The Princess Bride Statues at 80% off!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got mine in. I hadn't realized they were 1:6 scale - much bigger than I'd expected. The pegs on mine were way off, maybe as much as a 1/4 inch, but with a little squeezing I got them to fit. Didn't have to heat them at all either. The sculpts are strong although the paint isn't the greatest.

For $60 each these are a no-brainer if you're a fan. Even with $30 shipping for the 2.

My second set finally came in and they fit much better. One was slightly off, but popped right in. Let me know when you might want a set Matt and I will figure what it will run to get them to you.

My second set finally came in and they fit much better. One was slightly off, but popped right in. Let me know when you might want a set Matt and I will figure what it will run to get them to you.

Thank you very much, Stingray. I'm so glad that the second set is a winner. If it's alright with you, I'll get my Christopher Reeve Superman PF out of the way next month & then I'd love this set from you as I have no other financial burdens after that.

So will late February or early/mid March be OK with you?

I sincerely apologize if asking you to keep hold of these for a couple of months is out of line.

Hey, Stingray, I just heard that the CR Superman PF has been delayed to March or April so I'd love these wonderful statues now, if they're still available, that is.

So how would this work? I've never ordered from the States outside of ordering with Sideshow so I'm in the dark as to how best to proceed with this business transaction. Have you ever sent any collectibles across the Atlantic for any other fellow collectors, buddy?

Hard to believe at this price they still haven't even sold out yet.

It seriously is hard to believe. These weren't sold anywhere here, in the UK, so 67L88Stingray has very kindly ordered me a set from BBTS that I'll be buying from him at the end of the month. $60 each is an insanely low price for these quality 1/5 scale statues. I guess that the fan base for Princess Bride high-end collectibles just isn't there, sadly.

I jumped on these day one they went on sale... guess I didn't have to. I thought they'd be gone in minutes. I guessa they're not as popular as Ia think they're popular.

It seriously is hard to believe. These weren't sold anywhere here, in the UK, so 67L88Stingray has very kindly ordered me a set from BBTS that I'll be buying from him at the end of the month. $60 each is an insanely low price for these quality 1/5 scale statues. I guess that the fan base for Princess Bride high-end collectibles just isn't there, sadly.

I don't know about that. The Inigo & Roberts Swords by this company sell for Really good money!
Inigo's sword is almost Never on Ebay and when it is, it's sell's for A Lot!
The last few Dread Pirate Robert's Sword's on Ebay have Sold for a Grand alone now!

I don't know about that. The Inigo & Roberts Swords by this company sell for Really good money!
Inigo's sword is almost Never on Ebay and when it is, it's sell's for A Lot!
The last few Dread Pirate Robert's Sword's on Ebay have Sold for a Grand alone now!

Oh, wow! Well shut my mouth, then. :)

It's good to know that there actually is a market for high-end collectibles from this brilliant film. Maybe word quickly spread about how dodgy the pegs & hole fittings are on these statues. That could explain why people aren't willing to take the risk on buying them, perhaps.

I've just had a look on amazon for these replica swords & I think that I'd kill (or at least, seriously maim) for the Inigo Montoya sword. It's a real beauty & at only 750 is going to be a real tough one to get hold of. The Roberts one is also stellar.

The Swords were once even marked down on their site by like 30% off. Then they even did a package deal for Both Swords signed by Rob Reiner if you bought it.
It was Limited to 100 sets I believe. They were available for the longest time. It was one of these things that I kept saying I'll buy it later and never did. Now it's Sold Out and going for Triple the Retail.

They're more 1/6 scale really. It is strange - they paint isn't the best on them, but that can't explain the lack of interest. And it's not like there were so many that the market was saturated. Perhaps there's just not that much cross over with collectibles and Princess Bride fans.

They're more 1/6 scale really. It is strange - they paint isn't the best on them, but that can't explain the lack of interest. And it's not like there were so many that the market was saturated. Perhaps there's just not that much cross over with collectibles and Princess Bride fans.

That may very well be the case if those beautiful sword replicas actually took a long time to sell out &, even then, only at a reduced price. The cross over market just probably isn't there.

Same with The Matrix. Gentle Giant tried with several busts & a couple of statues but they did not prove that popular. I know that the Trinity on Motorcycle is now considered somewhat of a grail but the Neo, like those swords, took a while to sell out & was reduced in price greatly. I have a couple of the busts & the quality seems great, to me.

Same with The Simpsons. At least Sideshow tried with their mini-bust range. I bought them all & really love them but I remember that Sideshow &, UK store, Forbidden Planet had to reduce the price of them to eventually sell them all. I'd of loved a Maggie (can't help but think that she should have been in Marge's arms) & a Principle Skinner, Edna Krabappel & Ned Flanders. I really whish this line had been popular as I'd love to have a hundred or so right now instead of a mere 14. :(

I kept putting these off and eventually BBTS sold out. Finally grabbed the pair off of Amazon and got them yesterday. As a Princess Bride Fan, I am really impressed!

First, I really don't quite understand why Factory Entertainment is not a little better known. I mean, these are not stellar, but they are more than respectable collectibles. Such a weird company that goes from extremely low end to rather high end. Maybe that is why nobody pays attention?

The Carey Elwes Dredd Pirate Roberts is a spot on sculpt. Mandy Patankin's Inigo Montoya is passable. The Paint while not superb does not have any glaring errors either, and there are many nice details on both sculpts. The bases are heavy, these are not hollow, and the packaging is VERY nice for both. I am really happy to own these (same as the Garfield).

My Inigo Montoy was a little off on the pegs, but not so much that slight squeezing didn't get him to fit, and paired off, these two tilting swords is really something to behold.

There are still a few of these on Amazon, I actually got the set for $125 shipped. If anyone like me put these on the back burner, grab the pair before they are gone! I have a feeling that the 500ea. that they made are or will be soon in the hands of Princess Bride fans and the secondary market will dry up before long.

I LOVE my set. Got them up on my bookshelf, makes the books seem to come to life. I just need a copy of the book now... :lol

Back