Exclusive Ringwriath Animaquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Weird how you can never have seen something and have no knowlege of what it represents and still love the creativity behind it. I love that and have no clue what it is :)

Say whaaaa C1, have you never seen the animated Hobbit ... for shame! :horror

:D

:eek::eek: that my first time i see it too. :monkey3:monkey3

The Hobbit 'toon was my first exposure to Tolkien :rock2

I remember seeing the ad for the special in the TV guide when I was a kid. You bet your ass I made sure to catch it when it aired. No Tivo back in the 70's..

Still love the 'toon, but can't handle the music :lol

Yeah, it may be aimed at "kids" but it is still a classic and was the only thing we had for many decades! I was in my Freshman year at Vanderbilt when this came out (along with the first publishing of the Silmarillion) and most of us Tolkien fans gathered at the biggest TV around in one of the public lounge areas; it was packed with standing room only!!! :rock

Received mine from the 24.99 special. Nice piece and it is big. Looks like its up to 77.99 now.

Does anyone know if there are plans to release more of the main fellowship characters in this animated style?

We have Legolas, Gimli and Gandalf already. And I've see the Saruman. But not aware of any others.

Received mine from the 24.99 special. Nice piece and it is big. Looks like its up to 77.99 now.

Does anyone know if there are plans to release more of the main fellowship characters in this animated style?

We have Legolas, Gimli and Gandalf already. And I've see the Saruman. But not aware of any others.

Line is CANCELLED...before they got us Aragorn or the hobbits. :monkey2

They only gave us 6 figures before cancelling, Saruman, Gandalf, Legolas, Gimli, Ringwraith on Steed and Twilight Ringwraith.

Line is CANCELLED...before they got us Aragorn or the hobbits. :monkey2

They only gave us 6 figures before cancelling, Saruman, Gandalf, Legolas, Gimli, Ringwraith on Steed and Twilight Ringwraith.

Well...... POOP!! But thanks for the info Indy.

I wonder if there was even any concept art for the rest before cancellation? Might be possible to get some sculpts done.

I have all of the animated LOTR statues (except for this exclusive, since it's so similar to the regular), and it is pretty annoying not to have the core characters like the hobbits or Aragorn. Still, I got them all really cheap on clearance, and that probably wouldn't have been possible unless the line had ended.

Got mine today and I am surprised. For a GG piece it's fairly well done with no paint flaws I can find. I also makes a nice change to the display cabinet. Since it's not polystone, it's also a little lighter on the shelf weight for similar sized SC stuff. (it's about the size of the gandalf lsb). While I'm not a huge animated fan, ( I only have the Leia/artoo piece) this does look good on display. I did get number 34 out of 500, so I really can't complain at 24$.

To be honest, I'm not sure, I thought it was a resin piece. It just feels lighter. The box is around the same size as the gandalf lsb, so that's my closest comparison.

This was an interesting line but there were too many other options for collectors' $$$ for it to take off. I picked up Saruman but didn't go on from there - I do agree that finishing the Fellowship or at least some sort of subset of characters would have added excitement for this concept. I do like the Saruman I have, though.

I have the non-exclusive one and I thought it was polystone. Seemed relatively heavy as I recall, but I'm not sure.

GG seems to use a material similar to polystone but it is slightly more like porcelain; you can tell normally with their paint apps.

Back