Fast and Furious 7

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I liked it, but I actually felt like it was a bit too over the top at times. The way they utilized Statham reminded me of Carrie Fisher in The Blues Brothers, and the stuff with Diesel and Rodriguez and their love affair was kind of cringeworthy, at times, but I really liked it, overall. The Rock had some ridiculously cheesy lines, but it's The Rock, so, instead of being terrible, that's wonderful. He just enjoys what he does, and you do, as well. Honestly, I preferred the last iteration, as an overall film. This one wasn't bad at all, but, if not for the fantastic ending/Paul Walker tribute, I would probably say it's pretty inferior to Fast 6.

Yes, I'd agree about the over the top. WAY over the top. Somehow I can buy it in a superhero movie but not here. I've always disliked these movies and this one didn't change that. Rodriguez and Diesel have zero chemistry too. Although I like Ramsey -
Spoiler Spoiler:

Ramsey looked good in the bikini....

Better than the last installment. Fast Five is still the best of the series by a long shot. The Hobbs vs Shaw was awesome. Better than the showdown with Dom.

Oh and lol at Dom lifting the car. Umm ok.

All the traveling. Man, this movie was absurd. :lol

Just when you thought the last one was a little too ridiculous another comes along. lol Still, you somehow get a perverse guilty pleasure from watching them. :rotfl Honestly, the first flick is the only one I watch over and over again. Despite being a reminiscent of Point Break it's still a solid film.
I have watched all films atleast more than 3 times. I know I watched Tokyo Drift 4 times in theaters, friends/family wanted to go and paid for me to go so I totally did not mind watching it over and over. I loved the environment and music on Tokyo drift too. Planing on watching 7 when I get back home this Wednesday. :rock

Saw it. Let me first say what they did for Paul at the end was amazing and beautiful, and was the worth the price of the ticket.

But man the movie was bad. The worst out of the last three. Way, way, way....way too over the top with too much going on. 95% of the dialogue was bad and was just to ham it up. And I'm pretty sure everything that came out of ludacris' mouth was exposition. How many countries will they travel next movie? 30?

Are they really considering carrying on the franchise after that perfect ending? Seriously Im not even A FF fan but that ending was the perfect knot to a bow.

they will make max 10 total if they even get past no8 . I expect 8 to make either decent to good ratings and good money in theaters since this one will carry everyone to go see the next out of curiosity , but it might not work and be the flop that kills it. Then there can be a no 9, where 8 is good enough but 9 ends up having issues since its got nothing carrying it on, so the studio starts to wonder if without paul it can go on.

So then they either decide to kill it or move on with a 10th where they end it and make it to a nice round number where they celebrate the franchise and end it with either a nice little tribute to Paul again and his character or a franchise look over ending where they make us remember details and maybe end it with a group shot or the crew riding off . probably the 10th would have a major character die also to bring more impact and also have a more down to earth feel to it and have the original cast as the core and cut down on the crew to be only them so its more special... basicly the usual crap .
Money allows for the next film and that goes on till 10 where they will have a free out with a celebration numbered film.

Yes, I'd agree about the over the top. WAY over the top. Somehow I can buy it in a superhero movie but not here. I've always disliked these movies and this one didn't change that. Rodriguez and Diesel have zero chemistry too. Although I like Ramsey -
Spoiler Spoiler:

Dom does show up in Tokyo Drift

Saw this last night. I enjoyed it for its ridiculousness, but I think it was hyped too much for me. A great popcorn movie, that's for sure.

A perfect song to end it with. So many feels. Don't watch if you haven't seen it.

So Paul is CG at the end...right?

Last edited:
Pretty sure he is. He just looks too creepy not to be. The Supra is a personal car too.

Also pretty sure one of his brothers was used for the house bomb scene and bus fight.

Yeah it seemed like they left his face out of a lot of the movie unless he was delivering a line. I would be curious to know what all he was able to film.

Fun movie, but silly. Enjoyed the mountain chase... but they could have cut Abu Dhabi entirely and no one would have noticed (but I imagine that's where the funding came from to "fix" the film after Paul died.)

Fast 5 is still the one to beat.

Really enjoyed this film. It's great at what it's meant to be, a release from real life, popcorn flick to enjoy with family and friends.

Loved Brian's blue 2012 GT-R too.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Back