Favorite Hot toys Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Immolator

Freakalicious
Reaction score
I was looking to buy one iron man from hot toys.

Thing is, i cant decide at all!!!

So, i want your opinions guys!

It includes every suit, war machine and even whiplash.

In your opinion, Which is the best iron man hot toys has or is going to release?

Thanks a lot!

Watch all iron man movies ! Think of the suit that triggers your inspiration the most .. For me it's Mark III , if it's yours too then the die cast Mark III which is still widely available

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My criteria for Iron Man suits--and I'm probably in the minority on this--is that I need to believe a person can actually fit inside it. So many of the Iron Man suits, especially the earlier ones, are so thin that a person couldn't possibly fit inside them. That's one of the reasons I went for the Silver Centurion, mark 33. It's bulky in the right way and you really believe it's a suit of armor with a person inside.

Mark IV is the best design, but the Mark VII is the best compromise between design and toy, particularly when you switch out the plates to make him just red and gold.

Agreed.

Out of my 4, BD Mark VII [MMS185] and the 43 are slam dunk winners.

To clarify, there are 2 BD versions, I like the MMS185 much more than the MMS196. It gives you the tally clean look, and then the BD look. Many love the 196 more.... {shrug}

Last edited:
I was close ordering the Mk III Diecast version but there were too many issues (articulation, shoulder gaps, scratches in the hip/leg area...) so I cancelled it.
I'm waiting for the next release where they provide me with a cool armour + good Tony Stark headsculpt.

The best release is the original Avengers Mark VII. I'm waiting on a Diecast of that one.
Although a Civil War or Infinity Wars Iron Man with a separate headsculpt will do fine.
Too bad the Mk 45 doesn't include an extra...

Mark IV is the best design, but the Mark VII is the best compromise between design and toy, particularly when you switch out the plates to make him just red and gold.

Those weirdly-proportioned arms with inhumanly narrow rubber elbows, though...

The one thing that always put me off buying that figure, even when I had opportunities to get it at a bargain price.

IMO so far HT hasn't been able to perfectly combine ideal body proportions with articulation for their IM figs. Having said that, for those categories my top picks are the Mk3 for body proportions (looks great with museum poses, can do ground punch but legs look a bit iffy) and the Mk43 for articulation. I'm still waiting for THE definitive IM figure for my collection.

IMO so far HT hasn't been able to perfectly combine ideal body proportions with articulation for their IM figs. Having said that, for those categories my top picks are the Mk3 for body proportions (looks great with museum poses, can do ground punch but legs look a bit iffy) and the Mk43 for articulation. I'm still waiting for THE definitive IM figure for my collection.

Since the film designs don't take real world proportion into account it's hard to expect better out of something that needs to. The whole premise of the suit is based on a design that is unattainable in the real world...

qt7EX6E.jpg

I'm keeping these two on display (being from my fav IM film) but I think the Mark IV is the best 1/6 IM that I have owned.

And if scale is no issue then you can't beat that 1/4 Mark XLIII.

From the armors I currently own(mkVI, MKIII and 43) and ones I sold(MKI, VII, SC, Starboost,Midas,42) if I had to choose 1 id go with 43.

For me, it's a split between Mark III, IV, and VII. I wasn't a fan of the triangular arc reactor and the silver bits on the VI. Mark III is a classic, but it is a bit shorter than the others. The IV retains the classic look with some added gold highlights, it was also significantly lengthened, so proportions look good, but alas it suffers from the pink waist armor issue. The Mark VII has a lot of display option: as a suped up IM armor, armed and ready to fire, or with all the armament removed and looking like a classic armor. It also doesn't suffer from the faded waist armor issue, which is another big plus for me.

Back