EXO-6 Star Trek "General Discussion" 1/6 Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As I've said before, if I wanted to go wide and appeal to as many fans as possible all at once, I'd be kicking off my plans with all the Captains first, at least for TOS, TNG, DS9, Voyager and Enterprise (best choice for the new era shows like Discovery and Picard is a harder call imo...also depending on what shows/movies the initial focus is on), as that would be both a valid display/collection in itself, and also act as a gateway drug to temp people into starting/collecting other lines/shows they otherwise may have skipped once the line(s) start to widen out afterwards.

Also, I just think it's harder to launch each Trek show sub-line with anyone other than the Captain, as in the early days people are always worried if a line will last, or if they might end up with only a couple of characters before things fall over. And while Captains can always stand alone or in force and still look good in my view, few other characters, even beloved ones, can do likewise working as solo or hodgepodge cross-show representation.

Still, that's just me. What EXO-6 will do, who knows. Guess we'll find out soon.

Personally, I'm not interested in the newer shows such as Discovery or Picard but I still think that some figures would sell well, in limited numbers.

With so many films and television series, there is a large well to draw from.

Excited to see EXO-6's launch.

https://youtu.be/E2nJy1exL14

I wanted so badly to like Picard. Such a disappointment of a show though. Can’t even bring myself to purchase the Blu-ray set let alone figures. Discovery isn’t for me either. I only want TOS through ENT personally.

TWOK is the one if Tam pulls it off.

Sadly, we have seen so much cryptic
messages and tease for years I am
hopeful but who knows.

Re: EXO-6 "Star Trek" 1/6 Line

TWOK would be my grails. Someday for all of us that missed the first limited run. In the meantime, here's my $ for Data.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

After studying the teaser gif more, I'm almost certain that the uniform on the figure is a gold one and that the red and blue are edited images. Therefore the likely candidates are Data, Geordi, or O'Brien. With Data having been a previously teased figure and having a major roll on Picard, that would be my guess.
I think you’re right about the red and blue being edited images. The red especially looks edited. Almost positive the first release is going to be Data. Very excited for the reveal!!

I wanted so badly to like Picard. Such a disappointment of a show though. Can’t even bring myself to purchase the Blu-ray set let alone figures. Discovery isn’t for me either. I only want TOS through ENT personally.

I liked Picard, but it could have been so much better. Discovery is unwatchable.

Just got the official email announcement from EXO6 with link, figure looks amazing! Well done nanjin, well done!

Last edited:
Cheaper than other figures, but I thought it was going to be closer to the $160 mark. Data looks pretty good. Not a complete knockout, but I will pre-order when it’s available.

Seems a pretty random choice. Would rather have had a TNG Data to go with Picard.

The sculpt is good, but the grey part of the uniform seems a bit too thick and looks more like a shawl rather than sitting flush to the arms.

139337169_228905702160000_7322900757836135733_o.jpg

46534b51afcc5c04.png

Re: EXO-6 "Star Trek" 1/6 Line

Data looks awesome. Very exciting for EXO-6's first release, and I'll definately be getting him when I find out where I can PO him. By far, the most solid choice for a first release, considering the wide array of Star Trek interests, the figures previously released by (now) competitors, and the responses to Nanjin's surveys, though some may quibble about what the proper uniform for him should be.

I, too, am surprised by the higher price point, which is likely tied to the second portrait, and to be honest, I could do without the second portrait. It is very niche and not something I, personally, would display. I think it would be better for a deluxe release rather than wrapped into a one-size fits all release.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

I will order this 2 very nice HS for under $200 is a good deal these days. The soft goods look good too. Will be glad to have DATA in my ST collection.

Thanks Nanjin!

Back