EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: EXO-6 "Star Trek" 1/6 Line

I hope there is zero reuse of the sculpts Nanjin has had for years of certain characters. I've seen his First Contact Data and TNG Picard sculpt in a FC uniform. I am looking forward to all new amazing sculpts.
All heads are newly done for EXO-6 in the past 6 months and beyond. All heads need to go through a few times of likeness refinements before approval and continue improving after approval if we have any opportunities.

Paint references are done by some top painters in US, Korea, and in China.

Is a huge disgrace for me if these new figures are only at par with the previous versions. They will be miles beyond what were previously done.

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk

All heads are newly done for EXO-6 in the past 6 months and beyond. All heads need to go through a few times of likeness refinements before approval and continue improving after approval if we have any opportunities.

Paint references are done by some top painters in US, Korea, and in China.

Is a huge disgrace for me if these new figures are only at par with the previous versions. They will be miles beyond what were previously done.

Can't wait! Hoping for info like license plans and others in waves, if there is a theme, or random figures throughout the year!

Will it be a full reveal tomorrow of the character, accessories & all or something like a half profile shot/tease?
Official anoucement of EXO-6 as part of the Star Trek franchise partner and debuting our 1st figures. Other info and what lies ahead follows this anoucement.

The figure debuting is already in production. If I under estimated the quantity, then the late joiner will be hammering their head when additional new Trek figures start showing up.

I hope he/she will be sell out in 3 weeks max.

Can't wait! Hoping for info like license plans and others in waves, if there is a theme, or random figures throughout the year!
I have everything in all Trek in 1/6 scale except Prodigy. No interest in going into any other licenses unless some good partners come along.

I am only interested in making 1/6 trek or anything that helps 1/6 trek.

Official anoucement of EXO-6 as part of the Star Trek franchise partner and debuting our 1st figures. Other info and what lies ahead follows this anoucement.

The figure debuting is already in production. If I under estimated the quantity, then the late joiner will be hammering their head when additional new Trek figures start showing up.

I hope he/she will be sell out in 3 weeks max.

So are these figures going to have a set edition size? So basically we’ll need to decide pretty quickly or risk figures selling out?

So are these figures going to have a set edition size? So basically we?ll need to decide pretty quickly or risk figures selling out?
As of now, i only have set production size. Think of it as non stop producing until I reach X amount of total figures per year.

Although I hold production, I have to non stop producing at the rear end, and non stop releasing in the frontline. Only when there's opening schedule, then I will go back to do 2nd run. 2nd run must be totally demand dependant. So lots of variables can affect 2nd run.

While the 1st run is production dependant -what my factory can produce in X amount of time, I must sell.

I think by now tomorrow, I will start hearing praises and complaints. I am looking forward to the see if the complaints are what I expected [emoji4]

Thanks for the information Nanjin! So excited!

How long do you think the turn around will be between ordering a figure and actual shipment? That was something I liked about QMX; for the most part figures shipped very soon after they were on their site (except for the issues with Scotty and Sulu).

A great mix wave wise would be to have a representation of the key officer roles per wave.

Like:

Picard
Spock
Odo
Trip Tucker
Tom Paris
Saru
Cris Rios

So you have each major show represented.

some questions sound like kids bothering their parents before xmas.
Leave poor Nanjin alone, please! Everybody will be knowing by tomorrow!

A great mix wave wise would be to have a representation of the key officer roles per wave.

Like:

Picard
Spock
Odo
Trip Tucker
Tom Paris
Saru
Cris Rios

So you have each major show represented.
That’s a really random assortment of characters outside of Picard and Spock. :lol

Yeah it's a nice mix of heavy hitters out of the gate and others. The Trek universe is really diverse and it would show the line intends to go deep from the outset. I don't expect it to be like the list but one can dream.

It's just so exciting after years of that other company doing **** all with the license.

Thanks for the information Nanjin! So excited!

How long do you think the turn around will be between ordering a figure and actual shipment? That was something I liked about QMX; for the most part figures shipped very soon after they were on their site (except for the issues with Scotty and Sulu).
Curious about this as well. If the figures are in production already will it be a shorter turn around time or will it be as long as most sixth scale releases take? I would think it would be faster than Hot Toys since EXO-6 is only focused on Star Trek and not a bunch of other franchises. At the same time though it?s probably a smaller operation.

Yeah it's a nice mix of heavy hitters out of the gate and others. The Trek universe is really diverse and it would show the line intends to go deep from the outset. I don't expect it to be like the list but one can dream.

It's just so exciting after years of that other company doing **** all with the license.

I would suggest a mix like Asmus has been doing with LOTR. They have been doing a good mix of the heavy hitters, major secondary characters and some that I wouldn?t even call secondary figures two of the three orcs they did and the two elven warriors. They also mixed in 5 characters from the Hobbit. 5 if you count the 1st Gandalf and 6 if you count Saruman who really looks the same in both series. Also all four of the hobbits have seen 2.0 versions with the heads being offered separately for those that bought the first version. They did the same with Aragorn and are now releasing a different version of him and have a 2.0 Gandalf coming soon. I am really impressed with what they have managed because of how the line died with Sideshow and how long it has been since the movies came out but Asmus has found a way to keep pumping characters out. I don?t know how big the production size is but I would imagine it is a lot lot smaller than Marvel or Star Wars and they have found a way to keep the smaller runs cheaper than Hot Toys and Sideshow?s 1/6 figures. On top of that they do interact with the boards to some degree. Granted ST will be harder to do because there are a lot more series and fans may not carry over between the series but hopefully here is a workable mix of character and series selection that works and keeps people energized for more.

Honestly I like the idea somebody else had of doing the Captains. That way you could cover all the shows, and it would be a good starting point. Odo is cool, but would I pick him first for a line of DS9 figures? Probably not. Also a character like Tom Paris I barely have interest in at all, but if Janeway came first and then him maybe I would think of adding him to go with her.

It feels like while Nanjin is dedicated to making a good line of Trek figures that he knows that he has to be strategic for it to work. I don?t think you can do that with a bunch of secondary characters. Especially not right out of the gate.

Last edited:
I agree. I would think if the first year has 4-6 figures (no clue how many he is planning on doing) you would have 3 (if he is releasing 4) or 4 (if he is releasing 6) main characters and 1 to 2 big time secondary figures like Uhura or Q or someone like that.

Back