Fellowship Pippin Petition - Revived!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd be curious where and from whom you heard about a fellowship Pippin being sculpted.

On the Gollum DVD that came with the Two Towers EE. The scene where they pan the wall shelving with various mould boxes, there is one that says Pippin Figure.

Re: >

On the Gollum DVD that came with the Two Towers EE. The scene where they pan the wall shelving with various mould boxes, there is one that says Pippin Figure.

I actually have never watched my Gollum DVD (though i keep meaning to...) but simply going of what was said above, couldn't that "figure" simply be the Gondorian Pippin we now own?

Not trying to piss on a parade, i signed the petition also, though i am 100% sure it won't do anything. Also, as great as it would be to have a fellowship pippin... i would MUCH rather have the missing characters first, as I am very pleased with the Pippin i own.

Re: .

Well, Sideshow has been pretty consistent about only using the word 'figure' to refer to full-body statues, but I suppose that is possible.

However, L4P is 100% right that the "Pippin Figure" label on a box does not imply anything at all. By the time the Gollum DVD was produced, all of the principal filming for all three films had long since been completed, so there would have already been ample time to sculpt a Gondorian Pippin.

And for the record, I won't be signing the petition. Not because I don't support anyone else's right to do so, but simply because I already know there is absolutely no chance that it will be made, and I have no desire to get my own hopes up, even to the slightest degree.

I just realized I signed it twice. I must have signed it when you first put it up! Oh well, maybe no one will notice... :smokin

There was a HUGE quote not too long ago from chat where Brant (I think it was) said that they DID sculpt a Fellowship Pippin but that the design team did not like the look of it so decided to go Gondorian as the armour looked better and as they said, it's from an important moment from that characters particular story.

It's over, people.

It's only over when you give up, so far 87 people have not given up, 13 more to go for the 100 signatures mark. Keep it going!
:whip

The thing that puzzles me is if a prototype was made, presumably both versions were being considered. If so, why did they go for the version that seemed the least popular? Surely, as some people maintain, if Sideshow read the forums to gain an insight into the ideas of the collectors, why did they not make the Fellowship version?

Added to that, if they opted not to do it, a petition of 100, a 1000 or even more will not have any impact.

Good luck though. I'll add my name to it but it would be nice for some official responses as to whether a prototype was produced and, if so, why it was not the one chosen to be mass-produced instead of the anaemic one with the blue lips?

As I've said, it was made but the team didn't like it for some reason so decided to go the Gondor route. And that is official as Brant said it in SDCC chat.

As I've said, it was made but the team didn't like it for some reason so decided to go the Gondor route. And that is official as Brant said it in SDCC chat.

Wow. That means it must have been really crap if it was even worse than the one they produced in the end.

Wow. That means it must have been really crap if it was even worse than the one they produced in the end.

Agreed. Read my post about my Pippin(s) in the other Fellowship complete thread.

RT and others at Weta wanted to go with a Gondorian one since Pippin made his big impact on the LOTR Trilogy in ROTK.

Other than the mouth I don't see the complaints about this piece. The detail is great as usual, the likeness is pretty solid, the look on the face could toss someone off but it comes straight from something that was filmed. I would hardly say it's a piece of crap though.

Yes, but if you have all the other Fellowship members, they all complement and fit in with each other. Pippin Guard of the Citadel stands out as way out of place. We need Fellowship pip! :banana

Back