Exclusive Grievous in 3-5 Days!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That sucks Tom!! You may want to call SS CS and see if they will work something out and switch you to UPS.

FedEx doesn't start delivery again until Tuesday, so I have to wait until then to see if it gets back on track with a rescheduled delivery time. 48 hours after that I can begin to pursue it if it is still MIA.

I wish that this was unprecedented! Usually when this happens, it turns out that FedEx delivered it to the wrong city/state. But with any luck, it's not lost and will only be three days late. (If you consider that lucky...) :D

Well, at least this isn't happening with a piece that I am really excited about! It would be really hard if my anticipation was already at an insane level to begin with!!! :rotfl

I feel like a big piece of taffy, being stretched out and out and out--and just when you think it's going to break, it gets stretched some more...

Fowler%20Taffy%20guy%20in%20action%20m.JPG

Last edited:
Mini-Rock said:
Booyah! Matt called it. :emperor

Indeed. :eek:

As for comparing a sewn cape and sculpted? Of course you can make the comparison, esp since the "cape" was created to look like cloth (CG of course) in the film. Obviously it is hard to reproduce the effect, and I think SS made the right call with the silk screening, but if something is cloth originally, you should (at least in theory) be able to reproduce that in reality.

Definitely! It should have a "quilted" look, like in the movie, rather than how it turned out in the attachement below (pic is from SF). Not even Attakus got it 100% right, but theirs turned out better.

Mini-Rock said:
Definitely! It should have a "quilted" look, like in the movie, rather than how it turned out in the attachement below (pic is from SF). Not even Attakus got it 100% right, but theirs turned out better.

I hate to say it, but that does look somewhat cheap :eek: . But given the alternative, as was described by Brant, I think I prefer the silk screening.

LOTRFan said:
I hate to say it, but that does look somewhat cheap :eek: .

That doesn't look cheap at all. :rolleyes: It in the pics at least gives the look of being quilted. While it might not be perfect it certainly doesn't look cheap.

I agree Matt. We know SS could have done much better than that. Still, I accept it for what it is...a nice little accessory. Personally, I'd lay it behind the General like ian said. Putting it on the statue would be like putting a $100 bra on a Ferrari. :lol

Mini-Rock said:
I agree Matt. We know SS could have done much better than that. Still, I accept it for what it is...a nice little accessory. Personally, I'd lay it behind the General like ian said. Putting it on the statue would be like putting a $100 bra on a Ferrari. :lol

It sounds like they did try to do it better if you feel that way but it didn't work. It is a nice accessory for the figure it makes all the difference IMO on this piece. I'll be putting mine on Grievous and be proud of it. :D :chew

jlcmsu said:
It sounds like they did try to do it better if you feel that way but it didn't work. It is a nice accessory for the figure it makes all the difference IMO on this piece. I'll be putting mine on Grievous and be proud of it. :D :chew

Then that's all that matters Josh. Congrats man. :D

Well I got Grievous Friday and left work a little early to go home and set him up.

All I can say is WOW! For any of those that passed on this, you have no idea what you're missing. This is one of the most impressive things I've ever seen. And he's huge. He's so deep he won't fit in my display case. Which is fine by me because he's on an end table all by himself and only a foot away so I can stare at delight whenever I want.

As far as the cape, it is a great accessory. Much like Maul's hood, it does tend to hide some of the detail. So I'll most likely be displaying him both ways, just like Maul.

Thank you SS for such an amazing piece. I had such high hopes for this and you blew away all my expectations.

Hah! Just got my notice so Greivous should arrive the same day as my delayed Predator - serves the driver right for not making sure I got my Predator on Saturday. Now he has to lug 2 huge packages to my door.

And now we go the round robin of whether I can catch him when he stops by.:monkey2

Darklord Dave said:
Hah! Just got my notice so Greivous should arrive the same day as my delayed Predator - serves the driver right for not making sure I got my Predator on Saturday. Now he has to lug 2 huge packages to my door.

And now we go the round robin of whether I can catch him when he stops by.:monkey2

Good luck, Dave! I still don't have an ETA on my delayed Grievous, but I hope he is on the same truck as your delayed Predator, and both will be delivered without any further delay. I am hoping to finally see him tomorrow, and FedEx has never let me down before!!

(That was some sarcasm for Batty to enjoy...)

The General has arrived and I put him together tonight.
This is just as I expected, meaning he is amazing.

With the Predator arriving this week too, it is going to be hard to split my attention.
:chew

Back