fair market value

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks for the info we can work on numbers with the help of the older collectors that know the tru prices ,i have to say i like the avp better than anyother becuase of the dreads and the armor , i really apreciate the numbers , ill start updating the list of prices :wave

My age doesn't have ____ to do with what i would pay for these. I already have the ones I want and don't really care for the ones I don't have. If I had a chance to get the other Ancient(Asia) for $150 I would.

My age doesn't have ____ to do with what i would pay for these. I already have the ones I want and don't really care for the ones I don't have. If I had a chance to get the other Ancient(Asia) for $150 I would.

I dont think he means your age, i think he means collectors who may have been buying when they came out...which was a while ago now.

Plus older collectors may have more money, I know when I was a teenager I couldn't afford these even at retail.

Ok, I can tell you what certain sellers are asking for these. I went to a toy show called Frank & Sons yesterday. They have 3-4 dealers who specialize in Hot toys and 1/6 custom stuff. So in my questioning of the prices, here ya go. These were all assembled with the box.
AVP:

CELTIC - $850-$900
Chopper - $800-$850
Scar - $900-$950
Elder AVP: $500-$750 (one guy had this MIB for $500)
P2 - $500-$600
Lost- $200-$300
Elder P2 - $1,000
Guardian- $400-$500

My favorite is how a lot of these dealers talked to me as if I knew nothing about these items. They all said the same exact thing, "I just sold 2 of these last week for more than that."

Actual Conversation with a dealer yesterday:
Dealer: "The are really rare."
Me: "How Rare?"
Dealer: "Hot Toys didn't make a lot."
Me: "What's a lot and do you know actual numbers?"
Dealer: "No, but it's not a lot."
:slap:slap:slap:slap:

One dealer actually told me they made 500 Guardians, another dealer told me 600, and the last said 1,000.
:slap:slap:slap:slap:slap:slap

I wish I could have recorded it, it was funny.

I paid $500 plus a MIB Guardian for a P2 Elder BTW.

Last edited:
I'm not sure there really is a "fair market value" for HT Preds. The price usually is based on the willingness of the owner to let their preds go. If you get a good price on one, chances are the owner really needed the cash. JMLsuperman is pretty close on prices though through Ebay etc. I really have trouble saying that is "fair" though...

I meant the people that have been collecting these items for long time :panic:

Ok, I can tell you what certain sellers are asking for these. I went to a toy show called Frank & Sons yesterday. They have 3-4 dealers who specialize in Hot toys and 1/6 custom stuff. So in my questioning of the prices, here ya go. These were all assembled with the box.
AVP:

CELTIC - $850-$900
Chopper - $800-$850
Scar - $900-$950
Elder AVP: $500-$750 (one guy had this MIB for $500)
P2 - $500-$600
Lost- $200-$300
Elder P2 - $1,000
Guardian- $400-$500

My favorite is how a lot of these dealers talked to me as if I knew nothing about these items. They all said the same exact thing, "I just sold 2 of these last week for more than that."

Actual Conversation with a dealer yesterday:
Dealer: "The are really rare."
Me: "How Rare?"
Dealer: "Hot Toys didn't make a lot."
Me: "What's a lot and do you know actual numbers?"
Dealer: "No, but it's not a lot."
:slap:slap:slap:slap:

One dealer actually told me they made 500 Guardians, another dealer told me 600, and the last said 1,000.
:slap:slap:slap:slap:slap:slap

I wish I could have recorded it, it was funny.

I paid $500 plus a MIB Guardian for a P2 Elder BTW.

This is very good information as far as getting them i already have 1 scar complete 1 incomplete , 1 avp elder ,and 1 guardian half way done , but iam dying to get celtic or chopper , i was lucky with my second scar only $189 , but there rest of the collection was pretty pricy but the elder i found on for only $210 boxed , but on my guardian i have already spent more making one that what i would of buying a boxed one

What is it you're trying to do anyway? Just get a ballpark estimate and then you're going to buy them or are you trying to sell yours? I don't get it.

If you have to go through all this you have no clue what you're doing anyway..do some damn research for your self. some sell for a bit more then the others and some for less. You're obviously wanting to take the cheap route and that road is long and hard... if you want to pick them up for real... just do it already...

In closing just suck it up and realize that you're going to put out around $500 to $800 for each of these.... (prices fluctuate)

:moon

:wave

What is it you're trying to do anyway? Just get a ballpark estimate and then you're going to buy them or are you trying to sell yours? I don't get it.

im not trying to sell them i am only want to know if i paid the same amount of money as the rest of the people and was not rip off , and yes i own some of them now

If you have to go through all this you have no clue what you're doing anyway..do some damn research for your self. some sell for a bit more then the others and some for less. You're obviously wanting to take the cheap route and that road is long and hard... if you want to pick them up for real... just do it already...

In closing just suck it up and realize that you're going to put out around $500 to $800 for each of these.... (prices fluctuate)

research??? and what do you think is this?i can easily see that you are selling some items whiout even ask and just dont want other people like me that just started collectin them to know , am i right ?? just take it easy , is just a question dont take it personal , remember at the end they are only plastic toys

Back