Fear The Walking Dead

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not one cast member was eaten....such a shame. One gets bitten and they didn't even show it...ugh. they ended the season like the Dawn of the Dead remake but this cast will likely fall off that cliff or drown trying to swim for the yacht.

This spinoff is about as bad to me as the True Detective S2 was. Completely let down.

too many over reactions to the first season imo. I didn't even care for TWD til somewhere around mid S2 or maybe even S3.

I thought the first episode was a little slow, but I felt like it continually got better, every week. One thing from the regular series that I really missed here, were the awesome zombie effects. But since this show takes place at the very beginning of the outbreak, when the dead are still fairly "freshly" killed, there's a pretty good in-story reason for that. I'm sure that also made this season less expensive to produce, so in that sense, I guess it was a smart move. Overall, I was pretty satisfied with season 1. While I don't know that it will have the staying power of the regular "Walking Dead" series, I did find myself wondering what's going to happen next with this group.

I thought the season finale was a step up for the show. Same with the episode previous. They're finding their feet, I think. (Though, with the prep time and pedigree the show had, I'm a little disappointed they didn't find those feet right out of the gates. The pilot for TWD is still one of my favorite episodes of anything.) Still, they're getting better. So I'm encouraged for next season.

That said, there's one convention that both shows have used that I find pretty hilarious. When they want to show that a city is dying or dead, they show you all the roads out of town being crammed bumper to bumper with abandoned cars ... while the roads into that city are completely empty. It makes for a creepy visual, but there is no way in hell people desperate to leave wouldn't just go the wrong way on the other side of those highways. Hell, I live in Jersey and people drive like it's the end of the world just because it's Tuesday. :lol

So the wanna be doctor(Liza) get's bitten and we don't see it.
She shows Madison the bite mark by lifting up her medical scrubs.
There are no holes in her clothes.
So did the walker lift her shirt,bite her and put the shirt back down?
I'm glad this turd fest is over.
I'm cheering for the walkers next season!

So, "our heroes" unleashed a zombie horde on the base resulting in the deaths of innocent and not so innocent alike, including one of their own. Seems to me they really screwed things up and made a bad situation much, much worse. Find it very hard to root for any of them.

Yep all the wounded who were going to be evacuated got shot in the head because of the actions of the "heroes." And didn't they leave some of the kennels locked, only freeing innocent people if they told them where their son was? Didn't take them long to go full Governor.

Having the altruistic leader set the prisoner free only to have him come back and shoot at them was just way too "Saving Private Ryan" for me, but still I'd say the show is decent enough entertainment.

Only good thing about the season was this gif I can use to show what happens to me when the wife sees all the statues I've ordered :p

tumblr_nv27y83L1X1rlh72zo5_r4_250.gif

This could explain the torso bite with the scribe intact. She was running and got sniper bit. Then when standing still the scribe top falls back down.

tumblr_nv578uWvCN1unz0ero5_250.gif

I missed this part where the old man is rubbing one out.

tumblr_nvm3anfSA11rpqz1go4_250.gif

If you really want tension...whip out Monopoly

tumblr_nunhib2LP31u8jps8o1_250.gif

Last edited:
I am a fan of The Walking Dead. I own seasons 1-4 on Blu ray (Special Edition on Season 1) and recently went back and rewatched (including the commentaries). The only thing I new about FTWD was when the first episode would air. Never checking forums or doing research after each episode or during. I took them in as bare bone episode per episode.

My biggest question is if The Walking Dead never existed and FTWD was the first AMC zombie show, what would be peoples reaction? To be honest I felt like sleeping watching these episodes, they were so boring!

I think TWD being so good is hurting FTWD. I feel as if this was the first show it would be more well received and some would have more feelings for characters. I mean after seeing Carl shoot his own mother in prison vs a guy shooting his ex-wife.... eh... guy shooting his ex-wife is not as sad and shocking because we already saw something so much worse. I still like the show and will continue to watch though.

I thought the season finale was the best of the six episodes. It was tense, action packed and moved the story along. It just further emphasizes how locking the cast away in quarantine for the past two episodes was such a big mistake.

I hope they don't make it to Abigail, because I don't want them spending episodes on them out at sea until they run out of supplies. Although I have heard that at some point, FTWD will catch up to TWD timeline, so that means a time jump will happen at some point and maybe the boat could serve as the plot device for a time jump. Make it to the boat at the end of one episode and next episode starts off (6 months later).

This episode served as great character development for Curtis. I think he was going to beat Andy to death for betraying his trust and trying to kill Daniel and shooting Ophelia. Then having to put his ex-wife down at then end "killed" him and now he is a different person.

Yeah some of the CG was cheesy, but I can look past that. Overall the story was nicely paced and has set things up for next season.

Agreed, actually looking forward to season two of this more than season six of twd. TWD just seems to be going around in circles now

Having the altruistic leader set the prisoner free only to have him come back and shoot at them was just way too "Saving Private Ryan" for me, but still I'd say the show is decent enough entertainment.

I thought it was a bit forced. I have my doubts that the soldier would be that psychologically and emotionally hurt that he would bother to go to the compound as it was being overrun by walkers so as to exact revenge on yer man....and then he shot the daughter - wtf? Did I miss something? Just seemed like a forced way to teach the characters in this show the harsh lesson that it took Rick multiple seasons to learn - that showing mercy in this new world can come back and bite you on the ass. Which might be fine except I don't think it was very plausible in this particular case. I would think it more likely they'd never see that soldier guy again.

Other than that, good episode I thought. Hope they resist their innate urge to kill the black dude this time because they have a potentially very interesting character there. :monkey3

He shot Ophelia because he blamed her for luring him to her father (even though she was unaware he'd be tortured -- but not sure if the soldier knew that or not). Also, he'd probably figure that the best way to hurt the father would be to kill the daughter. Agreed them all meeting simultaneously like that felt very forced. That's the thing with both this and WD, though. I can enjoy it if I don't think on things too much and give passes to a bunch of other implausible things. If I really start analyzing than stuff starts to grate on me a bit.

I thought it was a bit forced. I have my doubts that the soldier would be that psychologically and emotionally hurt that he would bother to go to the compound as it was being overrun by walkers so as to exact revenge on yer man....and then he shot the daughter - wtf? Did I miss something? Just seemed like a forced way to teach the characters in this show the harsh lesson that it took Rick multiple seasons to learn - that showing mercy in this new world can come back and bite you on the ass. Which might be fine except I don't think it was very plausible in this particular case. I would think it more likely they'd never see that soldier guy again.

Agreed. It come off forced IMO. But who knows where his mentality state was after that whole ordeal in the chair...Could be he was angry for the old guy releasing all those walkers just to (try) save his wife? Also, how did the walkers make it up stairs, but none in the car basement when the base was flooded with them.

Not one cast member was eaten....such a shame. One gets bitten and they didn't even show it...ugh. they ended the season like the Dawn of the Dead remake but this cast will likely fall off that cliff or drown trying to swim for the yacht.

This spinoff is about as bad to me as the True Detective S2 was. Completely let down.

That talking dead segment about S2 being about just trying to get to a boat...I hope not. That could be done in 2-3 eps.

Last edited:

Other than that, good episode I thought. Hope they resist their innate urge to kill the black dude this time because they have a potentially very interesting character there. :monkey3

**** Strand, if AD-C wears the right kind of clothing for an oceangoing voyage...

tumblr_nkq9w3XnAi1tjqijpo1_540.jpg

...you'll have plenty of reason to tune in every week. :lol

Good episode, if only a few more this past season had been as riveting. I really hope Travis has a secret past where he made poor decisions and used his fists a lot. It was very rewarding to see him finally snap.

Back