Everyone's Motherload of Hobbit Goodies

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice! I will get the floor plan at somepoint it looks great. How's the Smaug pin? I may try to pick that up at comic-con if they bring any.

Of course they will Josh and I intend to pick one up as well. :D

I have all of the miniature letter opener swords from NC. Started them back in 2002 with LOTR. So far my collection consists of 5 LOTR and 2Hobbit. I also have the 3 miniature staffs of the wizards (Saruman, Gandy White, and Gandy Gray). They also have display boxes (pseudo velvet lined), but not in wooden cases like the mini-swords. They're actually pens. Haven't got them in any kind of decent display since I am hoping for NC to do Radagast's staff as well as any other swords they may pop up with for the rest of the trilogy. Then I intend to put them all together (with the miniature Weta shields, the Shards of Narsil figurine, the LOTR mini-helms, and Arms of the Fellowship) and do a giant display of weapons/armor of Middle Earth or some such. Will be 2-3 years before I can finish it.

That's what I'm hoping. So I can pick one up. :rock

I will say I am damn impressed with how good these mini-swords from NC. they are very much worth the cost to get them. did they do Anduril? I know they did Nasril (i have it) but would love to get that version. It may be 2-3 years but that's gonna be a damn good looking display. :rock

I do and don't have Anduril. Even though Noble calls it Narsil, as far as I'm concerned they're one and the same -- actually, since I have the Shards of Narsil, I'm calling it Anduril. The LOTR swords that were available are: Herugrim (Theodon's), Sting, Glamdring, Anduril/Narsil, and Arwen's sword. From Hobbit: Orcrist and Thorin's original, nameless, sword.

I do and don't have Anduril. Even though Noble calls it Narsil, as far as I'm concerned they're one and the same -- actually, since I have the Shards of Narsil, I'm calling it Anduril. The LOTR swords that were available are: Herugrim (Theodon's), Sting, Glamdring, Anduril/Narsil, and Arwen's sword. From Hobbit: Orcrist and Thorin's original, nameless, sword.

That's kind of how I look at it. Since its not going to happen (Anduril being made) I guess there isn't any choice. :lol I don't have Arwen's sword either it does look nice though. I have all the other NC put out. :rock

Do you know how the Noble Collection swords looks next to the United Cutlery ones (I'm talking about the little LOTR swords (1:5))? Are similar size?

Well, the little ones NC puts out are very nicely made and detailed but I can't say as I don't have any small UC ones (didn't realize they made any to be honest).

That leather bound The Hobbit is SO COOL!! :rock
Any online seller have it?

Oddly enough most of your major online book retailers have sold out out the leather bound pocket edition....Amazon, barnes and noble, overstock, walmart....However check your local walmart...I just picked one up on clearance for $8 and change....random huh....

Wait...on a whim I checked Books a Million...and they have it in stock online....

https://www.booksamillion.com/p/Hobbit/J-R-Tolkien/9780544045521?gclid=CJm1upPN_rQCFQsGnQodqBEAng

Oddly enough most of your major online book retailers have sold out out the leather bound pocket edition....Amazon, barnes and noble, overstock, walmart....However check your local walmart...I just picked one up on clearance for $8 and change....random huh....

Wait...on a whim I checked Books a Million...and they have it in stock online....

https://www.booksamillion.com/p/Hobbit/J-R-Tolkien/9780544045521?gclid=CJm1upPN_rQCFQsGnQodqBEAng

It is great - definitely my favorite version of The Hobbit that I've ever owned. The Barnes & Noble by us still had a big stack of them 3 weeks ago and by last week they were all gone. I'm gonna pick up another one to give to my son when He's a little older.

Well I finally decided to take the plunge on the Noble Collection version of Bilbo's Contract and I am VERY pleased with it! The contract is huge, a detailed copy of the original version, granted it is nowhere near the quality of Weta's version but is a cool, well made duplicate. The pages are glued together but has embossed stitching to make it look like the pages were sewn together and several "worn holes" to give it that aged look, for the price, if anyone is thinking of getting this get it soon as Noble stops making these things at weird times and then they are no more. VERY happy with this one!!! :yess:

Glad you like it. Its a really nice piece for sure. I know Weta's ia a better but this is a nice one to get as well.

Glad you like it. Its a really nice piece for sure. I know Weta's ia a better but this is a nice one to get as well.

True but the price tag has me hesitant on the Weta version but I am dying to see it in person..............

I've gotta get the contract. For $40.00 it seems worth it.

GET IT!! You will love this one, funny as I am more interested in getting the odds and ends of the LOTR line such as the various maps and stuff like the contract now. Now I am going to get some shadow boxes to display them in....

I understand. I look at it like thats two statues I could get for the price of it. However, I do think it is probably cool and worth the price.

True but the price tag has me hesitant on the Weta version but I am dying to see it in person..............

GET IT!! You will love this one, funny as I am more interested in getting the odds and ends of the LOTR line such as the various maps and stuff like the contract now. Now I am going to get some shadow boxes to display them in....

Yeah, I'm really starting to get into the prop replicas as well. I really want to pick up Sting at some point.

You can see here a lot of them (but they are sold out in a lot of pages):

https://www.cuernavilla.com/el-seor-de-los-anillos-armas-miniatura-c-1_277.html

That's the ones I have, around 4 of them with the stands, which makes having them on display very easy. I have mine on either side of my PC monitor.

All in all i'm very happy with the UC ones, they seem fairly well made (stainless steel, just like there 'cheaper' full size ones') and while the box that the NC ones come in are nice, it just seems to create more display problems, while the UC ones display easy, don't take up to overall space that a full box does and are easy to lift out to open a letter.

So they are similar to the NC ones. They're pretty well made then I'd venture to guess. The NC boxes I don't think present anymore issue displaying than anything else out there.

I asked about it just becouse I think that's a very good idea to have a display with all the LOTR and Hobbit mini swords, as I've read to someone here, and I'm going to start buying them (the Hobbit NC), but there's some LOTR mini swords that UC has done and NC not, and just would like to know if the size is good (there's not a big diference) to put both together.

It's cool. No harm was meant by what you were asking. I don't believe anyone took it badly at all. Despite the differences in bases I think both could make for a nice display set up.

Back