Everyone's Motherload of Hobbit Goodies

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Came home today and my weta map is here:yess: Not has a chance to open it yet can't wait to get it framed.

Just checked out the weta parchment map, looks really nice but utterly ruined by dumbass warner bros copyright stuff printed along the bottom, hopefully I can find a frame that covers it.:slap

I agree. If it were not for that I would think weta would not be able t keep those in stock. Even the prop hand made by Daniel has the copyright, but it is on the back as this should have been.

Just to be clear about the auction. I ended it early. I had to sell to highest bidder first since there were less than 12 hours left. Then I contacted buyer and cancelled the transaction. I hate that, but in the end it came down to a matter of copyright. I don't want to start any trouble. A few people pointed this out to me. So, while I know what I made was hand done, I still felt that not selling it would be better at this point.

Btw, how does Indy sell his maps? Maybe there was nothing to it afterall. I don't know all the laws, so I played it safe.

Btwx2. I have begun the process of making my own Red Book of Westmarch. That pic of Thorin's key was my first sketch of many for the Hobbit. Awhile back years ago, I did a map of wilderland which I will include in my book.

Thanks. I am not sure where to ask, but I would love to talk with anyone who has a copy of Indy's Red Book of Westmarch. Indy is away on holiday and I had a few general questions.

My drawing I will use of gollum

Last edited:
IMG_7487_zpsbce0ee4c.jpg

IMG_7472_zps4df76616.jpg

IMG_7466_zpsb5b990ab.jpg

Very nice!:hi5: I was tempted to get that version from the NC but settled for their "economy" version that I found at Barnes & Noble while Christmas shopping.

CIMG1108.jpg

My Wife gave me this for Christmas: A pocket-size, leather-bound edition of the Hobbit.:rock Now I don't have to lug around my old 50th Anniversary edition HC anymore.

CIMG1098.jpg

CIMG1104.jpg

CIMG1103.jpg

CIMG1102.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks! It's pretty cool. I saw that at B&N during one of my visits there recently. It's pretty nice looking as well. That's sweet! I saw that there as well and I believe Ween got one as well.

Just received my autographed Hobbit Chronicles book in the mail today! :rock :rock :rock

I count five signatures: Richard Taylor, Daniel Falconer, Eduardo Pena and two others that I can't read. It appears they have the initials GH and GZ. Can anyone tell me who the fourth and fifth signers would be?

Back