Fantastic 4 diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Darth Loki said:
I don't think you can make polystone clear. It would have to be some sort of plastic or glass. I was thinking the same thing when I saw this.

From what I've seen you can.

I like it!! The sculpting is very nice from what I can see.... And I too really would love to see a light up Johnny feature.... that would rule! :rock

Looking at their past presentation of polystone flame (Ghost Rider, Sauron's mace) they tend to use translucent material that looks fiery when the light passes through it, rather than actually putting lights inside the piece. I am not expecting a light up feature with this one, but maybe I'm wrong.

A translucent Invisible Woman would be my pick for the exclusive.

Darth Loki said:
I don't think you can make polystone clear. It would have to be some sort of plastic or glass. I was thinking the same thing when I saw this.
It can be done. Seeing is believing or not seeing is...........whatever.
invisiblewoman1.jpg

what's the dimension? :monkey1

...also, i like the Thing but other than that Reed and Sue looks shiny.

I think this looks totally ............ FANTASTIC! :rolleyes: :lol

Seriously - I love the shiny blue suits, and the size/scale of THING.
If this is in the same scale as the vs. dioramas, I'll be first in line to buy.
It'd be HUGE, and that would be great!
Another must-have for me, looking at the pictures so far. :monkey5

JS :chew

This is awesome news! I was just saying the other day how I wish Sideshow would do more FF stuff, and here it is! I really hope this is in scale with the VS collection.

:D
SideshowDusty said:
Just to be clear before the questions start rollin' in... this is not a diorama in the Marvel 'VS' series - it's a character diorama of all the members of the Fantastic 4 :duff

(edited for content :))

Great, so does this mean that besides this gorgeous piece we have another VS. diorama on the way? As if my wallet wasn't hurting enough already!! :D

Seriously though, this thing is absolutely beautiful; it was "SOLD" before I even saw the preview pic. I love the FF.

Why does SS always seem to lean towards the "modern" versions of the Marvel characters?

Wouldn't everyone prefer a "Kirbyesque" take on the Fantastic Four?

Dang,

BB

And I actually like the shiny blue look on Reed and Sue. Pretty colors! Oh Well...

I really have to cut my Marvel collecting down to just the VS. dioramas. Somebody from Sideshow must have known that and threw this piece out there as a direct challenge. I think I would like to get it, even though it's technically not an entry in the VS. line. I am weak...

carbo-fation said:
Is it the same scale as the other vs. pieces??

I hope so, because it's going right next to them. Although I don't think that the VS. pieces have a strict scale that they must adhere to. At least not that I've heard, but they are not formally classified like the 1/4 scale or 1/6 scale pieces.

bluesparrow said:
This looks great, I'm going to think long and hard about buying one.

For me, it will be short and soft.

Umm...

My thinking, I mean. My thought process will be the opposite of long and hard, and I will order it right away. Never mind...

Back