, your reworked Hudson, which I also have)? I'm putting my Hicks and Hudson together piece by piece, and I'm wondering if there's any body that is a much better match than the new-ish New Gen Life Bronze body (the one with the Beckham head), since this seems to be the one with the most readily available neck attachments.

Also, since it's not an exact match, do you have a simple suggestion for paint to make it match the skin-tone of the rest of the neck? I'm not sure how visible this part will be once they're geared up, but I'm thinking it would be good to get it matched but don't really want to send the Marines' heads off for repainting anywhere once I have them....

Can't wait! It's astonishing work, Les!

You won't see the neckpost part, it sets too low under the collar.
But you will see the arms. Hard to explain what they need. What will help is if you fine sand them with Fine 150 grit sandpaper pads. That will take that shine off of them, and they will at least look more like skin. I sand them before painting them anyway, so the paint holds better. But if you don't paint them, they will look better.
Colorwise, hard to explain because the flesh colors vary and Biehn has prounounced forearm hair and also that U.S.C.M. serial number tattoo on his left arm. Lots of colors to match to.

WOW! Amazing work Les! Love those "hall-o-hicks" shots, man!

Can't wait until mine shows up!! Think I'm gonna get an extra HT bod, and do the sanded arms deal you're talking about in the above post. Then probably use the old hicks head/bod for a Kyle Reese custom jobber.

But you will see the arms. Hard to explain what they need. What will help is if you fine sand them with Fine 150 grit sandpaper pads. That will take that shine off of them, and they will at least look more like skin. I sand them before painting them anyway, so the paint holds better. But if you don't paint them, they will look better.
Colorwise, hard to explain because the flesh colors vary and Biehn has prounounced forearm hair and also that U.S.C.M. serial number tattoo on his left arm. Lots of colors to match to.
Yeah, I'm going to get Josh to do Hicks' arms while he's converting the Hudson armor. I may try my hand on doing Hudson myself, tho. :D

Good to know on the necks.

Oh man!I can't wait to get my Hicks!!!!

Hey Les, just to ask on the neckpiece needed...what is the cheapest place you can recommend on getting one?

Oh man!I can't wait to get my Hicks!!!!

Hey Les, just to ask on the neckpiece needed...what is the cheapest place you can recommend on getting one?

Only place I have ever seen them loose is on Ebay. I'll try to look some also.
Hard to come by. And I need a HT body and one also! :rotfl

I have found out that the neck connector, the part you attach to the heads, is called a HOT TOYS Truetype body Neck connector B. So, search that on Ebay. :D

Hope to have the second set of shipments of Hicks heads out today. And, I hope some of you start getting your heads soon.

Myself, I am looking VERY forward to the impending arrival of my HT Predator 2, which hits Wednesday! I hope to revamp him into a more presentable state! THAT is gonna be a good one! Now, if I can only get my eagerly awaited P2 Elder! :D

More to come!

HICKS IS HERE!!! Holy **** Les, pictures CANNOT prepare customers for the quality of your work in hand. This thing is 10x better than I'd have imagine from the photos. The Corporal will be entering the photo studio tonight.

:rock :rock :rock :rock :rock

Les, do you know if its posssible to remove the neckpost from the existing Hicks headsculpt? I have had a brief look and it seems to be firmly wedged in there now. I'l try to warm up the neck area and see if I can pry it out I guess.

Les, do you know if its posssible to remove the neckpost from the existing Hicks headsculpt? I have had a brief look and it seems to be firmly wedged in there now. I'l try to warm up the neck area and see if I can pry it out I guess.

Yes you can do that, I bought Hicks then got the Stoner head off ebay without the adapter, I just sat the factory Hicks head in hot water for a bit, it softened the material and I just popped it out. I think Les was recommending getting another adapter more so for people who have and might wish to use multiple Hicks heads, like the Stoner one if the slicked back hair look suits the mood, or Les' new spiked design if that's your fancy.

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THE PITU PACK IS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOLY CRAP LES!!!! ALL THIS STUFF!!!! YEAH!!! THANKS MAN!! Making Video right now!!! :rock

Yes you can do that, I bought Hicks then got the Stoner head off ebay without the adapter, I just sat the factory Hicks head in hot water for a bit, it softened the material and I just popped it out. I think Les was recommending getting another adapter more so for people who have and might wish to use multiple Hicks heads, like the Stoner one if the slicked back hair look suits the mood, or Les' new spiked design if that's your fancy.

Thanks MaulFan. I'l probably just swap out the neckpost I already have for now. Like you say though its great to have options when it comes to how you display the figures.

When you get a chance can you let me know how well the helmet sits on the spikey haired Hicks? Thanks.

Thanks MaulFan. I'l probably just swap out the neckpost I already have for now. Like you say though its great to have options when it comes to how you display the figures.

When you get a chance can you let me know how well the helmet sits on the spikey haired Hicks? Thanks.

I just got home, soon as I can transplant Les' head to my current neck post, I'll be doing pictures. I just put the helmet on though, and it actually goes on easier than the stoner head.

I just got my awesome Hicks care package from the master. Sucks that I have to wiat for a replacement body before I can put him together. Pictures DO NOT do this justice.

Well, I'm happy to finally see Les' work in person and have the ability to see his craftmanship for what it is, which is fantastic. I absolutely love what he's done with this, from the extra sculpting to the paint, he really worked hard at these and it paid off. With that, I'm also happy to finally have the privilege of photographing an FML piece.

FMLHICKS1.jpg

FMLHICKS2.jpg

FMLHICKS3.jpg

FMLHICKS4.jpg

FMLHICKS5.jpg

FMLHICKS6.jpg

FMLHICKS7.jpg

FMLHICKS8.jpg

FMLHICKS9.jpg

Excellent combination..................a fantastic looking custom sculpt and an excellent photography job.

Well done.................to the both of you guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back