Figma and Revoltech Collecting Thread!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got my Revo Deadpool in the post (I haven't opened him yet) and found that the box had been carefully sliced open and resealed with tape. I expect that this was customs but there was no customs seal on it. Additionally, the wife was asked to sign for it, which usually doesn't happen. I'm paranoid now - should I be?

Got mine in last night also, my box didn't even have tape. So I opened him just to make sure. There are a ton of plastic between the joints so I am assuming that it was not tampered with...but I am skeptical. My biggest concern is one of the calfs looks slightly warped - not sure but not as straight as the other calf.

Update:
Was able to snap some pics last night - fun to pose! The ball joints kinda bother me, but I try to photograph it at angles that will hide most of them (shoulders) looking forward to posing him more!

Screen_Shot_2016_10_28_at_9_41_43_AM.png

Screen_Shot_2016_10_28_at_9_42_07_AM.png

You guys must not be familiar with Revoltech. It's common that they DO NOT tape up their outside boxes...don't know why, but that's how Kaiyodo rolls. Might be a collector-friendly thing.

Also, the whole figure rotates around their "Revoltech" joints, so most of their figures' molds are slightly exaggerated to go with it...it's their "style"

Just got the Outlaw Star limited edition bluesy. It's been a long time coming, and along with cowboy bebop cemented my love of anime!

What are the chances we get some new collectibles? They usually release more with bluesy rerelease right??

Holy crap that Venom is out-of-control awesome! Looks like a blend of Ultimate Venom and the 616 version. I also love that they used the metallic blue/purple paint that they used years ago on their small Ultimate Spidey figurines. It gives him an oily, alien look.

I think I'm going to be collecting this line now.

Hope they do Symbiote Spidey!

Holy crap that Venom is out-of-control awesome! Looks like a blend of Ultimate Venom and the 616 version. I also love that they used the metallic blue/purple paint that they used years ago on their small Ultimate Spidey figurines. It gives him an oily, alien look.

I think I'm going to be collecting this line now.

Hope they do Symbiote Spidey!

Yeah, gonna have to pick up that Venom. Symbiote Spidey would rule!

I just discovered the Kabaneri anime last night, I didn't know there was a figma toy of that series already :) Thanks for reminding me the name, now I can find that show again because I totally forgot the title lol!

MHToyshop has Spidey for $64.99

Outside of Japanese Import sites, that's the cheapest I've seen State-side.

UPDATE: Sorry! Looks like he sold out!

This Amecomi line I think will put Kaiyodo/Revoltech back on the map with Western fans with something unique. I feel like they've been focusing a lot on anime/manga figures with the occasional "popular Western character" here and there. And usually when they do a Western character, they face competition from the other companies. I think they've finally come around to notice the great success that companies like Bandai-Tamashii, Medicom (MAFEX), Good Smile Co. (FIGMA/Nendoroid) have had and decided to pursue something special with this Amecomi line.

Last edited:
It's definitely a great blend of the 616 Venom (Erik Larsen originated the tongue-y, drooling Venom) and the Ultimate Venom (which had the Symbiote "tendrils" around its back, shoulders and arms)

I hope they do black suit Symbiote Spider-man as well!

Marvel-Revoltech-Venom-002.jpg
Marvel-Revoltech-Venom-Action-Figure-001.jpg
Marvel-Revoltech-Venom-Action-Figure-FEAT-640x472.jpg

venom-larsen.jpg

Last edited:
My Figma Dark Magician Girl is ready to be picked up. Got stung by customs £15, most of which will go to the post office as handling fee - bastids.

Can't wait to get her though :)

And here she is! She turned out even better than I hoped! Kaiber and BEWD next please!!
5b102f90f91dbcf8fc42ab07000619e2.jpg
b15332789a89e54876c0353cc16ccc96.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back