Fao uk sideshow direct customers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ck1

Super Freak
Reaction score
Had my first fed ex bill through, I dont think I going to be ordering direct anymore.

Last edited:
I'd buy from a dealer who's willing to "cough" mark the value down for importing.
Those charges are an absolute joke.

That sucks. If thats what its going to be like then it will affect what I order from sideshow. Did your fed ex bill come after they delivered connor?

That sucks. If thats what its going to be like then it will affect what I order from sideshow. Did your fed ex bill come after they delivered connor?

Yes today, JC arrived last week sometime.

I'd buy from a dealer who's willing to "cough" mark the value down for importing.
Those charges are an absolute joke.

I'm a sucker for ex items but going to have to knock that on the head, most ex items are worth a about a fiver more, not nearly a hundred pounds.

Well I guess I'll be receiving one soon. If this is what its going to be like in future then I'll only be getting exclusives I really want from sideshow and get everything else somewhere else where I wont have to expect extra bills a week or so later. This stuff is expensive enough as it is

I got a series of bills this morning !

Im paying £43 on top of the figure plus sideshows delivery charge !!!

I could live with £20 from FedEx but Sideshows original Hot Toys prices plus FedEx admin and VAT are serious killers

Bye Bye SSC HT purchases

Is it on all sideshow products that can expect these damn bills, or just action figures and items which get charged VAT? Sure I read something on sideshow's site about VAT that polystone statues etc arn't charged VAT or something :huh

I cancelled a whole bunch of stuff when I read about the charges. I'll try to pick up what I can here in the UK . Add to that I've become very disillussioned with the whole figure collecting thing lately due to excessive charges and costs.

Is it on all sideshow products that can expect these damn bills, or just action figures and items which get charged VAT? Sure I read something on sideshow's site about VAT that polystone statues etc arn't charged VAT or something :huh

No, everything that Sideshow does is VAT-able (unless it's just a catalogue). That's 17.5% extra on top of the purchase price of the item PLUS the shipping cost. Then a further 5-7% worth of duty and then deferment & clearance fees. All comin to ya in a nice little Fedex letter about a week or so after delivery. :horror Not nice...

I usually don't have the money when pre-orders go up and usually have to get stuff once they been released so usually rules sideshow out since everything usually sells out pretty fast. Tend to get most stuff fron Hong Kong ebay sellers, play.com and forbiddenplanet.co.uk (but not doing business with them again so going to try forbiddenplanet.com next time). These charges do suck though

No, everything that Sideshow does is VAT-able (unless it's just a catalogue). That's 17.5% extra on top of the purchase price of the item PLUS the shipping cost. Then a further 5-7% worth of duty and then deferment & clearance fees. All comin to ya in a nice little Fedex letter about a week or so after delivery. :horror Not nice...

fan-bloody-tastic :mad: atleast I put enough money aside for crap like this so I wouldn't be caught with pants down. Is going to affect what I actually order from sideshow though :(

guys, guys, guys :D

seriously, if you're buying HT, enterbay or that kind of thing, the best place you can shop at the moment in the UK is onesixthbruce. the owner is a member here (breakersrevenge), a friend and a damn good dealer.

i've never seen packaging like his, and considering his import and shipping fees etc. his prices are much lower than the competition. plus his service is second to none. i'm not saying that as a friend, but a long time customer.

https://www.onesixthbruce.co.uk

ever since i discovered the site, i stopped ordering from the jokers that are fp.com, fp.co.uk and play,com, and even Sideshow.

EDIT: i forgot to add - saves the stress of worrying about customs, he's good with faulty items etc., and he also has a flexpay style option with most items.

its all good. SSC doesn't need european buyers. they'll just decrease edition sizes and raise prices for American collectors.

I got a series of bills this morning !

Im paying £43 on top of the figure plus sideshows delivery charge !!!

I could live with £20 from FedEx but Sideshows original Hot Toys prices plus FedEx admin and VAT are serious killers

Bye Bye SSC HT purchases

£43:horror!!!! what hot toys figure is that?

i never order from sideshow i which i heard shipping to uk, vat ,fexup price sky high.

i buy from sideshow direct seller ever CHEAPER sideshow RRP and they lower value for me. i got queen alien stright to my door (no customs charge):banana

i brought about 27 figure from wideworld only got 3 customs charges (£20 - £25 ish).. alway ask seller for lower value before you buy. if no walk away...

seriously, if you're buying HT, enterbay or that kind of thing, the best place you can shop at the moment in the UK is onesixthbruce. the owner is a member here (breakersrevenge), a friend and a damn good dealer.

i've never seen packaging like his, and considering his import and shipping fees etc. his prices are much lower than the competition. plus his service is second to none. i'm not saying that as a friend, but a long time customer.

ever since i discovered the site, i stopped ordering from the jokers that are fp.com, fp.co.uk and play,com, and even Sideshow.

EDIT: i forgot to add - saves the stress of worrying about customs, he's good with faulty items etc., and he also has a flexpay style option with most items.

i heard about them but they don't have figure in stock? they web site you cant tell item in stock or not . everthing "place a order" so i drop a email to them and they only got joking dx..in stock..

£43:horror!!!! what hot toys figure is that?

i never order from sideshow i which i heard shipping to uk, vat ,fexup price sky high.

i buy from sideshow direct seller ever CHEAPER sideshow RRP and they lower value for me. i got queen alien stright to my door (no customs charge):banana

i brought about 27 figure from wideworld only got 3 customs charges (£20 - £25 ish).. alway ask seller for lower value before you buy. if no walk away...

My fed ex bill was for £43 (JC @ $195 + shipping).

I always buy a second from an ebay seller.

I collect the ex's and keep them MISB, well I used to.

I guess there is still a chance of aquiring Toy Hunter ex's via ebay but thats gonna be hit and miss and still more expensive that SS previously. What a major downer on collecting :mad:

That's right, I'm with you here! from now on, WaiMan will be my exclusive source for European HT/Enterbay stuff! This guy is just great! :D

As for exclusive Sideshow items, well, I guess I'll have to live without them! :( But since they seem to go out of the 1:6 lines anyway, won't be much of a loss! :D

By the way, WaiMan, I tried to add a second positive review for you to thank you for our last transaction, but it looks like you can only leave one for the same person, so sorry for that, but for all of you guys who'll read this, know that you won't regret choosing onesixthbruce.com !

Last edited:

That's right, I'm with you here! from now on, WaiMan will be my exclusive source for European HT/Enterbay stuff! This guy is just great! :D

As for exclusive Sideshow items, well, I guess I'll have to live without them! :( But since they seem to go out of the 1:6 lines anyway, won't be much of a loss! :D

By the way, WaiMan, I tried to add a second positive review for you to thank you for our last transaction, but it looks like you can only leave one for the same person, so sorry for that, but for all of you guys who'll read this, know that you won't regret choosing onesixthbruce.com !

Thanks guys for the support! the next DX fig is free for you.....

A free pic of the DX fig not an actual one:D:D:D

Back