Favourite Quentin Tarantino film?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Favourite Tarantino flick?

• Reservoir Dogs

Votes: 20 11.8%
  • Pulp Fiction

Votes: 52 30.6%
  • Jackie Brown

Votes: 10 5.9%
  • Kill Bill: Vol. 1

Votes: 17 10.0%
  • Kill Bill: Vol. 2

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Death Proof

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Inglourious Basterds

Votes: 36 21.2%
  • Django Unchained

Votes: 28 16.5%

• Total voters
My favorite is Jackie Brown. It's the only semi realistic movie Tarantino has made. It had the best cast out of any movie he made as well i think. I like the slow pace of the movie, with great dialogue. Pulp Fiction would be Second.

Django Unchained was one of his weakest movies l think. Didn't really care for it, kind of boring over all. Just the dinnner scene where they got busted about their sceme was great to watch, especially Decaprio Actually cutting his hand and wiping real blood on the black chicks face was awesome. Plus Jamie Fox ruined that movie for me, hate that guy.

My favorite is Jackie Brown. It's the only semi realistic movie Tarantino has made. It had the best cast out of any movie he made as well i think. I like the slow pace of the movie, with great dialogue.

Django Unchained was one of his weakest movies l think.

Agreed. The pacing of Jackie Brown doesn't appeal to the instant-gratification set. And compared with the rest of his films Django really was lacking.

My favorite is Jackie Brown. I like the slow pace of the movie, with great dialogue. Pulp Fiction would be Second.

Django Unchained was one of his weakest movies l think. D

Agreed. But, I still like Django. I just found it disappointing.

My favorite is Jackie Brown. It's the only semi realistic movie Tarantino has made. It had the best cast out of any movie he made as well i think. I like the slow pace of the movie, with great dialogue. Pulp Fiction would be Second.

Django Unchained was one of his weakest movies l think. Didn't really care for it, kind of boring over all. Just the dinnner scene where they got busted about their sceme was great to watch, especially Decaprio Actually cutting his hand and wiping real blood on the black chicks face was awesome. Plus Jamie Fox ruined that movie for me, hate that guy.

I enjoyed django slightly more than JB. I Really liked the Dr. King Schultz character. Thought it was one of his better written, more complex and empathatic characters. I can see why the actor won an Oscar for the role. Hans Landa is up there as well.

I enjoyed django slightly more than JB. I Really liked the Dr. King Schultz character. Thought it was one of his better written, more complex and empathatic characters. I can see why the actor won an Oscar for the role. Hans Landa is up there as well.

Yeah, christopher Waltz is a great actor, especially as Han Landa, he was amazing in Bastards. He has won an Oscar for every Trantino movie he has been in, who would of known.:lol

Hands down, Inglourious Basterds is my favorite Tarantino movie.

In fact, my list in descending order is...

1.) Inglourious Basterds
2.) Pulp Fiction
3.) Kill Bill Vol 1
4.) Kill Bill Vol 2
5.) Death Proof
6.) Reservoir Dogs
7.) Django Unchained
8.) Jackie Brown

The French dairy farm scene at the beginning of IB is possibly the greatest scene in film for me.

One of the things that I thought was most brilliant about it was how it moved from French to English. I love how Tarantino incorporated the language change as part of the story, and not just randomly switching to English as is done so often.

Everything about that scene is just perfectly crafted.

I just the love the precision/perfection of Landa in that scene.

The dialogue is Tarantino's best IMO.

Jackie Brown just doesn't feel like the Tarantino I love. It's an average film IMO. Doesn't have that snappy, gorgeous dialogue I love so much about Tarantino's films.

Watched Django again the other night and I just loved it even more! Candie and Schultz own the movie.

Kurt Russell is awesome in it,but he's a good character in a bad movie.Loved him in The Thing and Escape from New York.

Doesn't matter if it's good or bad, thread is your 'favorite' one.

Favorite doesn't mean best.

Jackie Brown just doesn't feel like the Tarantino I love. It's an average film IMO. Doesn't have that snappy, gorgeous dialogue I love so much about Tarantino's films.

Jackie Brown just doesn't flow well. Everything seems forced.

agree. everytime I discuss "tarantino films" in general with anybody I almost always forget about Jackie Brown.
While he didnt direct True Romance, it has the Tarantino feel much more than JB.

Agreed on Jackie Brown, my favorite as well.

1. Django Unchained
2. Pulp Fiction
3. Inglourious Basterds
4. Death Proof
5. Kill Bill: Vol. 1
6. Jackie Brown
7. Reservoir Dogs
8. Kill Bill: Vol. 2

Hot Girls, Boring? :thwak Not possible! :pfft: Even if they are, who cares! :lol :duff :peace

I enjoyed DP :)naughty), liked Stuntman Mike in the first half and the girls in the second.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfXtmnxhtTY

This scene convinced me that Stuntman Mike had an erectile dysfunction, and his resentment over it led him to hate women, specially hot ones, which is his reason to always target them.

I liked the wink to "Kill Bill" in this movie, when Rosario Dowson is using the famous and at the time over-used ringtone of Elle Driver.

On a scale of Prometheus to ten, how would you rate it?

Haha! Love this. Still can't understand how could Ridley Scott make that thing. What a disappointment.

I get why most would vote PF, but there is no doubt in my mind IB is Tarantino's masterpiece.

Agreed. "Inglorious Basterds" is my favorite of his films, too.

Watched Django again the other night and I just loved it even more! Candie and Schultz own the movie.

I recall Samuel L. Jackson using the "N word" in Jackie Brown a lot more than in any other film in his career. Just saying.

"Django Unchained" rocks! Awesome movie, and Christoph Waltz totally stole the show. DiCaprio and Jackson were great, too.

am I the only one that groups Kill Bill into one movie. I just can't split them up. For me.

1. Kill Bill
2. Pulp Fiction
3. Django Unchained
4. Four Rooms
5. Inglorious Basterds

Jackie Brown rocks because it's NOT 100% Tarantino. It shows he can branch off and do something different.

I could watch that movie all day.

am I the only one that groups Kill Bill into one movie. I just can't split them up. For me.

1. Kill Bill
2. Pulp Fiction
3. Django Unchained
4. Four Rooms
5. Inglorious Basterds

Kill Bill should be considered one film. If people consider them separate films it's likely because they're observing the distinctive pacing and style of the two volumes. But I bet few of those same people would consider From Dusk till Dawn two movies.

Back