EXO-6 Star Trek "The Next Generation" Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I received Data today and he looks very good to me. But there is a weird flaw on the gold part of the shirt. It's a faint line that looks like a snag but doesn't seem to be. It's like a faint white line. I cannot even photograph it properly. So I don't think I could reasonably demonstrate a need for a replacement. But every time I look at it I see an annoying line on the shirt.

snag.jpg

Last edited:
I received Data toady and he looks very good to me. But there is a weird flaw on the gold part of the shirt. It's a faint line that looks like a snag but doesn't seem to be. It's like a faint white line. I cannot even photograph it properly. So I don't think I could reasonably demonstrate a need for a replacement. But every time I look at it I see an annoying line on the shirt.

View attachment 685293
Could be a sewing line. When Hot Toys released their Royal Guard years ago, many had blue lines used in cutting and sewing still on the robe. Just a guess.

I’ve seen that kind of an imperfection on other sixth scale figures occasionally. Don’t usually let it bother me.

Could be a sewing line. When Hot Toys released their Royal Guard years ago, many had blue lines used in cutting and sewing still on the robe. Just a guess.

I did try to dry brush it off and nothing. It seems to me to be a tiny flaw in the weave.

I’ve seen that kind of an imperfection on other sixth scale figures occasionally. Don’t usually let it bother me.

Yes I am trying to convince myself nothing is perfect. Just means my Data is special...different than all the others. I will handle it with my usual quiet dignity and grace.

grace.gif

Last edited:
Hopefully Geordi’s paint looks better in hand. I mean Sisko turned out pretty well and is a black character. Geordi definitely does have a very brown/chocolate look though.

That is a valid point, this may be the only time this crew gets made. You’ve convinced me to go with the Standard. TNG is my holy grail so all in we go.
I try to think of it like this:
How many of these are we thinking will be sold? Most HOts toys figs are produced in the 2,000-3,000 range.
Let's be generous and say 2,500 for Geordi.
2500 x 235 = $587,000
Now take half (or more) for materials and production costs.
$293,000.
Now take into acount: Electricity, warehouse rental, internet services, worker's comp tax, travel expenses, advertising, etc, etc.
So take another 40%.
$176,000 or so left.
Then employee payments. That depends on how many employees, of course, and how much they make.
Then take into account licensing fee. I have no idea what that would be.
End of the day? This is a niche product in a niche market. Nanjin isn't making tons of cash off of this. $235 sounds like a lot until you start to consider the costs of running that company.

Nanjin posted this pic of both figures. This is a big height difference right? A random Google search, looks like they were closer in height.
:unsure:

1000009832.jpg

1000009833.jpg

He does look a bit shrimpy, but the pic could possibly be exaggerating the difference. We'd need a flat side-by-side to be sure.

1706195445121.png

Yeah, in every photo I see of Levar and Brent standing together on a level surface shows Levar hitting Brent at about mid forehead.

Not sure if Geordi is too short, or if Data is too tall. He dwarfs my QMX Picard, but I don't think it's useful to compare EXO to QMX because EXO seems to be taking much greater care to match figure bodies to the actual actors/characters. Something NT said was one of the most frustrating things working with QMX was their predilection to use standardly available bodies for as many figures as reasonable with as few customs as possible.

That said, we may need some ankle extenders for Geordi if the height difference is actually as severe as the ONE photo we currently have of the two together.

Yeah Levar is fairly short at 5'7, but in all the TNG pics out there his eye line is still about level with Brent's nose. And not his freakin chin. (And thats even in full body shots, not just closeups where they might have had Levar up on a platform.)

While I wait for my Data to ship from Sideshow someday, I've been working on an accessory for him. Or rather, furniture.
Here's my 1/6 scale ops station, a seat now waiting for an ass.

wJBejsnl.jpg

I didnt want to deal with stenciling a bunch of different colors so I was content with just going with gold for the screens, I feel it gives off the right general impression. At least, good enough for me. I wanted to use as little paint as possible, both for my sanity and to avoid anything rubbing off on the figure, so the only things painted are the gold LCARS.
Maybe I'll get around to adding the red stickers too but for the moment that's another problem I don't feel like tackling yet.

I modeled it in Blender with a couple structural modifications to make it easier to 3D print, this is a render of the original file:
BUPudZHl.jpg

I don't really have the room for such an elaborate display for this figure but I was jonesing for an uncomplicated printing project and this seemed like it would be fun. I'll find the room somewhere!

Last edited:
While I wait for my Data to ship from Sideshow someday, I've been working on an accessory for him. Or rather, furniture.

wJBejsnl.jpg

I didnt want to deal with stenciling a bunch of different colors so I was content with just going with gold for the screens, I feel it gives off the right general impression. At least, good enough for me. I wanted to use as little paint as possible, both for my sanity and to avoid anything rubbing off on the figure, so the only things painted are the LCARS.
Maybe I'll get around to adding the red stickers too but for the moment that's another problem I don't feel like tackling yet.

I modeled it in Blender with a couple structural modifications to make it easier to 3D print.
BUPudZHl.jpg

I don't really have the room for such an elaborate display for this figure but I was jonesing for an uncomplicated printing project and this seemed like it would be fun. I'll find the room somewhere!
Really cool !

wJBejsnl.jpg

I didnt want to deal with stenciling a bunch of different colors so I was content with just going with gold for the screens, I feel it gives off the right general impression. At least, good enough for me. I wanted to use as little paint as possible, both for my sanity and to avoid anything rubbing off on the figure, so the only things painted are the LCARS.

I modeled it in Blender with a couple structural modifications to make it easier to 3D print.
BUPudZHl.jpg

I’d pay good money for that!

Back