Fallout 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like everything! The combat system is pretty cool. You have to remember though this is not a true FPS. It plays kinda like Mass Effect. The graphics once you leave "the vault" are some of the best I have seen on a console game. The conversations you have with people are terrific. Not to mention the setting as a whole is amazing. If you like RPGs than this is for you. Jen is right though. I walked out and was like DAMN! Where do I start. That is a good feeling to have right off the bat. It was well worth the money! I am not joking this game immerses you.

cool man. how's the framerate...consistant? any slowdown? long load times? is there a map?

if the first hour is any indication, i see many late nights ahead. that is when i'm not playing Gears 2.

Hey, does anyone know if you can find a flashlight or lamp or anything...(similar to how Oblivion had its torches)....it would make it easier to see at night :).

yeah i just got back from blockbuster with it. i've already logged 3 hours on it. this is a dumb question but is there online co-op with this or anything???

No :'(, this is a game that it would be awesome to have online co-op in.

I'm holding off on playing Fallout 3...I have my copy but I need to hold off.

I have to get through Fable 2 and Spider-man Web o' Shadows and I can't add another game to my plate right now or I won't finish any of them.

One thing that I think is odd - I can kill people and steal their clothes/weapons/belongings and lose no karma points....BUT if I try to take anything in their shacks, lockers, etc (EVEN AFTER THEY ARE DEAD) I lose Karma......they're dead - why is it still considered stealing??

Perhaps I'm supposed to be more stealth and sneaky...but when I had to talk to that Ian kid, I killed the Family.....then it said I was considered hostile with the Family and that town where Ian's family was killed. Went back to the town anyway, they tried to shoot me, so I killed all of them....then I looted all their homes. I've got bad, bad karma. :lol :lol

I've also played all day and feel like I've only completed maybe 2% of the story.......there is so damn much to see and do and explore. :google

One thing that I think is odd - I can kill people and steal their clothes/weapons/belongings and lose no karma points....BUT if I try to take anything in their shacks, lockers, etc (EVEN AFTER THEY ARE DEAD) I lose Karma......they're dead - why is it still considered stealing??

Perhaps I'm supposed to be more stealth and sneaky...but when I had to talk to that Ian kid, I killed the Family.....then it said I was considered hostile with the Family and that town where Ian's family was killed. Went back to the town anyway, they tried to shoot me, so I killed all of them....then I looted all their homes. I've got bad, bad karma. :lol :lol

I've also played all day and feel like I've only completed maybe 2% of the story.......there is so damn much to see and do and explore. :google

I am too lazy to look......where did you find Ian?

I am too lazy to look......where did you find Ian?

He's in the West Seneca train station tunnels - watch out for booby traps though - they are everywhere.....you'll come to a passage that leads to a Family member guarding the gate to where they all are.

tell us what you like about it. i need to live vicariously through those who have this game.

What blows my mind is the completely open surroundings.....you could spend weeks walking everywhere - it really is mind blowing. Games like Fable 2 had a good atmosphere - you could explore a lot - but NOTHING like this....when I mean you can travel for miles and go anywhere - I mean anywhere - pick a direction and off you go. And the graphics are pretty spectacular.

if it's anything like Oblivion, expect to put in over 100 hours to complete the main storyline and all the side quests.
and you will love every minute.

I've been playing Fallout 3 for a few hours - made it through my first 5 or so missions

Things to keep in mind: save before making major/minor decisions. I was on the mission over the bridge and decided to raid the refrig and every NPC turned on me....with no real turning back.

Game is almost too huge - I feel slightly overwhelmed and frustrated by the scope of the game. So far, there is a bit of sameness to the game....

Combat is what I would expect with a shooter RPG - a bit clunky so far - not bad, but takes getting used to -

I am enjoying Fallout 3 so far, but for a guy like me that is not used to shooter RPG, it takes getting used to....

if it's anything like Oblivion, expect to put in over 100 hours to complete the main storyline and all the side quests.
and you will love every minute.

I can totally see where it could take at least that long. :lol

I've been playing Fallout 3 for a few hours - made it through my first 5 or so missions

I've played all damn day and have only completed 4. :lol

Back