EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m betting CBS/Paramount are wanting to push some merchandise from the new shows.

Got to ram all that stuff into the production schedule at some point...

giphy.gif

:lol

If Nanjin's schedule is as tight as he says it is, this news makes me very happy. Because I don't care for Discovery either, and I can take a break!

Ok, MAYBE Saru - MAYBE. But that's it. And I'd pose him with the Strange New Worlds figures anyway.
That's no break. I am saving the Quantum Torpedos on a later date. A delay only means a bigger explosion.

Disco is absolutely not a difficult decision for any Trek fans, either you like or you don't. Even grey areas are clear cut.

Discovery will play out their part in my Great Plan and also one of the important step that I must take. Furthermore, EXO-6 actually couldn't exist without Discovery. Someday I will tell why.

Like I mentioned before, just like Dr Strange in Infinity War, I have ran through many scenarios. What I am doing now is the best possible way for EXO-6 to have a 5 years minimum lifespan.

I expecting to lose a few battles, but counting on the final win.

Last edited:
I’m betting CBS/Paramount are wanting to push some merchandise from the new shows. Still it is a tad unfortunate that the announcement for Discovery is what we’re getting for the 55th Anniversary.
I was told Alex Kurtzman was looking for my Disco figures at SDCC 2019 😊
Not EVERYONE is into Mando. And not everyone "doesn`t want to touch First Order with a ten foot poll". Okay?
I`d trade all the Mando line for one General Hux figure.

Let`s give Discovery figures a chance. What if the fans are waiting. Nanjin haven`t believed he will need a big quantity of Janeway and look, what has happened. Let`s may be be kinder and more careful with words?
This is the fun part from my point of view. I am so bold that I am creating chaos in the known universe and I am also venturing into the unknown.

This is the first taste of an easy decision for your guys, and most likely the only one. Reactions are exactly what I expected. 😅

1/6 Trek took another step forward.

Why today though? Today is the 55th anniversary of Star Trek and you announced this?

Discovery is TERRIBLE!

I knew the streak would be broken sometime.

Not EVERYONE is into Mando. And not everyone "doesn`t want to touch First Order with a ten foot poll". Okay?
I`d trade all the Mando line for one General Hux figure.

Let`s give Discovery figures a chance. What if the fans are waiting. Nanjin haven`t believed he will need a big quantity of Janeway and look, what has happened. Let`s may be be kinder and more careful with words?

You’re right that I’ve used inaccurate descriptors. The vast super-majority is different from literally everyone.

On the other hand, you’ve proven my point. Trek merchandise is going to have a similar problem as Star Wars merchandise. There’s a lane that will sell itself. There is a lane with voracious fans that will surprise the vendors. There is stuff the studio wants to push on us that is going to have issues. And on the whole, different eras of storytelling will correlate with these trends.

That also doesn’t mean that for the difficult stuff there isn’t avenues of potential success. I would be willing to wager that Dark Rey would have been more successful for Hot Toys than the Rey or Kylo we recently got. Likewise I am sure nanjin could find bold choices instead of ‘safe’ choices for new trek. The real question is if those choices line up with the merchandising desires of Paramount.

Why today though? Today is the 55th anniversary of Star Trek and you announced this?

Discovery is TERRIBLE!

I knew the streak would be broken sometime.
I am jumping the gun. That annoucement didn't go through approval. Approval department is a Void. Things disappear once sent to the Void.

If DSC aren't your taste, don't even need to brother looking at the figure. Samething will happen for the coming Trek. If you don't like twok or ST6, then move on. Don't look back.

Just don't missed out the Characters that you want (if approval are fast enough)

If you missed it, then you have missed it unless you pay eBay price.

Pay attention, I can't help you if the production quantities are sold out. We can't afford to go back and do a 2nd run. I only have 4 years left.

Anyone who honestly thought there wouldn't be Discovery figures isn't a serious person. There's more Star Trek out there now than ever before, some of the merch is gonna represent the new stuff.

I am jumping the gun. That annoucement didn't go through approval. Approval department is a Void. Things disappear once sent to the Void.

If DSC aren't your taste, don't even need to brother looking at the figure. Samething will happen for the coming Trek. If you don't like twok or ST6, then move on. Don't look back.

Just don't missed out the Characters that you want (if approval are fast enough)

If you missed it, then you have missed it unless you pay eBay price.

Pay attention, I can't help you if the production quantities are sold out. We can't afford to go back and do a 2nd run. I only have 4 years left.

I will look at everything. Love for the character is not the only reason I get a figure. There are some figures I bought, because they were amazing on their own. And there are some figures I didn`t buy, even if I loved the character, because I hated the sculpt, or how they are generally done. Some figures I want to have simply because they are beautiful, like works of art. Does anyone else do that?

I watch Discovery, but wouldn't consider myself as big a fan of the series compared to the other incarnations. However that being said there are at least 5 characters I'd pick up just for shelf presence & unique look..Saru for example

I won't be buying anything of Discovery. I hate that show with passion. It will be a shame seeing figures of them before other TOS, TNG and etc characters but it is what it is.

I will look at everything. Love for the character is not the only reason I get a figure. There are some figures I bought, because they were amazing on their own. And there are some figures I didn`t buy, even if I loved the character, because I hated the sculpt, or how they are generally done. Some figures I want to have simply because they are beautiful, like works of art. Does anyone else do that?
Yeah I do this occasionally. The latest being Jamie Lannister in season 7 armour. He's not one of my favourites but damn that armour is beautiful

Discovery is ****. There I said it.

I don't care for Discovery either, and I can take a break!

I’m actually kind of glad Discovery is up next, because that means I can take a break.

no one wants to touch the new era with a ten foot poll (Disco vs First Order).

Exactly. Shockingly bad show.

For the 55th anniversary, instead of the classic characters, let's do stuff from the show that s#!!$ all over Roddenberry's vision.

Not gonna lie, very disappointed. I figured since TOS is the only Trek that is actually 55 years old, we'd get a TOS character. IMO, DISCO should have been LAST out of the gate.

l it is a tad unfortunate that the announcement for Discovery is what we’re getting for the 55th Anniversary.
But according to Disco canon Michael Burnham (Spock's sister) was always there from the go, in fact she is the reason Spock was such a great character, it's only thanks to her, Spock is who he is, and she retroactivly is, and has always been the greatest influence and reason Trek is great, was and will always be, past, present and now future, all thanks to her!:lol

Hence TOS 55th Anniversary figure is likely her.

Last edited:
FC, Voyager and Discovery are merely appetisers for main course.

Nothing on the menu's made me hungry yet. The first two meals looked so unappetising that they almost put me off the restaurant altogether.

Think on it like this: the chefs in the kitchen are honing their skills for the banquet that's sure to come.

Nothing on the menu's made me hungry yet. The first two meals looked so unappetising that they almost put me off the restaurant altogether.

Think on it like this: the chefs in the kitchen are honing their skills for the banquet that's sure to come.
Maybe you should consider another restaurant 😁

This is a Restaurant of Creations., not Wendy's, not Ruth Steak House, and surely not Denny's which can serve hundreds at the same time; no T-Bone steaks, no hamburger, no salt and pepper on the table, no 2 eggs sunny side up.

This restaurant serves dishes that won't exist ever after or in another restaurant even in the future. Each dish is specially prepared for the audiences sitting in front of the chef. The audiences might even have to leave the restaurant with a hungry stomach.

This restaurant is not here to satisfy what YOU “NEED” but what YOU as a Trek fan WANT.

The restaurant is not here to take care of your hunger or but an entire Kitchen of Staffs are here to Satisfy your Taste.

If you are just hungry or just like visual presentations or atmospheric environments, then Denny's or that classy restaurant might fit your “need” better.

I am becoming metaphoric again 😊 Because everyone is reacting as they should be. Our approach is correct.

In human language, “You build YOUR own 1/6 Trek collection as you like.” instead of traditional Trek merchandise, waiting in line for an unknown “possibility” to have one.

Last edited:
It seems like a vicious cycle of every Star Trek series: "It sucks and it stinks. Not going to put up with this trash!" (maybe not with Enterprise?)

Seen only one season of Discovery (binged watched it and I found it not too bad. Have not seen the second or third) and will not pass over a figure of Michelle Yeoh either her regular uniform or in the Mirror verse one.

Maybe you should consider another restaurant 😁

Depends what's on the menu at a particular time.

My list indicates I've eaten from over seventy of them, though it's probably about fifty when you consider some of the owners are operating under different names. lol

Anyone who honestly thought there wouldn't be Discovery figures isn't a serious person. There's more Star Trek out there now than ever before, some of the merch is gonna represent the new stuff.
Yup, like it or not it's the current flagship Trek series (that's about to start its 4th season) , so of course there are going to be figures from it. And I think it would be a glaring omission if there weren't.

Last edited:

You know... I actually had quite similar thoughts, as you. Was quietly disappointed with both first and second announcements. Love the character of Data, but quite disgusted by all the Borg patch-work theme. Love the character of Picard, but found the sculpt off and to angry for my liking. Of all the choices Trek has to offer.. ugh! But I got Data, because who knew if there ever be another one. And got Picard, as an accessory to that Data (yeah). And you know, what? Love them both SO MUCH! Data is awesome, creepy sculpt included. And that accessory guy with an off sculpt? I can`t put him down. And love his expression the most, because it shows such pain and determination, I get chills every time I look him in the eye. Both figures come so close to embodying the feel of the particular movie, it has me in awe. Life is strange. Who knew two "meh" announcements will turn into so much joy?

Back