Fertility Idol prop replica--PREORDER NOW ON PAGE ONE!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone know anything about this idol:

https://www.figures.com/2018/03/30/review-chachapoyan-fertility-idol-11-gold-plated-replica/

DSCN5426.jpg

I think it looks pretty good and very reasonably priced! I saw it boxed at NYCC last week and I looked it up online and didn't find that much on it other than a couple of positive video reviews.

Apparently it's slightly undersized (7" vs 7.75-ish), but I think it looks good anyway. I think I'm going to order it.

That looks pretty good for the price. If you order one could you let me know what it is like when you receive it?

Thanks for posting the link.

Anyone know anything about this idol:

https://www.figures.com/2018/03/30/review-chachapoyan-fertility-idol-11-gold-plated-replica/

DSCN5426.jpg

I think it looks pretty good and very reasonably priced! I saw it boxed at NYCC last week and I looked it up online and didn't find that much on it other than a couple of positive video reviews.

Apparently it's slightly undersized (7" vs 7.75-ish), but I think it looks good anyway. I think I'm going to order it.

Hey Lu, i've seen quite a few of these sell on ebay, maybe 100+.
I believe they have a weak lineage to an original prop from the production or film. They look pretty cool really, slight inaccuracies aside, i was thinking about getting one also..
I also believe the plating can be a little bit hit and miss on them, but probably nothing to worry about , just some fussy collectors feedback!

Hey Lu, i've seen quite a few of these sell on ebay, maybe 100+.
I believe they have a weak lineage to an original prop from the production or film. They look pretty cool really, slight inaccuracies aside, i was thinking about getting one also..
I also believe the plating can be a little bit hit and miss on them, but probably nothing to worry about , just some fussy collectors feedback!

Thanks! For the price I'm willing to take a chance and overlook the size and inaccuracies.

Thanks! For the price I'm willing to take a chance and overlook the size and inaccuracies.

MYCART10 will get you 10% off and apparently PEEK10 too but the last one didn't work for me.

I was tempted but the shipping to the UK was too much for me.

MYCART10 will get you 10% off and apparently PEEK10 too but the last one didn't work for me.

I was tempted but the shipping to the UK was too much for me.

Awesome! Thanks!

Did you try Amazon? Maybe the shipping is better through them? I was going to get it through Amazon since I have points that I can use there and it's free US shipping, but it says it's not shipping til October 20 so I figured I had some time to mull it over.

Edit: Actually my wife offered to get this for me for Christmas, so I may end up waiting a while til I see it!

Last edited:
Did you try Amazon? Maybe the shipping is better through them? I was going to get it through Amazon since I have points that I can use there and it's free US shipping, but it says it's not shipping til October 20 so I figured I had some time to mull it over.

Good call and it's in stock on Amazon - thanks!

Don’t worry about the size difference either; it’s not like we have anything to compare it to in person! I have the Sideshow and it may not be the most accurate, but the plating is incredible and the weight is considerable. This piece looks comparable.

Yeah, I don't think the size will bother me. I'm a small guy so it will probably be proportional to me! :lol

I would have liked the Sideshow piece but it was just too expensive for me at the time.

Some time ago, I picked up an idol from Etsy. I think it shipped from Spain but I'm not certain. Also got the base separately. Was really sharp looking. I have it in storage but will try to get a pic of it.

Some time ago, I picked up an idol from Etsy. I think it shipped from Spain but I'm not certain. Also got the base separately. Was really sharp looking. I have it in storage but will try to get a pic of it.

That would be great if you did! I'd be curious to see how all these bootleg versions all stack up against each other and the real thing.

Yeah I agree with Mad Old Lu. It would be great to see all the different idols. I always meant to pick one up but of all the different versions out there, with quite a few being on Etsy, I was never sure which one to get. In terms of size I am quite big (Just under 6 ft 2) but as long as the the idol is not diddy sized I would be ok. I'm quite a clumsy bugger so I would like one that was quite hefty and not too lightweight in case I drop it. Also lastly, I would not like to pay too much for it!

That would be great if you did! I'd be curious to see how all these bootleg versions all stack up against each other and the real thing.

For mass produced, and not fan made, this is the best looking idol i've seen in ages. Hope you might post a pic or two if you end up getting this. I won't be able to buy for the moment unfortunately

I have one on order and it's supposed to arrive tomorrow. I'll aim to post some pics over the weekend if I can....

Ok, here we go then.
You know what, it’s quite good. Certainly a nice artifact and for the price a nice version. Although it’s apparently undersized, it doesn’t look or feel small. I haven’t held or seen any other version so can’t compare. It has a decent weight to it and the finish is very nice. Having said that if you’re a perfectionist you might have issues. This one I received has a few blemishes and pitting in places,but not enough to bother me. If you missed the sideshow version, as I did, it’s a good quality affordable version.
F47266E3-979A-4E14-B149-51612A66785A.jpegDCADD713-CF64-4075-919F-3C66F38B9EBB.jpeg

Hey Cavlcade thanks for posting some pics.

It looks great. I think I will try and get one when I have some spare money!

Back