EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess that makes sense about her head and upper body area being removable from the body. Not sure if I’m interested in buying the Borg Queen anyways. Have to see how it looks and the price.

Very interesting set of initial release figures. I'm pretty much in for all figures, so excited to see these new character renditions.

Borg Queen statue has me very curious to see how she is done.

I'm guessing the big issue with the Queen is that sculpted chest and neck area, which would require either a whole new upper body or a rubbery sculpted piece to fit over an existing female body, which would just make it too thick. I'd be fine with a statue if it's well executed and could pass for a 1/6 figure, although it would be nice to at least get some head articulation if nothing else.

Really excited for the FC Picard as well. Sculpt appears much better than the previous QMX version.

fdf1da5ecd1b50c8d830835c3d5981c3.jpg

Re: EXO-6 "Star Trek" 1/6 Line

Really excited for the FC Picard as well. Sculpt appears much better than the previous QMX version

I disagree. I like the QMx sculpt. Side-by-side with the FC poster, this one looks a lot older... I'm not really digging the likeness in this Picard HS, and I hope it is updated before it goes into production.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Hot Toys recently did Alita who has almost a similar style to the Borg Queen in her one outfit. Not sure what it would have taken, but I think it could have been done in some way. Maybe it was cost prohibitive or something.

I never really liked the idea of the 'Borg Queen' in a collective. Seems like an oxymoron. I know the filmmakers needed a central villain -- and I understand the idea of the collective having a 'single voice' represented by the Queen... but I do wish there was a more inventive and original idea to express that need.

Yeah, that initially bothered me as well. If anything, the "Queen" would just be a point of contact for the collective and not necessarily the "leader". But I ended up accepting it to something similar to an ant colony. The collective being the borg (ants)...

Wonder if the Picard figure will have more than one look. There’s the standard uniform, but he also wears that vest type uniform in First Contact too.

EBF6571E-D116-47C3-BD7A-32C45650555E.jpeg

Damn shame the Queen is a statue.
Plenty of figures out there have rubber skins over articulation in the neck area (HT WW for one), and the rest of the outfit is not beyond anything that cane done.
Other than a possible high development cost, I see no reason why she couldn't be made as a figure... unless the separate torso is a must-have feature for fans.

I’m curious to see how they handle the Borg Queen. Very much on the fence as to whether I’ll get her or not. Depends on the pricing and how it looks.

I can't speak for anyone else, but as far as figures go, I'd rather have nothing than have a statue. Not so for large format beasts like Tauntan or Dewback (for example), but I'd never buy a statue of any ST or SW figure at any price. I dislike statues with extreme passion - and busts are an order of magnitude more offensive. :gah:

Re: EXO-6 "Star Trek" 1/6 Line

You know me, how can you miss out. Ring my bell if you have problems.

You and I and a few others have been friends here for a decade. Wouldn't let you feel anywhere close to disappointment.

There won't be exclusive versions because we are new company. No one knows us. Exclusive will have a problem.

Data and Picard will be action figures, but the Queen will be statue. We believe in statue for, Queen can be presented correctly.

Data will arrive within 4 months and Picard will be here before summer. Warp speed turnaround time!

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

Awesome!!! Can?t wait. And thanks again for sharing the journey in getting these figures and 1/6 Trek made.

Nanjin,
I just have to pay a 20$ deposit on Monday to preorder?
Will Payment be possible with PayPal or just credit cards from Germany?

I?m sure to get Picard and Data. The Borg Queen, probably not as I?m not into statues at all.

To be fair, before getting TNG, I would have preferred having the TOS line finished, but I?m sure this will come later.

By the way, Nanjin, I subscribed to Exo-6 newsletter day one and somehow, I?m not getting the mails, even after a second attempt.

I?m sure to get Picard and Data. The Borg Queen, probably not as I?m not into statues at all.

To be fair, before getting TNG, I would have preferred having the TOS line finished, but I?m sure this will come later.

By the way, Nanjin, I subscribed to Exo-6 newsletter day one and somehow, I?m not getting the mails, even after a second attempt.
PM me your email address, I will check why. Can it be in your junk box?

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

Back