Everyone's Motherload of Hobbit Goodies

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks. I am not sure where to ask, but I would love to talk with anyone who has a copy of Indy's Red Book of Westmarch. Indy is away on holiday and I had a few general questions.

My drawing I will use of gollum

What questions have you got? You can pm me. I have mine wrapped up in a bin for protection, but I could probably get it out if the question needs it! :)

Got my auto version as well. I may have to take it with me to comic-con to get a few more autos if I can.

Khev - check the back of the book it has initials for comments made by the artists. I saw those two in there someplace.

IMG_7406_zpsd1605835.jpg

IMG_7404_zpsf4e06ead.jpg

IMG_7401_zpsac6f8b40.jpg

IMG_7397_zps596bdeec.jpg

IMG_7396_zpsca1fcb9a.jpg

IMG_7392_zps588d74c1.jpg

IMG_7390_zps5075bf93.jpg

Hey Josh :wave. These are very nice letter openers. I am not keen on getting the full scale swords, and I'm very pleased that HobbitShop.com which sells these NC letter openers is shipping to Australia! :yess: I'm just wondering if these letter openers have steel blades? I have the UC miniature swords; are these NC letter openers the same scale as the UC's?

Hey Josh :wave. These are very nice letter openers. I am not keen on getting the full scale swords, and I'm very pleased that HobbitShop.com which sells these NC letter openers is shipping to Australia! :yess: I'm just wondering if these letter openers have steel blades? I have the UC miniature swords; are these NC letter openers the same scale as the UC's?

Hey! :hi5: nice! That's awesome. They do. You could do some damage to someone with them. I'd say they're in the same scale. These are as I said very awesome. My Dad is so impressed with them he will end up with a set of his own.

Hey! :hi5: nice! That's awesome. They do. You could do some damage to someone with them. I'd say they're in the same scale. These are as I said very awesome. My Dad is so impressed with them he will end up with a set of his own.

They look freakin awesome

Awesome Josh, thanks for the info! I'm getting the 3 mini-swords in the box! :yess: A few more questions if you don't mind: Is the box wood or plastic? Is the window glass or plastic? Is it foam where the swords rest or plastic mold with velvet? Does it come with a stand or the box can stand on its own? Thank you!

Also, with the Map and Key of Thorin plaque, is the Key the same size as Weta's?

Oh your Dad is getting a set? Is he gonna be a collector too? :wink1: It usually starts with just one nice item and the rest is history! :lol

They do look nice, don't they Adolfo? Are you getting these? But you already have the full scale swords. I'm getting these miniature ones as they are much cheaper and the full scale take up too much space. I'm happy having the mini representation of the swords :wink1:.

That they do. :hi5:

Awesome Josh, thanks for the info! I'm getting the 3 mini-swords in the box! :yess: A few more questions if you don't mind: Is the box wood or plastic? Is the window glass or plastic? Is it foam where the swords rest or plastic mold with velvet? Does it come with a stand or the box can stand on its own? Thank you!

Also, with the Map and Key of Thorin plaque, is the Key the same size as Weta's?

Oh your Dad is getting a set? Is he gonna be a collector too? :wink1: It usually starts with just one nice item and the rest is history! :lol

No problem. :hi5: it's a great set. congrats. :rock Don't mind at all. The box is wood. It's not super high grade buts its wood. The window is plastic. It's a molded plastic with a felt like material. It can stand on its own but I want to get a small stand for it as support.

That they do. :hi5:

No problem. :hi5: it's a great set. congrats. :rock Don't mind at all. The box is wood. It's not super high grade buts its wood. The window is plastic. It's a molded plastic with a felt like material. It can stand on its own but I want to get a small stand for it as support.

Are these 1/6,1/5 or 1/4 scale?

This piece really looks stunning, but I'm still wondering why UC
keeps on making the same inaccuracy on all Sting blades:

Stings_zpscd3dd470.jpg

Can you be more clear about the innaccuracy??

Also why the difference in size here. Is the MR one full size and the others not so much?

Can you be more clear about the innaccuracy??

Also why the difference in size here. Is the MR one full size and the others not so much?

I'm referring to the way the blade slopes near the cross guard (profile taper?).

MR is hobbit scale (the scale that actors use), while UC makes human scale props (how the swords would look if they existed in real life). :)

Congrats! Both statues are really quite good. Some of Weta's best work on an individual statue.

Oh I see, the middle ridge on the real thing is not carried fully to the hilt on the UC versions. Thanks.

Also thanks for the explanation of the size differences but I have to say I am even more confused now. The MR is actor sized to be shrunk down, the UC is how it would look in real life. So the MR is too big, period. The UC is scaled right but not for a real person, so it looks rather small in our hands?

I just saw the Hobbit Heroclix...They have alot of characters even every dwarf...So cool!

Oh I see, the middle ridge on the real thing is not carried fully to the hilt on the UC versions. Thanks.

Also thanks for the explanation of the size differences but I have to say I am even more confused now. The MR is actor sized to be shrunk down, the UC is how it would look in real life. So the MR is too big, period. The UC is scaled right but not for a real person, so it looks rather small in our hands?

Yeahp! :duff Although, MR version is more accurate to what Elijah Wood held in terms of size.

Weta made different sizes for different shots. :D
Same story with the Orcrist prop.

Hey everyone! I've gotten around picking up a couple of small Weta Hobbit merchandise while some of us are experiencing a bit of a lull on upcoming Hobbit stuff such as statues or prop replicas. So, before the storm builds up again (who knows when), I've decided to get these.

Bag End Floor Plan Parchment Art Print - I've experimented here the borders with my iPad photo app.
8404165323_cbdb01e403_b.jpg

Recipes from Bad End Art Prints - Nothing so special about these, really. Would've been better if they were made of parchment with no Weta logo. They're cheap (used my Weta dollars), I'd say they'll look good in a frame. Probably I could try out cooking these recipes! :wink1:
8405259652_47187390b8_b.jpg

Dragon Pin Antique Copper Finish - After procrastinating, finally got this. It's quite nice, and complements well the World Premiere pin.
8404165537_a92c3c905f_b.jpg

Back