The Princess Bride Statues at 80% off!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure you want to heat them to adjust the pegs, may crack the poly or in order to get enough change in angle or it will melt the paint. Can you redrill the peg holes or will it show?

Hmmm guess I won't heat em then cuz they're pretty far off. I'll have to check em again to see if I can redrill if not probably wouldn't hurt them any just to cut the rear pegs off

These are awesome & look great for the price.

The Princess Bride is one of my all time favourite films & I would snap these up if any were ever sold here in the UK but it seems like these only sold Stateside. :gah:

Yep they are super awesome. Redrilled a couple holes and the feet covered the others, super easy and looks great

These are awesome & look great for the price.

The Princess Bride is one of my all time favourite films & I would snap these up if any were ever sold here in the UK but it seems like these only sold Stateside. :gah:

I can get you a set if you want them. Would just give them to you for my cost from BBTS(+ UK shipping/paypal fees) Let me know.

I can get you a set if you want them. Would just give them to you for my cost from BBTS(+ UK shipping/paypal fees) Let me know.

Oh man, that is really, really good of you. & BBTS is selling these for only $60 each! That is an amazing price & I really can't believe that they haven't already been snapped up.

But I've just paid for my Big Chap LSB & I still have money put aside for the Christopher Reeve Superman PF. Once I've paid for that, Stingray, then I'd love to take you up on this offer.

I've only ever bought from the States with Sideshow & usually avoid it because of the horrific UK taxes we get added on. They even add it on to the shipping which just doesn't seem right at all. :gah:

But $120 for this pair is just too amazing to pass up. I just wish I knew what the heck is going on with that CRS PF & whether we're even going to get it this year. I'd be fine if we're not, I'd just like to know so that maybe I could get these 2 statues right now. :panic:

Oh man, that is really, really good of you. & BBTS is selling these for only $60 each! That is an amazing price & I really can't believe that they haven't already been snapped up.

But I've just paid for my Big Chap LSB & I still have money put aside for the Christopher Reeve Superman PF. Once I've paid for that, Stingray, then I'd love to take you up on this offer.

I've only ever bought from the States with Sideshow & usually avoid it because of the horrific UK taxes we get added on. They even add it on to the shipping which just doesn't seem right at all. :gah:

But $120 for this pair is just too amazing to pass up. I just wish I knew what the heck is going on with that CRS PF & whether we're even going to get it this year. I'd be fine if we're not, I'd just like to know so that maybe I could get these 2 statues right now. :panic:

Ok, let me know. I just sent a bunch of movies to the UK and the customs is giving my friend a hassle so I know what you mean.

Well, I went ahead and ordered a set in case you want them Matt or I can use them as trading stock. When they arrived I opened them for inspection and was really impressed...until I tried to put them on their bases. Neither one would fit without major surgery so I am sending back and they are supposed to try a set before they ship replacements, but we shall see...They did mention that this was a pretty common problem and may be why these are so cheap.

Well, I went ahead and ordered a set in case you want them Matt or I can use them as trading stock. When they arrived I opened them for inspection and was really impressed...until I tried to put them on their bases. Neither one would fit without major surgery so I am sending back and they are supposed to try a set before they ship replacements, but we shall see...They did mention that this was a pretty common problem and may be why these are so cheap.

Thank you for ordering these, Stingray. You are very kind. :duff

But that's a real bummer about the pegs, though. It really does seem to be a very common problem with these statues, which is a damn shame given what the rest of the quality of these pieces looks to be like.

It is possible to squeeze the legs together to fit the pegs into the holes. I know I'm repeating myself, but I figured I'd mention it again in case anyone didn't see it. :)

It is possible to squeeze the legs together to fit the pegs into the holes. I know I'm repeating myself, but I figured I'd mention it again in case anyone didn't see it. :)

How far were yours off though? Mine were probably 1/4". I tried forcing a little and started hearing bad sounds so I stopped.

It's very strange that they couldn't sell 500 of these statues. Princess Bride seems like it's would be a pretty popular property.

Here are some pics of the Princess Bride statues. I really like them, especially for the price. I was able to get the pegs in the holes with a little pressure, no problems. Mine were not that far off.

PB04.JPGPB01.JPGPB02.JPGPB03.JPG

Those look great. My replacements are currently on the way from BBTS. I told them to test them before they ship, so hopefully I get a good set this time.

Back