EVILFACE's Custom GIJOE: MARINE - Code Name: GUNG-HO

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: EVILFACE's Custom GIJOE • Mortar Soldier - Code Name: Short Fuze

Amazes me how aggressive/rude a couple of you are, typical I guess but atleast there are some really nice VERY helpfull people on here who realise everyone can have their own opinion.
Hasbro got their 12" figures wrong & apparently so have SS... strange how they sell pretty damn quick...

It's ironic because its you who comes off as more aggressive/rude, trying to shove your opinions down everybody else's throats as fact. Our issues over, first the Dragon flack vest and then the cartoon vest which you said was accurate to the cartoon (not that it was your opinion) and here where you're declaring greenshirts wouldn't see and Destro looks like a Villiage People reject. You've been a fan since they ported the knockoffs overseas but most of us have been fans since the straight-armed greenshirts were first released in '82 (and a few of us since before the 3 3/4", back when they were the Adventure Team). Give us some credit for knowing what we're talking about. :lol

It's ironic because its you who comes off as more aggressive/rude, trying to shove your opinions down everybody else's throats as fact. Our issues over, first the Dragon flack vest and then the cartoon vest which you said was accurate to the cartoon (not that it was your opinion) and here where you're declaring greenshirts wouldn't see and Destro looks like a Villiage People reject. You've been a fan since they ported the knockoffs overseas but most of us have been fans since the straight-armed greenshirts were first released in '82 (and a few of us since before the 3 3/4", back when they were the Adventure Team). Give us some credit for knowing what we're talking about. :lol

Overseas knock offs... nice.
Palitoy released Action Force... they were also responsible for Action Man... I met Bob Brechin recently who was their chief designer & a personal hero. He designed the action grip & worked on the flocked hair idea that Hasbro went on to use. How would you feel if I refered to that as "overseas knockoff"? (Dont get me wrong, i'm NOT going too!!!)
So yeah, kinda rude & aggressive.

I got to shake his left hand, which is the hand he modeled the action grip on... was kinda cool shaking the "hand" of action man!
I have made a couple of nice trades & am always willing to help people out... just because I havent agreed with everything you say it doesnt mean im just some **** who doesnt know s@#t...
Dont judge me too quickly.

:goodpost::exactly::clap

I didn't even insult him, but apparently disagreeing with him makes me "rude". :cuckoo:

So crazy of me to think that a licensed GI Joe product should actually be GI Joe. :lol

:goodpost::exactly::clap

I didn't even insult him, but apparently disagreeing with him makes me "rude". :cuckoo:

So crazy of me to think that a licensed GI Joe product should actually be GI Joe. :lol

The "cool story" comment & use of :slap & :cuckoo: were what I was refering too.
Just because a product isnt ARAH correct doesnt mean it isnt G.I. Joe... :slap:cuckoo:

The "cool story" comment & use of :slap & :cuckoo: were what I was refering too.
Just because a product isnt ARAH correct doesnt mean it isnt G.I. Joe... :slap:cuckoo:

Your skin is a little thin, the internet may not be the place for you. :dunno

Hasbro got their 12" figures wrong & apparently so have SS... strange how they sell pretty damn quick...

I don't know. Production numbers drop on every new release.

Im sorry EVILFACE, like I said before I think your figures are awesome, for me a perfect mix of ARAH & realistic to boot... wasnt my intension to get this off track.

Thanks. :lol, no harm!

Just remember there are several in this section that are longtime hardcore Joe fans that know our stuff. My first Joes were Mike Power and Bulletman in 1980 who were leftover TG&Y stock. And picked up straight arm Flash new off the shelf at Montgomery Wards. Hooked ever since.

Well I agree with Niltusk. You pick up the license, you better make what people remember.

Imagine the outrage if Sideshow gave Jedi Luke a trench coat or North Face hoodie or Hoth Han Doc Martens instead of those funky flap boots.

Imagine the outrage if Sideshow gave Jedi Luke a trench coat or North Face hoodie or Hoth Han Doc Martens instead of those funky flap boots.

:exactly::goodpost:

If SSC tried to do the equivalent to Star Wars lines, some crazed, rampant Star Wars fan would burn their building down. :lecture

SS are giving some people what they want... obviously & numbers my be dwindling but that may also reflect the economy.
If you take into account that devils due, renegades & what have you fans are also interested in SS Joes... they havent missed the mark as much as you make out is all.
My skin isn't thin because im actually not upset, actually quite amused.
Oh, you can talk the talk Nam, but so far all ive really seen you do is kiss *** or be a bully, well done.
I have collected Action Man since I could berely walk from my cousin (rip) being an awesome influence... we didnt get action team but like I pointed out, action man was hugely influencial....

:exactly::goodpost:

If SSC tried to do the equivalent to Star Wars lines, some crazed, rampant Star Wars fan would burn their building down. :lecture

Agreed... that just shows the scope they have to work on G.I.Joe... also its based on the real world.

Just remember there are several in this section that are longtime hardcore Joe fans that know our stuff. My first Joes were Mike Power and Bulletman in 1980 who were leftover TG&Y stock.

So I guess you are partial to my Avatar!
:)

This was the re-uniting of my two original Joe's after a good friend re-strung Bulletman for me! Although these guys were bought for me by my Grandmother near the end of my childhood Gi Joe days along with a Super Joe Commander and Accessories. My first GI Joe was a 1970 Sea Adventurer that I have to this day (along with 50 or more other Fuzzheads!). Been with GI Joe for a long time! in 1982 when the 3 3/4" were released it was a good thing I had a younger Brother to share with! If anyone asked I said I was buying them for him! WE still have that collection to this day as well.

Everybody has their opinions, likes and dislikes. I am just here to meet new freaks like myself, learn something, maybe teach/offer something and enjoy some crazy cool Customs!!!

C.

:goodpost::clap
To the rest of you I respect your opinions & work.
Hope I havent pissed anyone off too much.
Except Nam... only kidding, im sure hes a big cuddly bear in person.

How about taking the discussion re: the direction of SSC figures to a different thread. Best to focus on EF's awesome customs in this thread, and not veer off into a direction that takes attention away from that.

:goodpost: my bad, didnt intend for this to happen.

Here, here! Back to the awesomeness that are the "Greenshirts"!!! :exactly::clap

Re: EVILFACE's Custom GIJOE • Ranger - Code Name: Stalker •

Glad to see the whole conversation has been wrapped up here and now must move to another thread on a issue that was brought up to something I said before I could respond. :lol

Just wanted to respond.
i totally agree, awesome work, seriously awesome.
while i am loving seeing so many RAH faithful customs... the whole "if only sideshow were so faithfull" thing confuses the hell out of me! if they were, would there be any need for such awesome work? Sideshow have a totally different agenda... to sell ****... to EVERYONE... not just people who want RAH 12".
seriously, i would rather see amazing work like this than a bunch of mass produced RAH that doesnt surprise anyone coz we all know what to expect... who next? Scarlet? oh i wonder what she will look like... oh, she looks just like the card art. where would the challenge be? for individuals there is a real skill/challenge to create awesome custom figures, for companies like Sideshow i see the challenge in being the artistic license they can put into it.
just to clarify... i would rather see work from Evil, Mando, Scifi67, ultra, SF Officer (to name but a few) that is this amazingly awesome than a company like Sideshow churn them out...
so yeah... AMAZING work guys... that is all that should matter... not amazing work... wish sideshow did this... coz then EVERYONE would have RAH perfect figures... not just the lucky few!

All I care about is having awesome representations of the RAH characters on my shelf, if that means Sideshow releases more faithful representations that I don't have to do any work on or spend any extra money to make it more faithful, then who would complain.
Many of the original Joes are under detailed, a little ridiculous, and unrealistic but to me that's part of the charm. If you want ultra badass uber detailed realistic modernized Joes, it's easier to start from the quirky original and add more and change things to be realistic and modern then it is to go in reverse because so much of that modern gear has been done by other companies already. The weird Joe stuff done in a more realistic scale and higher quality doesn't exist anywhere so it must be made from scratch as Mando is doing with the Joe packs or the SB Helmets. Who the hell wants a realistic version of Wetsuit in a Black dive suit looking like a SEAL UDT which has been done by everyone many times over when it doesn't represent what I think of as Wetsuit. He's in a light green and white dive suit which has never been made anywhere and would be a real pain in the arse to make from scratch and would look like crap with most people's limited resources. Hasbro did make a similar dive helmet but it's under detailed and I believe too out of correct scale. It would be so much easier if Sideshow with it's vast resources just tried to make a faithful representation of Wetsuit and the others that want it more realistic to just look elsewhere or modify it.

I love Evil's Greenshirt interpretations and I would be happy if Sideshow gave us figures that looked the same with a few additional things to modernize them, but it's not too difficult for Sideshow to step up their game and include a more faithful Joe Helmet, backpack, and weapon, and for those that want it more realistic, to pick up a Pasgt helmet, modern backpack, and modern weapon from other manufactures if they want it modernized.
Or Sideshow could just throw in the modern stuff with our beloved oddball Joes and cover both interpretations.

Don't like goofy disco jumpsuit large red collar macho man chest chrome head Destro? That's easy, all Sideshow has to do is throw in a modern T-shirt and jacket to cover up the jumpsuit, make the red collar removable, and throw in a second more realistic looking masked head and everyone is happy! ;)

I'm done, back to Evil's awesome show!

i go to bear creek music festival for a few days and you showcase an all new green shirt and 2 reworked!:clap
Great job as usual EF! truly inspiring

i go to bear creek music festival for a few days and you showcase an all new green shirt and 2 reworked!:clap
Great job as usual EF! truly inspiring

did you see Bootsy Collins?

yes i did lol! mutha ***ka brought da funk! chale 2na took it all though

Evil, if you get to Cobra gear, I did this sculpt a couple of years ago and Bobamike made molds with separate fins. Here is the master. I never finished a gun because SS was making one and I assumed making an accurate Bludd pistol and missile rack would be pretty easy. We see how that ended up.
Anyway, if you have a good caster or Mike isn't willing to make more, I'll send you the master to save some headache.
photo_zpscb9e2fa8.jpg

Back