Faux Bronze?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lcummins

Universal MODster
Reaction score
I've searched and can't find any mention of the two Faux Bronze in-stock pieces listed by Sideshow in tonight's newsletter. Are the Faux Bronze pieces that uninteresting or hated that no one purchased them? I thought the Dinosauria pieces usually sold well... I know the Star Wars ones have been poorly received for a while now, but at 35 pieces each, you would think they would have sold out! :panic:

I think both the above are accurate. Collectors are getting smarter.... faux bronze and varients are a thing of the past... hopefully!

I've searched and can't find any mention of the two Faux Bronze in-stock pieces listed by Sideshow in tonight's newsletter. Are the Faux Bronze pieces that uninteresting or hated that no one purchased them? I thought the Dinosauria pieces usually sold well... I know the Star Wars ones have been poorly received for a while now, but at 35 pieces each, you would think they would have sold out! :panic:

Did you try sideshow's front page? :dunno They're both on there. People definitely hate faux bronze, there's only 35 of the Carnataurus and it's still in stock! But I have the FB Alien Warrior and Trex-Vs-Trike and I actually really like them. They look out of place next to colored collectibles but I have them as centerpieces on their own and they are sexy. :peace

NEVER MIND, just re-read that and realized you were saying something else, sorry. And the FB Tyrannosaurus Maquette only had 50 pieces and has been available for months now.

Displaying is definitely the issue. Faux bronze only works as isolated pieces, not in a collection or group setting. By themselves on a little pedestal/counter/ledge with a light on them, they're knockouts (and better received by "non-collecting" visitors. But beside other "colored" pieces (that sounds all sorts of wrong), they go "blah", and look "unpainted".

I like them, but for this reason alone I have to hold off on all but a select few of them.

In some cases I think they are preferrable:

1) they are more classy

2) they show off the sculpts in a way that traditionally painted pieces don't

But I don't care much for the paintwork that SS has achieved on some of them, and there really haven't been too many sculpts that attracted me - or in the case of the Dinosauria pieces I chose to forego the variants.

Back