Favorite Alien Films

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Favorite Alien Films

• Alien

Votes: 25 31.6%
  • Aliens "Alien 2"

Votes: 50 63.3%
  • Alien 3

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Alien: Resurrection

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I saw "Alien" in the theater in 1979. I will always remember how I felt watching that movie then, sitting in the dark, watching a masterpiece of horror and suspense unfold... So many images imprinted in my memory, the experience created a great love for all things Alien ever since. So although I think "Aliens" is a terrific sequel, I'm going to vote "Alien" because it is a magnificent movie and for the 'absolute nostalgia' factor. But "Aliens" is a fun ride and a great movie and a very close second on my list... :joy

You say that like it's a negative though, like since we are younger we have terrible taste in film?

I'm 22 by the way.

I don't think he means it like that.
I think he means like depending on what movie a certain person grew up with.
When I was growing I was into all the arnie and rambo movies therefore aliens appealed more to me and yes I admit that. Alien still is one amazing movie for me though.
He wasn't saying we had bad taste , just that because we grew up with different time frames and feelings towards them its likely most people in their 30s will prefer alien.

I'm almost 32 and prefer Aliens, much more action, I still really like Alien, it was like watching a horror flick. Both are great movies indeed. :chew

I bet none of the people liking Aliens 2 better are in their 30's.

I'm 36...Aliens

However,I respect and consider to be correct the statements made about how well conceived,acted and directed(Ridley Scott,for Pete's sake!)Alien is.It started a franchise and a whole new way of presenting tension and horror to an audience.

I like Aliens because,I dig action,big battles,shoot'em ups etc.

Also,after reading all of the posts that argue in favor of Alien3's uniquely gritty,dark and desperate take on a hero's ultimate fate.I want to see it again.

Last edited:
I don't think he means it like that.
I think he means like depending on what movie a certain person grew up with.
When I was growing I was into all the arnie and rambo movies therefore aliens appealed more to me and yes I admit that. Alien still is one amazing movie for me though.
He wasn't saying we had bad taste , just that because we grew up with different time frames and feelings towards them its likely most people in their 30s will prefer alien.

I see people in their 30s prefer Alien, in their 20s prefer Aliens...Since it's what we grew up on? I think I just like Cameron more as a director as well Scott has some good films but the pacing in them can sometimes put me to sleep.

I thought the younger people were (under 35), the more likely it was they'd prefer Aliens (1986) cos it's a shoot 'em up in space with beasties - typical teenage boy stuff.

I'm 32 and saw Aliens in 1988 aged 12 on VHS. I saw it before the others and was blown away - Alien (1979) didn't have the same response but I have grown to respect and love it more so as I got older and maturer and away from that teenage-shoot 'em-up-in-space boy-stuff.

Special Edition of ALIEN3, for me. Followed by ALIEN, then ALIENS(Which really wasn't as good as 1 and 3), I don't consider ALIEN: Resurrection part of continuity, therefore I do not have a rank for it.

To my mind, there's is only one Alien movie... and that's what it's named.

Aliens was a good movie, but they went the action route instead of sticking with horror, so it can't really compare...

the rest were just meh...

I think I actually prefer AVP to Alien 3 and Resurrection, but let me go rewatch those before I'm sure.

I can understand you liking it over Resurrection, but ALIEN3?!

If you haven't seen it, I strongly suggest watching the Special Edition of ALIEN3, trust me, it's hell of a lot better than those two pieces of crap. ;)

I can understand you liking it over Resurrection, but ALIEN3?!

If you haven't seen it, I strongly suggest watching the Special Edition of ALIEN3, trust me, it's hell of a lot better than those two pieces of crap. ;)

Yea I've seen it. You mean the extended special edition that came with the Quadrilogy?

Alien 3 is alright, to me it's the one that looks the most dated though due to the reliance on CGI for the some shots of the Alien where as Alien and Aliens were all "real"

Yep, you got it.

I really don't let the CGI get to me. I'm usually so caught up in the story that I don't let it bother me, though I still prefer it over ALIENS.

Yep, you got it.

I really don't let the CGI get to me. I'm usually so caught up in the story that I don't let it bother me, though I still prefer it over ALIENS.

I think the problem for me is I think the story is so weak, it's hard not to get caught up with the cheesy dog alien.

To me it just is. It is too much of a deviation from the previous two films in terms of tone.

Like I said, instead of an alien killing a crew on a ship in space...there's now one dog alien killing a bunch of male convicts in a prison.

What did you want? Another bunch of marines fighting another bunch of Aliens?

What is the continuous need to rehash these movies? :rolleyes:

yes it is quite a tricky choice there all great, but i loved aliens the most then probably alien ressurection then alien then alien3

Yea I've seen it. You mean the extended special edition that came with the Quadrilogy?

Alien 3 is alright, to me it's the one that looks the most dated though due to the reliance on CGI for the some shots of the Alien where as Alien and Aliens were all "real"

There was no CGI in A3.
It was all done with a rod puppet (the last cool thing ADI did for the Alien franchise -wait, let me correct that- the only cool thing ADI did for the franchise) which was inserted into the movie. Those were all old-school optical effects.

Back