EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The email I received announcing the Data pre-order date was showing as from “Charmaine” in the senders name. Almost thought it was some sort of spam or junk, but luckily I didn’t just delete it and realized it was actually EXO-6.

Hey all! I'm playing catch up and I have some questions about the line that may have already been answered. 1) Is this a continuation of the QMX line, or a brand new series? More specifically, is EXO-6 going to make their own Kirk, Spock, Picard, etc. or do I need to hunt for the QMX ones? 2) Will this license cover the whole franchise or just TOS/TNG? Are we gonna get DS9, Voy, Ent, Disc, and SNW?

If we're doing First Contact, how about some of these?

1a.jpg

FB_IMG_1612055678227.jpg

I realise that TMP figures are unlikely and a long way off but I finally got a uniform for my custom TMP CPO Rand.

I sort of expect to see that Spock from TMP that Nanjin teased a while back in the QMX thread. Hopefully we get at least that along with Kirk and McCoy from TMP. Maybe Decker and Illia too.

I sort of expect to see that Spock from TMP that Nanjin teased a while back in the QMX thread. Hopefully we get at least that along with Kirk and McCoy from TMP. Maybe Decker and Illia too.
Yes I think Admiral Kirk and Vulcan robe Spock are entirely possible and an Ilia Probe is possible for the next anniversary in maybe 4 years time but there are many MANY figures I would expect and hope to see before then. Qmx screwed us on any TMP love when they passed on the 40th.

I'd definitely be happy with some TMP offerings in sixth scale!

Since EXO-6 increases artistic phaser power by channeling it through the main engines, if they go into anti-matter imbalance because of lack of interest in TMP figures -- the artistic phasers would be automatically cut off. I trust us Trekkies who love TMP can nursemaid Captain Nanjin through these difficulties, mister?

Try venting the plasma from the warp nacellez . That might disrupt the gravimetric distortion long enough to create a temporal vortex for us to go back to SD 7412.6

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

Try venting the plasma from the warp nacellez . That might disrupt the gravimetric distortion long enough to create a temporal vortex for us to go back to SD 7412.6

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

EXO-6 is creating a temporal vortex -- time travel!
Soon, they will begin to assimilate Earth with billions of amazing, hyper-realistic Star Trek figures in 6th-scale. Resistance is not only futile, but desirable!!

Re: EXO-6 "Star Trek" 1/6 Line

To those of you who like TMP, the more power to you. As for me, I didn't like the costumes, the plot, or much of anything about it except that incredible Constitution class refit.

Now let's talk TWOK through the Undiscovered Country, those were cool uniforms and some good stories.

As for Data, I was so excited for this release and I like this HS but now, looking at my display space, my savings account, and my priorities, I want a crew in a matching uniform. It could have been FC but honestly the iconic look is TNG. So, I think if I examine my collecting priorities, 2 figures in a FC uniform is not it, and I'm not digging the previews of the Picard HS. I might throw in and get it because I want to support this new venture, I don't mind the look of FC, and I like this figure in general, but I guess I'm on the fence about it when I think about the long term and do i want to have a FC display. In addition, i rarely buy statues and I'm just not that into the borg, so the Queen is out for me.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

I’ve grown to be more of a fan of The Motion Picture over time. I like a lot about it actually. Firstly the score is amazing and iconic. The refit of the Enterprise is great, and I love the big reveal scene with Kirk and Scotty taking the shuttle pod to it. The slow pan with the score is one of my favorite scenes in anything Star Trek. I also like how the crew doesn’t just fall right back into place. There’s a bit of getting reacquainted with not only each other, but with the Enterprise and their roles a bit.

Goldsmith's Trek scores are amazing. James Horner's sum up the original crew even more for me. Wrath of Khan's score is jawdropping.

To those of you who like TMP, the more power to you. As for me, I didn't like the costumes, the plot, or much of anything about it except that incredible Constitution class refit.

Now let's talk TWOK through the Undiscovered Country, those were cool uniforms and some good stories.

As for Data, I was so excited for this release and I like this HS but now, looking at my display space, my savings account, and my priorities, I want a crew in a matching uniform. It could have been FC but honestly the iconic look is TNG. So, I think if I examine my collecting priorities, 2 figures in a FC uniform is not it, and I'm not digging the previews of the Picard HS. I might throw in and get it because I want to support this new venture, I don't mind the look of FC, and I like this figure in general, but I guess I'm on the fence about it when I think about the long term and do i want to have a FC display. In addition, i rarely buy statues and I'm just not that into the borg, so the Queen is out for me.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

That's cool. This is an art form, which like all art, is subjective. I think that EXO-6 will produce a wide array of choices from many Star Trek eras we can pick from. I definitely want to see a lot of TWOK thru TUC in sixth scale, but a few from TMP would be icing on the cake in my humble opinion. This hobby does require discipline when on a budget, and even more patience. I think we'll all be pleased with the options we will have for purchase. This is a great time to be a Star Trek collector!

Personally the TWOK to TUC uniform are my favourite of any Trek uniform.
Still at the least I'd be up for the trio from TMP Kirk in his Admiral attire, Spock in grey with vulcan robe and McCoy in the medical tunic.
Regarding the upcoming figures of Picard, Data & Borg Queen being inclusive. Does that mean we'll never get the rest of the crew in FC uniforms?

FB_IMG_1612131761676.jpg

I tried a different body. Apart from the unsightly nipples I think the longer neck improves the likeness. Hopefully her boobs won't be so noticeable at the back like the promo pics.

At least she won't have to get Kirk to look at her legs any more.

I think that EXO-6 will produce a wide array of choices from many Star Trek eras we can pick from.

I would genuinely like to see this, but i would like to see the initial releases as solid broadly appealing picks. My worry is that EXO will focus on too many eras and characters and the business model will fall apart before its begun because its hard to collect a line of only one or two, be waiting for the others for years, and not see any further releases (see eg: QMx releases in Supernatural, Princess Bride, TNG, Firefly, for example). I suppose its really just armchair quarterbacking at this point, if they think they can make money on a release they will do it, or not. I just hope they go for the big iconic crews first and fill in the others as capital and demand warrant.

For example, there were solid custom headsculpts of Ilia and Decker made this year, I'm just not sure they are really popular enough to warrant a licensed release.

I like the idea of getting a wide range of characters throughout the various iterations of Star Trek, but I do agree a bit that the scattered approach seems a bit risky. I hope it doesn’t just become sets of these characters in these uniforms and then no others released repeatedly. Like for instance only Kirk, Spock, and McCoy from TOS, TMP, the other TOS films with the red uniforms, and Kelvin timeline or same for Picard and Data from TNG and the TNG movies. I would kind of prefer getting complete crews from TOS, TNG, etc.

Back