EVILFACE's Custom GIJOE: MARINE - Code Name: GUNG-HO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: EVILFACE's Custom GIJOE • Ranger - Code Name: Stalker •

Agreed. 'FACE you given Scarlett any thought?

:lecture What Xander said.

Haven't give her much thought. Curious to see what SS comes up with......

You will DO as you are TOLD!

Ski

hulk-hogan-fingers-in-ears.jpg

Re: EVILFACE's Custom GIJOE • Mortar Soldier - Code Name: Short Fuze

Since Mando sent me a package, I was able to finish up Short Fuze. Bad lighting be damned!!

Mortar is a Dragon, I think. Head is from Elite Viper.

short_fuze_01.jpg

short_fuze_02.jpg

short_fuze_03.jpg

short_fuze_04.jpg

short_fuze_05.jpg

short_fuze_06.jpg

short_fuze_07.jpg

short_fuze_08.jpg

short_fuze_09.jpg

short_fuze_10.jpg

short_fuze_11.jpg

Next up is Zap with his new pack. I also changed the bazooka to resemble a card art/figure mash up.

zap_01.jpg

zap_02.jpg

zap_03.jpg

zap_04.jpg

zap_05.jpg

zap_06.jpg

zap_07.jpg

And tweaked Hawk to have his silver webgear and pockets! I made a MMS control box, but somehow misplaced it. grrrrrrrr

hawk_01.jpg

hawk_02.jpg

hawk_03.jpg

hawk_04.jpg

hawk_05.jpg

Truly amazing!!! Dig the black mortars and Hawk's MMS control box is awesome! Hands down Zap is my favorite so far. You really nailed the green on him, 'FACE!

Truly amazing!!! Dig the black mortars and Hawk's MMS control box is awesome! Hands down Zap is my favorite so far. You really nailed the green on him, 'FACE!

Agree with this 110%!!!

Man, those look killer EF. I agree about Zap - color is spot on. Looks perfect. Favorite is 'Fuze though. My first Joe. He looks great! And the packs are 10 kinds of awesome.

Sideshow . . . HOT TOYS . . . needs to be taking notes.

Pure awesomeness.

I can't wait for my packs.

Those packs look awesome on your customs. Great job all around. Makes me wish I got the packs myself.

That's just an incredible level of dedication to accuracy Evil! :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock
Your greenshirts have to be my favorite 1:6 recreations. Hawk, Grunt, Zap, Clutch, and Breaker are just fantastic!

I only wish Sideshow cared about RAH faithfulness as much.

Can't wait to see Flash!

id kill for a BATS...loved those..
btw..love what you are doing with the classics...they have a classic, vintage feel to them..but yet a bit of modern feel to them..if that makes sense? the way they did them back in the day was weird and probably not as accurate as they should have been...but who knew...lol...i'll always have a soft spot for grunt..he was my first...straight arms and all...lol...if SSC ever made him,. i'd probably get it without thinking..lol...

i like to come back here and look at your stuff...very inspiring....

Thanks peps. It is pretty kewl seeing these guys lined up together. I need to post some pics of them in better light. Maybe invest in a lightbox or something.

Flash and 'Slam have been reworked. Designing up there chest pads.

Just waiting on SS to show what they are going to do with Scarlet and then the original group is complete!!

lightbox is easy and cheap..if you find the lights on sale at walmart or someplace, you can get them cheap(i used 3 desk lights and got them on sale for under 5 bucks each)..box is free..so you only need some poster board(1 buck or two) and there ya go...lol

Thanks peps. It is pretty kewl seeing these guys lined up together. I need to post some pics of them in better light. Maybe invest in a lightbox or something.

Flash and 'Slam have been reworked. Designing up there chest pads.

Just waiting on SS to show what they are going to do with Scarlet and then the original group is complete!!

Lightbox shmitebox, you'd get better pics in your yard. :lecture:lecture:lecture

Great job EF! Can't wait to put my Short Fuze pack together...

That's just an incredible level of dedication to accuracy Evil! :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock :rock
Your greenshirts have to be my favorite 1:6 recreations. Hawk, Grunt, Zap, Clutch, and Breaker are just fantastic!

I only wish Sideshow cared about RAH faithfulness as much.

Can't wait to see Flash!

i totally agree, awesome work, seriously awesome.
while i am loving seeing so many RAH faithful customs... the whole "if only sideshow were so faithfull" thing confuses the hell out of me! if they were, would there be any need for such awesome work? Sideshow have a totally different agenda... to sell ****... to EVERYONE... not just people who want RAH 12".
seriously, i would rather see amazing work like this than a bunch of mass produced RAH that doesnt surprise anyone coz we all know what to expect... who next? Scarlet? oh i wonder what she will look like... oh, she looks just like the card art. where would the challenge be? for individuals there is a real skill/challenge to create awesome custom figures, for companies like Sideshow i see the challenge in being the artistic license they can put into it.
just to clarify... i would rather see work from Evil, Mando, Scifi67, ultra, SF Officer (to name but a few) that is this amazingly awesome than a company like Sideshow churn them out...
so yeah... AMAZING work guys... that is all that should matter... not amazing work... wish sideshow did this... coz then EVERYONE would have RAH perfect figures... not just the lucky few!

Honestly, I think there's a medium for both. While I love the figures they do that are good representations of the classic Joes, I also love bashing the ones they won't ever touch. Best of both worlds.

Back