Fertility Idol prop replica--PREORDER NOW ON PAGE ONE!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Fertility Idol prop replica!

It's a shame they had to go with the angry mouth sculpt..... but this thing is still awesome. I can't wait

I'd love to see them do a Staff of Ra Medallion and a Cross of Coronado as well... then again, I could go on for about two paragraphs about all of the Indy stuff I would like to see produced :)

If it's indeed $190 I'm all over this. I had to sell my MKII back in the day so I've been without. Can't afford the Goblar so this would fit the bill quite nicely.

$190? It's got to be hollow then if it's that inexpensive. I'm curious to learn more.

Is it really $190? Wow, that's very reasonable. Unless the thing is actually covered in gold foil and is made out of chocolate, I'll want to pick one up!

$190 was also posted on ThrowMeTheIdol.com. Apparently someone asked the Sideshow people at SDCC how much it would retail for.

I do applaud Sideshow for keeping the price down on this simple piece. The base alone is worth a good portion of it.

WOW! $190 is WAY lower than I was expecting, but that's a happy surprise. Definitely in for this piece!

Oh, and for that price, it definitely MUST be hollow...

Do wish it was the 'screen accurate' sculpt and not the usual 'stunt prop' sculpt as seen in the 'Star Wars and Indiana Jones Archives' book... :angelsmil

That would suck if it was hollow... I know its not a big deal, but the heft and feel of the idol is kind of an important thing in my mind.

That would suck if it was hollow... I know its not a big deal, but the heft and feel of the idol is kind of an important thing in my mind.

Especially because we need to know how much sand to put in the bag.

No doubt... hollow idol would not require much sand, unless of course if its full of sand :huh

Prop House of London is showing a replica of the idol at SDCC as well. They got the shape of the mouth and the eyes right and even have a great screen reference behind it.

Sideshow, PLEASE adjust your replica to look closer to the eyes and mouth on this:

DSCF6458.JPG

https://sdcc09.figures.com/showphoto.php?photo=1363

P.S., I just posted a poll to see who's with me... :rock

Last edited:

Prop House of London is showing a replica of the idol at SDCC as well. They got the shape of the mouth and the eyes right and even have a great screen reference behind it.

Sideshow, PLEASE adjust your replica to look closer to the eyes and mouth on this:

DSCF6458.JPG

https://sdcc09.figures.com/showphoto.php?photo=1363

P.S., I just posted a poll to see who's with me... :rock

That replica looks great, but it also appears to be sporting a widow's peak. Is that screen accurate?

That replica looks great, but it also appears to be sporting a widow's peak. Is that screen accurate?

No, the widows peak is most definitely NOT screen accurate. This one isn't perfect either, but the mouth shape is closer...

thats not a widows peak.. thats a massive crack in the idol where its been damaged

i did ya poll. I'd rather have it accurate too. It doesn't kill me if they dont... but I'd much rather they did. Would stop me looking around at other garage kit versions.

thats not a widows peak.. thats a massive crack in the idol where its been damaged

i did ya poll. I'd rather have it accurate too. It doesn't kill me if they dont... but I'd much rather they did. Would stop me looking around at other garage kit versions.

Me too! :rock

LOL. It's an actual prop, Sherlock.

Hey, the original post called it a replica. I'm not there at the Con, so how am I supposed to know otherwise? From the angle of the photo, it looks like a widow's peak!

Now go take a shower before you visit any of the panels at the Con today.

Back