fast five (The Fast and the Furious_5)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow another one? I was also confused about some of people being alive. I will watch it(once it hits hbo), they are entertaining. Now if they guarantee more screen time for Jordana I would maybe see it in theater.

Saw this today. It was pretty good. Probably the best of the series. Great action sequences. I have some nitpicks about the story and character motivations, but they're not big.

btw, don't leave when the credits start rolling.

I thought so at least. Between this and Driven, he is definatley back as the Bad @$$ we know and love. I'd take a figure of him from either film. Heck, I'd settle for him to be in HT's M Icon line as himself at this point.

And the Rock is freaking HUGE in this. Makes Vin Diesel look tiny.

The Rock is pretty great in this, but I thought his character was underwritten.

Spoiler Spoiler:

His fight scene with Vin was awesome though. It was what I was most looking forward to seeing in this film. Man, I hope they get more work soon. We need more action stars like them and not Taylor Lautner and Liam Neeson (Neeson's great, but come on.).

i noticed that in the trailer actually :lol i'd say the ONLY thing vin ever really had going for him was his size and badassery, but even in the trailer, dwayne made him look a bit fat, old and dumb.

His fight scene with Vin was awesome though. It was what I was most looking forward to seeing in this film.

cool. i'm imagining something along the lines of roddy piper and keith david in they live :lol

the best role i think the rock has had recently was his cameo in the other guys. perfect use of his comedy and toughness. i thought a prequel to that, with him and samuel l. acting like the idiots they did would have been hilarious.

I thought so at least. Between this and Driven, he is definatley back as the Bad @$$ we know and love. I'd take a figure of him from either film. Heck, I'd settle for him to be in HT's M Icon line as himself at this point.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Liam is one of the best action starts working today.....what are you talking about??

He makes a convincing action hero, but he's not an action star (Granted, I've only seen him in Taken.). I'd rather not have Hollywood re-purpose aging dramatic actors or teens from romantic comedies for action films.

I've really hated this series - don't think I even saw the last 2 and I see everything. But I really enjoyed this film. The dialogue is cheesy and the plot is not particularly believable - but it's a great romp. And the audience I saw it with LOVED it - they obviously recognized all the characters as the popped up and they really got into the action sequences. And I'd agree, we need to see Dwayne doing more roles like this and less Tooth Fairy.

I saw it last night and enjoyed it even though I'm not really a fan of the series. Vin must have been wearing lifts in his shoes because there is no way he's the same height as Dwayne Johnson.

The only thing I didn't like was the crowd that was there watching it; pure bottom-feeders.

Back