Fallout 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm still about 3/4 of the way through the main storyline, with my first, "good guy" character. I haven't played it yet as a bad guy, or even a neutral one. I would say, at least from my perspective, that I am looking at it with the attitude of being the saviour of the Capital Wasteland, and trying to do all of the good deeds and missions in that manner. Your choices you make by your dialogue decisions with non-playable characters, and your actions really do determine the outcome of the game. I am still engrossed in the many side missions, and haven't gone back to the main storyline game in a while. I paid $10.00 for each of the five downloadable content parts, before the Game Of The Year edition of the game was released. I bought the Collector's Edition of the game with the metal lunchbox, and the bobble head, and art book, and "making of the game" DVD. Awesome set! I got it at a discount on eBay, slightly used a few months ago. I'm really taking my time with the game and enjoying it! :D

It is one of the GREATEST games I have ever played! Easily one of my top favorite Xbox 360 games. I loved Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, but I enjoy Fallout 3 even more! It is definitely worth all of the Game Of The Year honors it won!

hey guys, I picked this up way back when it first came out...i played it for a few hours but lost interest unfortunately.

I'm not exactly sure what it was that turned me off, it's really hard to say. I remember finding it quite difficult, I'm more familiar with your standard FPS than this type of FPS RPG hybrid. Anyways, I've become more of a fan of games that are very engrossing, lengthy and deep so I want to give Fallout another try.

same thing with me! i've had it since release date and i am maybe 10 hours into it..i lose interest quickly..too much walking around and doing nothing so far....got me a little bored!

The game looks beautiful and has a ton of potential..i know greater things lie ahead...i do intend to sit down and re-play it for sure!

hopefully it will keep me interested longer...

hey guys, I picked this up way back when it first came out...i played it for a few hours but lost interest unfortunately.

I'm not exactly sure what it was that turned me off, it's really hard to say. I remember finding it quite difficult, I'm more familiar with your standard FPS than this type of FPS RPG hybrid. Anyways, I've become more of a fan of games that are very engrossing, lengthy and deep so I want to give Fallout another try.

Is there anything I should keep in mind when starting up my new playthrough? I want to make sure I play it with the right attitude and proper expectations so I don't lose interest again because its not what I anticipated, thanks.

Just be patient with it. To fully enjoy this game, you need to be in it for the long haul. It took me 106 hours to finish the game and all the expansions. Honestly, the first 30 hours were what you described because it took a while to gather supplies, weapons, ammo, and leveling up.

But once you establish a stronger character and get into the storyline, it is completely addicting!

Agreed. Game's not completely straight forward in the beginning. Almost too open-ended, and battles are difficult. But once you get going it's extremely entertaining. Still remember the first time I was fighting a bunch of thugs and realized I could shoot the grenade in one's hand.

Still remember the first time I was fighting a bunch of thugs and realized I could shoot the grenade in one's hand.

I've been playing quite consistently since it released and just recently realized you could queue up attacks in VATS. I'd been taking down baddies one at a time, but I realized you could aim at one guy's head, and another guy's head and another guy's head, and I started taking guys out three at a time in one attack. Haha, I felt so dumb.

If anybody has Fallout 3 on PC, I highly recommend the FOOK2 mod, it put a HUGE amount of new guns in the game, a lot of real world weapons, and a bunch of new equipment, changes damage rates and stuff, fighting is more of a challenge now. It really changes the game in ways I didn't think was possible. I'm very new to the whole PC gaming scene as it is, so this new version of the game was quite a shock. I didn't really like it at first, but I've gotten accustomed to it.

Got this last week and it has absolutely absorbed my spare time. As soon as I leave work, I'm trying to remember where I was in the game and what quests I had to get completed.

I'm really wishing there were a few more powerful rifles - my Lincoln repeater has been out of .44 ammo for a few days, now. I can't seem to find any throughout all of the skirmishes and dealers that I visit.

I'm thinking of tabling my current quest and actually trying out some of the DLC missions, as I hear they have some upgraded weaponry that you can carry back with you. Might help me mop things up.

For the time being, though, I'm stuck in Murder Row or whatever it's called (its filled with super mutants).

I had no idea you could select multiple shots in the VAT and I had no idea shooting a grenade would make it explode. Wow. Too bad my accuracy sucks.

Yeah I bumped into the abandoned space ship by accident. I had actually had quite a few active quests that I could not figure out, or that I just got side tracked because of me wanting to open up the map more.

That is cool, I like it when you just accidentally run into things like that. That is what makes games like this so cool.

bought the GOTY edition of the game yesterday from Best Buy and so far I think its really fun. Was kind of a pain going looking for mines for moria but other then that there have been no bad's. Well kinda wish there was a run button.

Still in the first town you go to, had visited that sunnyville (or whatever its called) first.

bought the GOTY edition of the game yesterday from Best Buy and so far I think its really fun. Was kind of a pain going looking for mines for moria but other then that there have been no bad's. Well kinda wish there was a run button.

Still in the first town you go to, had visited that sunnyville (or whatever its called) first.

do you live in calgary? :lol i cant find GOTY anywhere here

Just picked up the GOTY edition for the 360 last night. It's very different but cool.

Instead of posting in my other thread I'll just start using this one.

I'm suppose to go somewhere in Megaton to find some info...I went to a saloon but offered me no info. This game is so expansive...I hacked into a terminal and got some info and now I think my waypoint marker changed. I may have just answered my own question.

I recommend you go to the shop in Megaton, talk to Moira and get her quest for the Wasteland Survival Guide to start. It's a series of progressively harder mini-missions that'll get you started with simple tasks all the way to multi-step complex solutions. All the while, you'll be gaining experience and equipment, and mapping out the world.

There are also a couple of sidequests that you can get in Megaton, but they mostly involve lots of travel and combat, which requires you to level up a bit before tackling them.

So I'm thinking of getting this. Any reason to choose the 360 ver over the PS3 ver or vise versa?

Graphics-wise, they're identical. The PS3 expansions, however, are reported to be somewhat glitchy, particularly Mothership Zero. If you can, I'd recommend the 360 version to avoid those glitches.

I recently bought and continued playing this after almost a two year hiatus and I am loving every minute of it! I wish I would've bought it sooner, but I'm kinda glad I didn't, it'll make the wait for New Vegas not seem as long.

I recommend you go to the shop in Megaton, talk to Moira and get her quest for the Wasteland Survival Guide to start. It's a series of progressively harder mini-missions that'll get you started with simple tasks all the way to multi-step complex solutions. All the while, you'll be gaining experience and equipment, and mapping out the world.

There are also a couple of sidequests that you can get in Megaton, but they mostly involve lots of travel and combat, which requires you to level up a bit before tackling them.

I did 2 out of 3 for her first chapter. Just need to go research mines somewhere..but that's after I find this lunar dish...

Back