Figure of the Year 2016

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Deadpool, War Machine MK1 DC, 1/4 IM MK43 are three of my favorites. I have to choose Deadpool because of the cool accessories.

1. Neca 1/4 TMNT Movie Donatello

2. Hot Toys BVS Batman

3. SH Figuarts TMNT

4. Mega Man from Sentinel

5. Neca ASH vs The Evil Dead figure

6. Figma Legend of Zelda Link - A Link Between Worlds

7. Mattel Filmation Skeletor

8. Neca God of War Kratos

9. S.H. Figuarts Super Saiyan Vegeta 2.0

10. Neca alien vs predator series 7 Xenomorph

Honorable mentions

DCC - Capullo Joker, Superman and Green Lantern
Filmation - He Man
Mattel - Mum Ra
DCC - The Ne Batman Adventure Joker
Neca - Vasquez

Asmus Mouth of Sauron. Swappable mouths, super fun to customize around and just a killer quantity of pure, damnable evil.

mouth21.jpg

mouth24.jpg

Shockingly to me my number one for the first time is not coming from Hot Toys! I give very strong Honorable Mentions to Hot Toys BVS Batman, Knightmare Batman, and Superman, and Hot Toys Ant-Man...but without seeing this coming, by a clear margin my figure of the year honors go to...VTS Wasteland Ranger...this was an unexpected Masterpiece!

Dayum if Affleck BVS Batman is peoples top choice of figure of the year that's not saying much about the figures released this year is it?. I don't really think its been a great year figure wise to be honest..not like previous years anyway when we had the likes of Hot Toys Battle Damaged Robo & Murphy, Captain Jack Sparrow or Enterbays Battle Damaged T800.

Last edited:
NECA Alien 3 Ripley and Aliens Vasquez. Pure instant nostalgia, just what a figure should be. Not a base for endless tweaks and corrections. Now if HT announce 1982 Blade Runner this year, all are bought and all will be on my list for this year.

Dayum if Affleck BVS Batman is peoples top choice of figure of the year that's not saying much about the figures released this year is it?. I don't really think its been a great year figure wise to be honest..not like previous years anyway when we had the likes of Hot Toys Battle Damaged Robo & Murphy, Captain Jack Sparrow or Enterbays Battle Damaged T800.

What makes you say that? The BVS Batman is not just a great 2016 figure, it's one of Hot Toys best ever. Stunning likeness to Affleck, tons of accessories and for once a Hot Toys Batman with great articulation. Even the weak cape can't take away from how awesome this figure is. Easily figure of the year for me.

Batfleck is great and I can't argue with anyone who picks it as figure of the year, it is a superb figure, but for pure fun I have to go with deadpool.

Well, there were many beautiful and awesome high end figures this year, so it would be easy to choose one of those, but I gotta say that the figure that made me full of joy this year had nothing high end, quite the contrary. It was the return of a classic:

The Original Stretch Armstrong!

My son got one for Christmas and it was the one toy everyone played with all day, with the exception of classic NES.

Im going to say HT Obi Wan because it is my favourite of the three HT figures I purchased in 2016...
Honourable mentions Sandtrooper and Batman Returns the other two

Batfleck is great and I can't argue with anyone who picks it as figure of the year, it is a superb figure, but for pure fun I have to go with deadpool.

Agreed, Deadpool for me as well, I only got 2 new Hot Toys figures this year, Alien Warrior and Deadpool so the choice is clear.

31068615503_b66dca870e_b.jpg

That Batman is definitely my number 2...I forgot to include Civil War Cap in my honorable mentions too...that figure is definitely worthy of some additional recognition!

Same as EVILFACE, other than a little padding in the suit, box to shelf awesomeness. This would be my pic from the limited figures I bought this year.

IMG_8901.JPG

Back