EVILFACE's Custom GIJOE: MARINE - Code Name: GUNG-HO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: EVILFACE's Custom GIJOE • Ranger - Code Name: Stalker •

i totally agree, awesome work, seriously awesome.
while i am loving seeing so many RAH faithful customs... the whole "if only sideshow were so faithfull" thing confuses the hell out of me! if they were, would there be any need for such awesome work? Sideshow have a totally different agenda... to sell ****... to EVERYONE... not just people who want RAH 12".
seriously, i would rather see amazing work like this than a bunch of mass produced RAH that doesnt surprise anyone coz we all know what to expect... who next? Scarlet? oh i wonder what she will look like... oh, she looks just like the card art. where would the challenge be? for individuals there is a real skill/challenge to create awesome custom figures, for companies like Sideshow i see the challenge in being the artistic license they can put into it.
just to clarify... i would rather see work from Evil, Mando, Scifi67, ultra, SF Officer (to name but a few) that is this amazingly awesome than a company like Sideshow churn them out...
so yeah... AMAZING work guys... that is all that should matter... not amazing work... wish sideshow did this... coz then EVERYONE would have RAH perfect figures... not just the lucky few!

Well, the problem is that not everyone is as talented as the guys mentioned.

Re: EVILFACE's Custom GIJOE • Mortar Soldier - Code Name: Short Fuze

Lightbox shmitebox, you'd get better pics in your yard. :lecture:lecture:lecture

I'll take em out sometime. I sleep during the day so sometimes I run out a light. :lol

Great job EF! Can't wait to put my Short Fuze pack together...

Thanks!!

i totally agree, awesome work, seriously awesome.
while i am loving seeing so many RAH faithful customs... the whole "if only sideshow were so faithfull" thing confuses the hell out of me! if they were, would there be any need for such awesome work? Sideshow have a totally different agenda... to sell ****... to EVERYONE... not just people who want RAH 12".
seriously, i would rather see amazing work like this than a bunch of mass produced RAH that doesnt surprise anyone coz we all know what to expect... who next? Scarlet? oh i wonder what she will look like... oh, she looks just like the card art. where would the challenge be? for individuals there is a real skill/challenge to create awesome custom figures, for companies like Sideshow i see the challenge in being the artistic license they can put into it.
just to clarify... i would rather see work from Evil, Mando, Scifi67, ultra, SF Officer (to name but a few) that is this amazingly awesome than a company like Sideshow churn them out...
so yeah... AMAZING work guys... that is all that should matter... not amazing work... wish sideshow did this... coz then EVERYONE would have RAH perfect figures... not just the lucky few!

SS could have made all the Greenshirts accurate to the figure/card art and included extra gear and weapons for those wanting to load them up.

Some of SS's artistic license like Firefly has worked while ones like Destro suck donkey bawls.

Agreed! Take them outside! Also when can we expect to see the rest of the MMS? :dunno

lol, MMS. Maybe. Someday. :monkey1

SS could have made all the Greenshirts accurate to the figure/card art and included extra gear and weapons for those wanting to load them up.

Some of SS's artistic license like Firefly has worked while ones like Destro suck donkey bawls.

Apart from hardcore ARAH fans do you really think there is that much call for green shirts, especially card accurate ones? Im guessing about 50% of people who bought rock n roll did so because they thought he looked awesome, if he was ARAH accurate I honestly think SS would have lost more sales overall than they would have gained. I agree with you about Firefly, but there were a LOT of complainers!
Out of interest, whats your main beef with Destro?

Yes I do. They are the backbone which ARAH started. They don't need to be all put out at once, but one here and there sure. SS already has the patterns for short/long sleeve uniforms, the webgear, boots, their helmets will work with that mount removed. There function weapon/accessory and sculpt is all that would be new. Priced well they would sell. Just like the Cobra Trooper.

Destro? :lol

Both sculpts are awful. Trench coat is lame. Vest is lame. rockets are too small. No exposed macho chest. There are some good pieces to use to make a correct Destro, but not enough to spend 200 bucks on. What sucks the most about Destro is how SS strung us along that he was delayed in offering due to geting the right body and stuff ready, but the prototype looks like a figure that could have been offered years ago.

Yes I do. They are the backbone which ARAH started. They don't need to be all put out at once, but one here and there sure. SS already has the patterns for short/long sleeve uniforms, the webgear, boots, their helmets will work with that mount removed. There function weapon/accessory and sculpt is all that would be new. Priced well they would sell. Just like the Cobra Trooper.

Both sculpts are awful. Trench coat is lame. Vest is lame. rockets are too small. No exposed macho chest. There are some good pieces to use to make a correct Destro, but not enough to spend 200 bucks on. What sucks the most about Destro is how SS strung us along that he was delayed in offering due to geting the right body and stuff ready, but the prototype looks like a figure that could have been offered years ago.

I agree, I think the original 82 line-up done this way by SS would sell HUGE! Although I am looking forward to kitbashing my way through them as life permits I would buy EF's lineup in a heartbeat!!!

Awesome work Sir! As always!

C.

Again you are both ARAH fans... as am I... but I seriously dont feel we are SS's meal ticket!
I will make & give a medal if ANYONE can make a 1/6 Destro who is ARAH perfect & doesnt look ridiculous next to real-world joes as good as yours... you have managed to balance accurate with believable.
In 1/6 scale his head looks like a crappy cheap mask or like someone has painted their head silver!
The exposed chest looks macho in a " macho macho man" village people way!

I'm not after realistic. Just detailed 1/6 versions of the toys I played with.

Again you are both ARAH fans... as am I... but I seriously dont feel we are SS's meal ticket!
I will make & give a medal if ANYONE can make a 1/6 Destro who is ARAH perfect & doesnt look ridiculous next to real-world joes as good as yours... you have managed to balance accurate with believable.
In 1/6 scale his head looks like a crappy cheap mask or like someone has painted their head silver!

This made me dig out my Original 3 3/4 Figs! :)

I think if you get right down to it the GI Joe Line is most likely the least of SSC's Income.

Last edited:

That Ex head looks perfect for Short Fuze, its awesome that your OG squad is getting so close to total completion. :rock

You really don't come off as one, not even close. :slap

Destro is and always has been awesome just as he is. :lecture

You are wrong... I am an ARAH fan, in 3 3/4.
I was about 5 when I got my first Action Force figure (im from the UK) & about 6 when I got the Repainted V.A.M.P. that was the S.A.S Panther Jeep & it came with a repainted version of Snake Eyes called Stalker (yeah, confusing) & there was also a red version of Cobra Commander as Red Lazer... after having Star Wars figures the articulation blew me away & I have been a huge fan ever since... ARAH RULES.
I have had ARAH figures for over 30 years, dont make the mistake of thinking im not an ARAH fan just because I differentiate between 3 3/4 & 1/6 scale.

Last edited:

You are wrong... I am an ARAH fan, in 3 3/4.
I was about 5 when I got my first Action Force figure & about 6 when I got the Repainted V.A.M.P. that was the S.A.S Panther Jeep & it came with a repainted version of Snake Eyes called Stalker (yeah, confusing) & there was also a red version of Cobra Commander as Red Lazer... after having Star Wars figures the articulation blew me away & I have been a huge fan ever since... ARAH RULES.
I have had ARAH figures for over 30 years, dont make the mistake of thinking im not an ARAH fan just because I differentiate between 3 3/4 & 1/6 scale.

Cool story, I am sure everyone that hears a new license announced hopes that the characters don't look like the actual property their licensing. :slap

I could tell you were a true fan as soon as you made awesome comments about "village people" Destro. :cuckoo:

Enjoy your spike headed Destro, I'm sure someone on the boards is going to offer an actual 80's Destro head for the rest of us. :clap

Well said. Especially the point about the greenshirts. :exactly:

Destro is and always has been awesome just as he is. :lecture

100% truth. :lecture:lecture:lecture:goodpost:

Cool story, I am sure everyone that hears a new license announced hopes that the characters don't look like the actual property their licensing. :slap

I could tell you were a true fan as soon as you made awesome comments about "village people" Destro. :cuckoo:

Enjoy your spike headed Destro, I'm sure someone on the boards is going to offer an actual 80's Destro head for the rest of us. :clap

I didnt say I was ordering one, or even that I liked it.
3 3/4 is a much more forgiving scale was my point... TRUE ARAH Destro is awesome.
Amazes me how aggressive/rude a couple of you are, typical I guess but atleast there are some really nice VERY helpfull people on here who realise everyone can have their own opinion.
Hasbro got their 12" figures wrong & apparently so have SS... strange how they sell pretty damn quick...

Im sorry EVILFACE, like I said before I think your figures are awesome, for me a perfect mix of ARAH & realistic to boot... wasnt my intension to get this off track.

Last edited:
Back