Fantastic Four - November 6, 2024

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea that was a big brain move on that reeds part. Aside from that this looks pretty good. Better than the last attempt. The auteur version of I remember correctly

Other than asshat, I mean Pascal, I had no idea who any of these people are by name.

After looking them up, Vanessa Kirby is the only one that looks like a nice fit, but that's about it. Can't wait to see how plain they make her look as sexy women aren't allowed in the MCU anymore. And in no way can Pascal ever pull off being one of the smartest people in the world. :lol Really bad casting there.

I have NO faith in this movie due to all the current trends. Even if they make the cast look and resemble the actual classic comic FF, if the Silver Surfer rumor is still true making him female I'm out by a mile and will NEVER EVER watch this garbage. Same goes for whatever abomination they are sure to turn Doom into.

And if true, putting this in the 60's is interesting but really doesn't work in a shared Universe that started the current year in 2008 with Iron Man. That only would've worked if they were doing a storyline with Annihilus and they got stuck in the Negative Zone or something. But they can't do that cause they already used the dumbass Quantum Realm crap in Ant-Man with Wasp being trapped there.

And worst of all, we'll never get to see the FF interact with the original Avengers team. With the REAL Cap or Iron Man, a proper Hulk or Thor or even the Guardians. Just the losers that are left in the current MCU no one gives a :poop: about.

Maybe Johnny will have a fling with Echo.. Can't wait to see Sue lust after dad bod Namoooooor... The possibilites are endless!! :slap

As far as I'm concerned, Disney, Bob Iger & Kevin Feige can FO. They destroyed the MCU beyond repair. They'd be better of using this as a starting off point for a reboot.
I’ve always wanted Reed Richards to sound like a bounty hunter from SW :yess:

Yeah I'm still struggling to see Pedro as Reed, but the other casting choices seem fine to me. And Wandavision was one of the best MCU things in awhile so it's fairly encouraging to see that director involved.

But to be honest I have a hard time getting excited for any new F4 movie, and unlike others haven't been dying to see them in the MCU. Not to mention my general superhero fatigue right now...

Reed Richards always looked like Perry White to me back in my day.

main-qimg-a582f4eac0ed69e9235fd9d22e2c1533-pjlq.jpg

Perry_White_29_02.jpg

So in what world is it OK for there to be a romance between a 48 year old man and a 35 year old woman? That's disgusting. Typical Hollywood age gap exploiting impressionable young women. Predatory. Grooming. I can't even. I just can't.
This is satire right?
Hey for Hollywood this qualifies as progress. I remember when Sean Connery was paired with Catherine Zeta-Jones in Entrapment. He was 69, she was 30 lol.

p.s. - My father and mother were 48 and 35 respectively when I was born (I was the last of 4 children), so I guess that explains why I'm this way. :rotfl

If The Donald can bang someone 24 years younger, Reed Richards can handle a 13 year gap. At least he didn't ditch her when she hit 25.

So we are gonna get a retcon propbably. They were always there but becuase of rights issues we couldn't really say they were. HAHA DON'T QUESTION IT!

So we are gonna get a retcon propbably. They were always there but becuase of rights issues we couldn't really say they were. HAHA DON'T QUESTION IT!
Yep, just like with Captain Marvel - if there is any trope I truly hate its "hey remember the new guy!"

Don't really care about the casting. What FF needs is to finally get a great story/script

I don’t mind the casting, but FFS…don’t **** up the movie
I agree with you both. We shouldn't get too hung up on the actors in my opinion since that is such a relatively small part of the whole. Having a good story that makes sense and is compelling is way more important. But based on what I know of the actors here they should be perfectly serviceable.

Personally, one of the biggest issues I've had with the previous FF movies is tone, however. And based on the poster that seems spot on here, which makes me excited and gives me hope. I didn't love Wandavision in terms of how it was all resolved, but the parts of that were throwbacks were really great in my opinion, and seeing an extension of that through the FF film could be excellent.

Back