Favorite Alien Films

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Favorite Alien Films

• Alien

Votes: 25 31.6%
  • Aliens "Alien 2"

Votes: 50 63.3%
  • Alien 3

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Alien: Resurrection

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Alien is one of my top 5 favorite movie of all time....Aliens ? Not even in my top 100....

i like the original because i remember when i first saw it as a very young lad and that scene when the alien bursted through kane's chest warped me for life. ill say it again "thanks mom. thanks dad.":wave (my parents would let me watch anything :lol)

oh and i kinda like ripley in those panties.:naughty

ALIEN by a longshot...the film is timeless. Aliens (2) hasn't aged as well and for lack of a better word is dated.

Agreed! That creature in ALIEN was amazing, smart and intimidating. When they were "turned into bugs" by Cameron ruined it for me. ALIEN will last forever in movie lore. ALIENS probably will as well...but only because it followed a classic...ALIEN. Imagine how much better ALIENS would have been with a horde of Giger Aliens rather than the Bugs Cameron showed us.

Aliens followed by ALIEN. The rest are dead to me.

LOL. I hated Alien3...It was like I just invested almost 3 hours of my time into Ripley, Hicks, and Newt. Then bam the intro of Alien3, Newt and Hicks are dead, and somehow Ripley has a alien queen inside of her. Not to mention we invested more time into Ripley thanks to the first movie, then they go and kill her off in the 3rd only for a funny plot point to bring her back in the 4th....booo!

Not to mention the first two were like really sci-fi space settings which I love, but the 3rd was all neutral tones of brown, in a dark dingy world, with all men.

Terrible.

You guys are completely missing the whole point of A3.
The idea was to set Ripley in a world devoid of everything she took for granted and make her confront her destiny.
No children.
No family.
Just her accepting her fate, that she had to be become what she most feared and sacrifice herself.

What would she do with a crippled Hicks and a screaming daughter? It would either be more of the same (i.e. inept CM's running around getting killed) or it would have to take place a bunch of years later and then how do you bring the aliens back? Have her go on another mission? That would be silly.

I do believe that A3 was a good ending to the story.
A:R was just unnecessary. There's interesting ideas there, but it just didn't work.

You guys are completely missing the whole point of A3.
The idea was to set Ripley in a world devoid of everything she took for granted and make her confront her destiny.
No children.
No family.
Just her accepting her fate, that she had to be become what she most feared and sacrifice herself.

What would she do with a crippled Hicks and a screaming daughter? It would either be more of the same (i.e. inept CM's running around getting killed) or it would have to take place a bunch of years later and then how do you bring the aliens back? Have her go on another mission? That would be silly.

I do believe that A3 was a good ending to the story.
A:R was just unnecessary. There's interesting ideas there, but it just didn't work.

Ripley didn't have a destiny nor fate. There was no point. No mumbo jumbo here, she just had terrible luck because she kept running into these things...but she's a fighter and each time she took them on and won.

I think the series should have ended with 2. And started with a new set of characters in 3...but hollywood is obsessed with trilogies. Films can't be complete without! Alien 3 was like throwing a wretch in the formula.

Alien was more of a suspense/horror movie. While Aliens was more of a action flick. Alien 3 was more of the same except instead of being on a ship, they were in a prison. I'm sure they could have though of something more clever for 3.

Alien 3 is a great movie and I do agree with abake on everything he said.
Alien 3 was a way of showing her she was most likely never going to get away from these things and way of life. It was in this movie where she finally excepted it and knew the only way out was to kill herself. I felt alien 3 brought back the dark atmosphere ( though not as good obviously )from A L I E N which aliens didn't have or need.
The gritty browns and prison atmosphere , being trapped in there with murderers , rapists and so on as well as the religious way the prisoners ran things is what made this movie unique and still a little creepy for some.
I did like it . I could watch it as much as the other movies.

Yep, I'm with Abake on this one as well.

I thought it was a brilliant film. I'm glad they had the balls to kill off Hicks and Newt. It made for a tragic story that was really well acted by all involved.

The problem we run into so often with films that continue past a "part 2" is that they tend to get TOO formulaic. Yeah, this threw a wrench into everything...but that's what made it so good. It was different and should have been where the series ended...with Ripley's death.

I bet none of the people liking Aliens 2 better are in their 30's.

Back