Figuremaster Les' Figural Fabrications

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
HallOHickses4.jpg

:eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek :eek

If that photo was bigger I'd use it as my computer wallpaper. That is somehow the most beautiful and the most crazy thing I've seen in awhile.

:google :google :google

Damn, Les, that is freakin amazing. The consistency between them all is very impressive.

Geez-ow Les! That is absolutely insane... a lot of great looking figures are gonna be gracing shelves after this marathon :rock

Thanks guys.
I just want all of them to get to their respective owners now.
Tired, sleepy, ready to ship. That starts tomorrow.

Need to not work on Biehn for a time. :lol
"Only now, at the end, do you understand..." Like I said, that is why I can't take on more Hicks for a while. But I might later on. :D
I might can do a couple more one day. Five. Maybe. Three.

Later....

Got LOTS more to finish though. This is about a third or so of what I have left to do still, numberwise.
I've promised a bunch done by Halloween, and plan to stick to that. I hope to have ALL I have to do currently, done by November 16th. Then Thanksgiving. Not the meal, the rest. Then, back to it! :D

Plus, my Ma has cataract surgery on the 19th, so I need to be clear for a week or two.

After that....:naughty Floodgates! Bring on 2008!
(And the FX Show in Orlando in January!!!)

But anyway, thanks.

Wow Les! :eek You never, ever fail to completely impress me, and everyone else on this board...to say the least! I wish I had got in on a "spikey-haired" Hicks. Even though I'm very happy with my "Stoner head" Hicks, I woulda loved having one of your custom Hicks heads. Yeah, I agree, if I were you I'd give the Michael Biehn headsculpt painting a "rest" for sure! Keep up the outstanding work Les! You still are the BEST custom figure painter I've ever seen! :D

Last edited:
Yikers! You are truly an amazing painter! :google

All the Hall of Hickses need is a stone temple to house them and a place to drop off offerings!:D

That's INSANE!!!

How do you do it? Not only is the sheer number impressive -- I had no idea we had that many Hicks fans out there -- but it's even more impressive that you can work your magic on each sculpt with such exacting degree and patience to make a sculpt come so alive...and do it 30 times over.

:bow

I LOVE this one. :D

:googleHOT DAMN, LES!!!:google

Amazing work Les.... That is simply fantastic. I can't imagine tackling something like that, but dude you freakin nailed it. :rock

Sweet bay jezu and the mohawks, theres more head there than a Texas Brothel !

I bet you never want to see another Hicks for the rst of your life Les

Great work though

HallOHickses4.jpg

:eek:eek:eek

Unbelievable! You really did a fantastic job, not only of making them but also the pictures look great to. It's been said before but this would make a great wallpaper.

GOOD GOD LES!!!

:eek:eek:eek

That would take me forever to paint that many heads... even just to get the skin tones done. And they all look amazing.... nothing rushed... and your realism is STILL betting better and better

I hate you

no wait... i mean I admire you, lol :lol

outstanding work Les!!!! The fact that you were able to get each and every head to look the same is a feat on its own... never mind the fact that they look... PERFECT!!!

OK guys! Headed off with the first 13 to ship. I ran out of time, packaging and energy to pack more! :lol I have spent all morning on it, so here goes lot one!
To the rest of you, bear with me. I tried to pack in the order they were requested, so there is no favorites or any such thing. And, like I said earlier, some are waiting for a few more heads to go with them from other work.
I should get the others out by either tomorrow or Monday morning.

So, hang tight! Emails with shipping info to come!
And thanks for waiting!

Note: To all who have a head coming, they do not lock onto the old Hot Toys neck posts. (no, you can't switch out that particular neckpost after this, you'll have to have a spare neck part for another head) They do fit, reasonably well, but will need to be superglue gelled on. Why gel? Because it will fit the seam better without leaking out all over the posts. And, glue it onto the posts while they are not attached to the bodies! I assume you all know that, but I feel better having said it. :D
I do this all the time, and it works great. If any of you have any problems or questions upon receiving your's, just PM or email me. Always here to help.
Thanks guys!

To the post!!!!!:chew

WOW . . . incredible work Les, astounding!!! These headsculpts look so lifelike and there wont ever be a better Hicks/Biehn likeness in this scale; you really nailed it Les.

The shear number of heads you had to paint is staggering, thats alot of work!! The fact that you paid so much care and attention to each and very one of them also speaks volumes about your professionalism and dedication, let alone your ability as a master painter.

Looking forward to recieve mine Les, then I can finish your headset and get it shipped out to you asap.

Note: To all who have a head coming, they do not lock onto the old Hot Toys neck posts. (no, you can't switch out that particular neckpost after this, you'll have to have a spare neck part for another head) They do fit, reasonably well, but will need to be superglue gelled on. Why gel? Because it will fit the seam better without leaking out all over the posts. And, glue it onto the posts while they are not attached to the bodies! I assume you all know that, but I feel better having said it. :D
I do this all the time, and it works great. If any of you have any problems or questions upon receiving your's, just PM or email me. Always here to help.
Thanks guys!
Which Hot Toys body do you think is the best match in skin-tone for how you've painted Hicks up (and, for that matter, your reworked Hudson, which I also have)? I'm putting my Hicks and Hudson together piece by piece, and I'm wondering if there's any body that is a much better match than the new-ish New Gen Life Bronze body (the one with the Beckham head), since this seems to be the one with the most readily available neck attachments.

Also, since it's not an exact match, do you have a simple suggestion for paint to make it match the skin-tone of the rest of the neck? I'm not sure how visible this part will be once they're geared up, but I'm thinking it would be good to get it matched but don't really want to send the Marines' heads off for repainting anywhere once I have them....

Can't wait! It's astonishing work, Les!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back