Fertility Idol prop replica--PREORDER NOW ON PAGE ONE!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Might have to preorder one of these. I regret not getting one already.

I have been looking at some and those customs run up to $600 or more. That just seems way out of my league and was wondering about this one and it's accuracy.

The mouth is shaped incorrectly (it's turned down in a grimace). Some say it's based on a rebuilt Lucasfilm prop from the archives. Also, there is some detail missing around the eyes. Truthfully, these things aren't that noticeable to the casual fan. I've had more expensive, more screen-accurate idols and had to let them go due to financial issues. I consider myself a MAJOR Raiders fan and collector and I personally love this prop. The plating alone is worth the price you pay. It's heavy and expensive looking. The base is also a thing of beauty. I don't think you'll be disappointed if you purchase this. Trust me, it's impressive as h--l when you see it in person!

Thanks ! I am glad to hear that. It's on my list now ! I wonder if SSC charges now or when it is ready to ship?

They charge when it ships.

Another selling point is it is hard to find a collectible that is instantly recognizable, unique and displays so well for under $200

The mouth is shaped incorrectly (it's turned down in a grimace). Some say it's based on a rebuilt Lucasfilm prop from the archives. Also, there is some detail missing around the eyes. Truthfully, these things aren't that noticeable to the casual fan. I've had more expensive, more screen-accurate idols and had to let them go due to financial issues. I consider myself a MAJOR Raiders fan and collector and I personally love this prop. The plating alone is worth the price you pay. It's heavy and expensive looking. The base is also a thing of beauty. I don't think you'll be disappointed if you purchase this. Trust me, it's impressive as h--l when you see it in person!

They charge when it ships.

Another selling point is it is hard to find a collectible that is instantly recognizable, unique and displays so well for under $200

Both of these points really sum it up. It is a really, really cool piece! :wink1:

Bummed out....this went from being on backorder and now says soldout with a waitlist..I really wanted this piece...If anyone will sell theres to me, shoot me a PM

Had this on order for awhile. Just got the notice it will be shipping in the next week. Surprised its sold out if the back orders are shipping soon, maybe a few will come up in a newsletter for those who missed.

I dont think so. But those shipping now must be the last batch. It was on backorder for some time and now sold out. I'm not sure what happens to any cancelations or CC declines at this point. I'd keep on eye on the newsletter.

Seriously considering selling a large portion of my collection... but definitely keeping this piece... some of the other stuff has just gotta go though... map room was cool.. but god that thing is huge... who has room for that kind of thing ?!?!

I'm not a big prop replica fan, but this and the Ark are definite keepers in my Indy collection.

Last night and this morning it said "Checking Inventory". There must have maybe only been one or two that got snatched up right away. Either that or it was an inventory glitch.

Funny this thread woke up again as I was looking at one, not Sideshow, on ebay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Indiana-Jones-Aztec-Idol-Of-Fertility-Replica-Shiny-Version-Very-Detailed-/380449805263?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item58949353cf

I think it looks decent. Thoughts? Anyone have any experience with this vendor "reel art"?

Back