Favorite Indy VILLAIN?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Favorite Indy VILLAIN?

• Toht

Votes: 49 42.2%
  • Belloq

Votes: 33 28.4%
  • Dietrich

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mola Ram

Votes: 26 22.4%
  • Thugee Henchman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donovan

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • That blond Tank Nazi dude from Crusade

Votes: 7 6.0%

• Total voters
Mola Ram is easily my #2, and I hope he comes with a heart accessory... maybe even a flaming heart. And he'd have to have the full ceremonial garb... oh that would be so badass :rock

3621116_f1c4439407.jpg

My vote had to go to Belloq (sp?). Mostly because for me, he's the most memorable. I know he did Muriam (sp?). He's like Simon Cowell (sp?). Who doesn't like Simon Cowell (sp?). :lol

That scene was the reason we ended up with the PG-13 rating being created. :lecture

Really... it was PG-13? I remember Gremlins being my first PG-13 film, but I know I saw Temple of Doom in the theater, at least I think I did?!?

Really... it was PG-13? I remember Gremlins being my first PG-13 film, but I know I saw Temple of Doom in the theater, at least I think I did?!?

I'm pretty sure my dad took me to see "Trading Places-R" before "Gremlins-PG13" came out. My dad was/is cool like that. If only Phoebe Kates had a topless scene in Gremlins too, all nerd fantasies would be fulfilled.

Edit: I also remember being terified when I saw Raiders (specifically the melting face during opening of Arc/Ark scene) in the dollar theatre with pops when I was maybe 10, if that.

What, nobody picked Donavan!?:rotfl

Ever notice, half his lines in the movie end with, "Dr. Jones."?:lol What a lame character, let alone a lame villain.

No, Temple of Doom was rated PG... It caused the PG-13 rating to be created. There was a lot of controversy because such a violent scene didn't earn it an R rating.

And I could be wrong, but I thought Gremlins was only rated PG too (weren't they released around the same time?). Parents brought their kids expecting to see a movie about cute little furry animals not realizing how violent it was.

No, Temple of Doom was rated PG... It caused the PG-13 rating to be created. There was a lot of controversy because such a violent scene didn't earn it an R rating.

And I could be wrong, but I thought Gremlins was only rated PG too (weren't they released around the same time?). Parents brought their kids expecting to see a movie about cute little furry animals not realizing how violent it was.

You are right, Gremlins was PG, but similar story to Temple of Doom. Although I remember that I got to see the movie because a friend of my Mom's said it wouldn't be too bad for me to see (I was 5 or 6 at the time). I have to thank him for that :rock

From Wikipedia:However, the film has also been heavily criticized for some of its more violent sequences. Critics alleged these scenes made the film inappropriate for younger audiences who could be admitted into theatres under its PG rating. In response to this and to similar complaints about other films, the Motion Picture Association of America (MPAA) reformed its rating system within two months of its release.

OK, Toht's death is stupendously delicious stuff! No denying...
But, "He pulled hearts out..." well, I didn't get to see that! LOL!
I did see Mola Ram do it.
And, do not forget Mola's death! I mean, DAMN! He falls and WE GO DOWN WITH HIM! Then to be eaten by crocodiles! GREAT STUFF!
So, Toht is not the only stupendous cinematic death here.
But, as your avatar reminds us all, Greg, it is the most shocking, and most deserved. I think that is why it lives on.

To them both! :rock :duff
I sure hope figures get made!

You are right, Gremlins was PG, but similar story to Temple of Doom. Although I remember that I got to see the movie because a friend of my Mom's said it wouldn't be too bad for me to see (I was 5 or 6 at the time). I have to thank him for that :rock

Thanks for making me feel old! I was 18 in 1984! :lol

Sorry :monkey2 But on the plus side you got to rock out to sweet-ass 80's music, and it wasn't even ironic at the time.

True. :lol

I was lucky because I was old enough to see a lot of great movies in the theaters. Terminator, T2, Aliens, Robocop, The Thing, Road Warrior, Predator, Conan. I guess pretty much any Arnold movie back then!

And ALIEN was the first R rated movie I ever went to. I begged my dad to take me.

I just finished Raiders for the 1st time ever and I really like Belloq. I have to finish the other 2 on my Snow Day!

Oh and Wor-gor I finally understand your avatar and who it is!!!:rock:rock:rock

Back